Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven System Could be Better

Reaver_X

So the riven system is much more tolerable than it was upon release, but i think it could still be better, mainly, get rid of the pointless unveiling process, you already have to complete a series of missions just to get a riven mod, thats for a completely random weapon no less, why do we need to do these dumb challenges just to find out what it is? I feel its the equivalent of the game telling your warframe to "Dance Monkey Dance!!".

2nd, it should be possible to lock in 1 stat for a reroll, meaning all others will change except the 1, for a cost of course. Some people say that it would ruin the point that its supposed to make you try new and different combinations, but lets be real here, people don't spend dumb amounts of platinum for "unique and interesting" riven rolls. lol. Besides it'll still require time and investment to get what you want, as its only 1 stat, just not quite stupid levels of it.

4 hours ago, Reaver_X said:

So the riven system is much more tolerable than it was upon release, but i think it could still be better, mainly, get rid of the pointless unveiling process, you already have to complete a series of missions just to get a riven mod, thats for a completely random weapon no less, why do we need to do these dumb challenges just to find out what it is? I feel its the equivalent of the game telling your warframe to "Dance Monkey Dance!!".

2nd, it should be possible to lock in 1 stat for a reroll, meaning all others will change except the 1, for a cost of course. Some people say that it would ruin the point that its supposed to make you try new and different combinations, but lets be real here, people don't spend dumb amounts of platinum for "unique and interesting" riven rolls. lol. Besides it'll still require time and investment to get what you want, as its only 1 stat, just not quite stupid levels of it.

The plat is an artificial part of the system as exploited by the players. There's no reason to buy or sell them for any significant amount of plat. Plat prices for them cannot be used as a reason for DE to change them. The RIven system would sooner be ripped out and forgotten before they allow stats to be locked.

1. The challenges aren't even hard. Try Destiny 2's quests and the like if you want to actually enjoy a challenge.

2. If you could pick which weapon you want upon unveil, then how about a 200p fee for it, k? The whole system is rng: getting one and unveiling for the weapon's name.

3. Stat locking is actually the best idea you've come up with buddy, keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

i agree with the first part.

i also would like to see the mr cap lowered to 8 on all riven mods and the kuva cap reduced to 2400/roll

MR cap should stay as is, or at least lowered to 14 (Euphona Prime cap) to prevent MR0-7 running around with godlike weapons; it ruins the game and power creeps harder than Tigris Prime. Kuva cap should stop at 2500 to match a Kuva Flood (2x buff ofc) so that you only have to do 3 missions max to roll again after the cap cost is reached.

except there is nothing wrong with allowing stats to be locked,at least one, and allowing it for an additional cost of kuva for each roll to boot. Its still going to be random dude, its not like its all of a sudden you just have access to the perfect mod because omg you can lock one stat in. your still going to have to reroll it several times.

also its not a question of the challenges being hard, most of them are quite do able, there are a few though that are just plain WTF mode. The point is, does it really need to exist? what do having these challenges bring to the table aside from making it take longer to find out exactly what weapon the mod is even for, seems like something thats there just for the sake of being there.

and i never said anything about picking the weapon you want upon reveal. nothing even close to that. i just know it wouldnt hurt to trim some of the fat when it comes to the level of rng still involved in this system.

Edited by Reaver_X

If we could lock in a stat line, I figure that the percent boost would still be variable and change every time it is rerolled.

So say a player really want to keep Crit Chance, well, it could be plausible to keep that line and each roll would change up the percent boost and the other parts of the Riven.

8 hours ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

MR cap should stay as is, or at least lowered to 14 (Euphona Prime cap) to prevent MR0-7 running around with godlike weapons; it ruins the game and power creeps harder than Tigris Prime. Kuva cap should stop at 2500 to match a Kuva Flood (2x buff ofc) so that you only have to do 3 missions max to roll again after the cap cost is reached.

okay not mr8 but a fixed one. i see no point of 8-16 since you can find a mr8 riven for any weapon. the kuva cap should be 2400, not 2500 to match 2 kuva floods. thats why i suggested that. 

13 hours ago, Reaver_X said:

except there is nothing wrong with allowing stats to be locked,at least one, and allowing it for an additional cost of kuva for each roll to boot. Its still going to be random dude, its not like its all of a sudden you just have access to the perfect mod because omg you can lock one stat in. your still going to have to reroll it several times.

Yeah, somewhat. I've invested over 500 rolls into a single weapon, and eventually just gave up as I never got a roll that was better than the initial stats on a trash riven I bought for 100p.

It's just too random. The RNG here is so extreme that it can just infinitely refuse to give you stats that are beneficial for the weapon. After 500 rolls you can still be exactly at square one, nothing to show for your gargantuan effort.

This also makes rivens totally biased, because some weapons benefit from a variety of stats, exponentially increasing the number of viable combinations, while others are virtually impossible to get a half decent roll for.

There needs to be some progression, and some intent, behind rolling rivens. Many suggestions have been brought forward, such as being able to lock a stat after 50 rolls. This would at least give us a (long term) goal to work towards instead of just endlessly throwing our time at a stubborn RNG wall with no results.

I will care about Rivens when:

Unveiling is gone. It's a horrible, unnecessary time sink.

They aren't gated behind Sorties, or Sorties aren't a terrible (subjective) Experience based on (objectively) horrible game design decisions.

The drop chance for Rivens is decent

Kuva farming DOESNT suck

I don't know why it's fully random. Like that randomness causes issues with the game as is, so why even make it fully random instead of mods that have two or three random buffs and one debuff each one being one of three possible power levels of Low, Medium, and High.

Also, yeah, Rivens are difficult to get, even unveiled ones.

i really hope they take another look at it.

tbh, i feel like DE's 1st pass on content is always based around "how do we make it so that players will invest time into this and not complete it in a day and be done with it", but it feels like they try way way waaay too hard to prevent this from happening, and that is why the grind level of warframe is over 9000. The changes they did make to the riven system is great, but it still needs work, and hopefully they do it sooner rather than later.

On 11/18/2017 at 10:59 AM, Reaver_X said:

Lockboxes, Warframe-style.