Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most attractive weapon?

Medbot

Tenno weapons definitely have the most variety, I'd say I like the look of the Tiberon, Sybaris and Skana family best; simple, streamlined and elegant.

Grineer weapons are designed to be reliable and robust rather than look good. "strong and ugly, like the people who make them". the Harkonar skins go a long way to remedy this though, Harkonar Grinlok is especially nice. i also think the Kesheg is pretty decent looking for a Grineer Polearm, was expecting something like the Javlok that you smack people with.

Corpus weapons look super-complicate in a bad way. the Lanka and Dera are best looking IMO because they appear simpler than guns like the Convectrix and Arca weapons.

Infested weapons are the ugliest of all, first one that looked OK was the Dual Toxocysts when closed, as I liked the Barrel profile. I love the Caustacyst though, it looks badass in black on Nekros Prime. otherwise I'll use skins (my Mire has the Frysta Skin on it)

Orokin weapons are my favourite because of metallic effects and nice engravings. Galatine Prime, Lex/AkLex Prime and Vasto Prime are works of art. I wouldn't say any of the prime weapons are ugly, but I find the overly extravagant ones like Nami Skyla Prime less appealing (Skyla Prime looks ridiculous with such a wavy Blade shape.)

we need more Sentient weapons IMO, War and Broken War both look awesome but I'd love to see a Sentient primary/secondary.

as for weapon Skins, Tekulu all the way. Harkonar and some DOTD skins are worth buying as well.

On 11/18/2017 at 7:03 PM, Medbot said:

I wish I could but the offer sends me to Amazon Prime instead of Twitch, is that intentional? Plus the "free trial" requires a credit card, which I've elected not to get.

Thanks for that! Now I just need a vectis. :blush:

The codes gives you a free Potato powered Vectis along with a slot and the Skin.

Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Orthos Prime. Normal Silva and Aegis.

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

I will go against the crowd and say grineer. I just love their whole aesthetic. Powerful, industrial yet smooth - grineer weapons look nothing like anything I've seen anywhere else. I have no doubts that there are similarly designed fictional weaponary somewhere, but I'm not aware of those. Unlike tenno and corpus, who fit well established aesthetic archeotypes - albeit with heavy Warframe personality spliced in to them. I nominate Argonak, Gorgon, Kohm, Harpak, Rubico, Brakk, Kulstar, Atterax and Jat Kittag as my favorite designs.

Tenno weapons are close second. I'm hard pressed to imagine anything below good and most look absolutely gorgeous, but not many make me moist as much as the best of grineer. Their prime counterparts are hit or miss with some enhancing original design while others being just overdesigned. I nominate Soma (not Prime), Sybaris (not Dex), Stradavar, Astilla, Boar Prime, Tigris, Attica, Zhuge, Paris Prime, Panthera, Boltor, Bolto, Lato, Magnus, Vasto (not Prime), Aksomati, Akstiletto, Nikana, Orthos, Dual Decurion, Corvas, Cyngas, Veritux, Agkuza and Rathbone as my favorite designs.

Corpus have it pretty mixed: some designs are complete awesomeball while others look very plastic and nerf like even with PBR. I nominate Dera, Opticor, Lenz, Angstrum, Detron, Cycron and Lecta as my Favorite designs.

And finally we have infested. I honestly don't feel like Warframe's engine is very good at modeling flesh and liquids - prime ingredients for making something discusting. So only infested weapon I can bring myself to nominate as favorite is Hema.

Check out Dera Vandal, with it's golden accents and a colorful lotus symbol on the cheeck pad, aswell the Snipetron vandal. 
Also the Burston Prime with Solstice Skin is pretty awesome.

For aesthetics i like the Caustacyst on my infested Excalibur theme.

PrimeGalatine342

Give her a pretty name...

Spoiler

of an ancient goddess of war, blood frenzy, and havoc

Waltz her...

Spoiler

Upon the distorted bodies and disassembled robotics, under the grand choir of agonizing shrikes and symphony of explosions

Priceless

Edited by Teloch

On 19/11/2017 at 12:52 AM, Medbot said:

This is something I've been considering. Obviously the Grineer aren't a big winner in this regard (this is perfectly consistent with the Grineer mindset), as their weapons look like highly specialized power tools of some sort. More often than not, they don't even have a BA heavy metal kind of brute force look, typically with under sized handles (like most Warframe weapons), and skinny barrels with weird spiky balls attached in various places (also what's up with buttons replacing triggers?). 

Orokin (prime) weapons are nicer looking although many suffer from the same disproportionately small/thin handles. Also Orokin weapons frequently have a busy look to them, and some take on a rather tired stereotypical heavenly look.

I like some Corpus weapons, although the Corpus emphasis on profit and functionality (similar to the Grineer) doesn't allow much room for creativity, producing rather plain looking weapons with more right angles than credits in my account (just as an analogy - imagine that i'm super rich). 

Tenno weapons, although sprinkled with some minimally interesting specimens (like the strun), enjoys the most variety and chance of winning the Most Attractive award (although the Furis looks like it belongs in a museum).

What do you think?

Primary:sibaris prime

secondary:vasto prime

melee:nikana prime with fire skin