The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired of everyone saying Cernos Prime is trash?? (Look no further!)

Dahx11

7 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

9Ss95t8.png

"Gid gud" works if there was something to "gid gud" at, you can kill level 100 enemies with MK-1 Paris if you trow enough formas and mods at it, that does not make the weapon efficient.

7 minutes ago, SilentLogix said:

so go ahead and upload the video of you doing it without invincibility and with a normal amount of enemies spawned in at the level you showed it at

You guys are missing the point...

Just now, Dahx11 said:

You guys are missing the point...

no you're missing the point as why people don't consider it a good weapon. Any weapon can be considered good when you invincible in the simulacrum and standing right infront of a single enemy on a weapon that has a large spread and with no chance of dying.  Since you're testing it on level 100s, go ahead and spawn in a normal amount of enemies that you would fight in an actual game, at the level your testing, and move around like you are actually playing at a real distance you would fight from. Until then this is just another case of perfect scenario simulacrum showcase that doesn't show any actual real game use.

7 minutes ago, ninjadeboxers said:

I would love to say that cernos prime is now a good weapon but the possibillity of a slash change that can make hunter munnitions useless on non slash weapons makes me sad

Hopefully when the change hits the base will stay the same, and just scale higher for slash weapons.

1 hour ago, SilentLogix said:

now try it without being invincible, and moving around like you're actually playing instead of being a few feet from the enemy

So your saying I should equip this weapon with my Assimilate Nyx, my Blast Kulstar for knockdown, and then use it on them to imitate the Sim-gym? 😆

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

43 minutes ago, SilentLogix said:

no you're missing the point as why people don't consider it a good weapon. Any weapon can be considered good when you invincible in the simulacrum and standing right infront of a single enemy on a weapon that has a large spread and with no chance of dying.  Since you're testing it on level 100s, go ahead and spawn in a normal amount of enemies that you would fight in an actual game, at the level your testing, and move around like you are actually playing at a real distance you would fight from. Until then this is just another case of perfect scenario simulacrum showcase that doesn't show any actual real game use.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you were the Wizard of the simulacrum and know everything about what people think and what people consider to be good. I'm only jumping through hoops for you so you can see that invincibility has nothing to do with it. So hear is your glorified non invincibility video you all want to see so bad.

http://gph.is/2jdCH5g

Now can we just forget this thread ever happened and let the Cernos Prime continue to be trash since that's what you want

Here are all of my bows.  I like them all.  Out of all of them, the Cernos Prime is the worst.  It's pretty and somewhat fun with Thunderbolt, but it's still at the bottom.  And that's even with my Cernos riven on it.  Maybe if I wasn't playing Ivara as much, I might think higher of it. 

D5VXk0L.jpg

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Here are all of my bows.  I like them all.  Out of all of them, the Cernos Prime is the worst.  It's pretty and somewhat fun with Thunderbolt, but it's still at the bottom.  And that's even with my Cernos riven on it.  Maybe if I wasn't playing Ivara as much, I might think higher of it. 

D5VXk0L.jpg

I understand that and I'm not saying it's the best bow in game, I'm saying it's not "trash"

1 hour ago, SilentLogix said:

Any weapon can be considered good when you invincible in the simulacrum and standing right infront of a single enemy on a weapon that has a large spread and with no chance of dying.

You make it sound like "omg a room full of level 100 heavy gunners killed my vulnerable frame" is somehow exclusive to crappy weapons like the Cernos Prime.

I don't understand. Do you think that using a Dread instead will magically let you clear the room of gunners without a scratch or something?

Edited by SortaRandom

2 hours ago, Dahx11 said:

Can other bows clear rooms like shotguns?

I just saw this post.  You said this and still told some one they need to "Git Gud"? 

Ok, yes all the bows can clear rooms of enemies in a line with the exception of the Lenz.  The Rakta Cernos can clear a whole room with it's synd proc.  Gas Build Daikyu can kill multiple nearby enemies quite often.  Same with Mutalyst Cernos,  Then there's the Lenz which we don't even need to mention what it can do.  Now all of these bows can do this at a much greater range than any of the shotguns except for one bow.  Guess which bow that is.  Yep, the Cernos Prime due to how it spreads it's arrows it doesn't have the range to damage ratio of the other bows.  

What the Cernos Prime does do that other bows don't is to be more forgiving to it's user for not being more accurate while using a bow at short to medium ranges.  

edit:  I was willing to work with your topic until you said the above quote and then told another to git gud. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
some corrections

To answer some questions that seem to pop up frequently in this thread:

2 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

If i use vauban/nova/harrow/nidus/rhino/Excalibur etc and shoot them in the face will it still count?

Doubt it. For some reason, some folks in this thread seem to think that the effectiveness of a weapon is determined by how well its user survives in a room of un-cc'd level 100 heavies.

If i use vauban/nova/harrow/nidus/rhino/Excalibur etc and shoot them in the face will it still count?

Doubt it. For some reason, some folks in this thread seem to think that the effectiveness of a weapon is determined by how well its user survives in a room of un-cc'd level 100 heavies.

Doubt it. For some reason, some folks in this thread seem to think that the effectiveness of a weapon is determined by how well its user survives in a room of un-cc'd level 100 heavies.

Edited by SortaRandom

3 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

First, I really did smile when seeing your response to that earlier comment.  Thank you for that.  

Now, in truth there are some weapons that you really don't get to see the full effects of in the Simulacrum.  Syndicate weapons being a few of those because you don't get the synd procs there.  Personally I think the Sim is fine for some testing and getting an Idea of how a weapon works.  It's when you actually use the weapon/frame/etc in different missions is when you can truly get what can really happen.  Which is why I always take and test new frames/weapons in multiple missions.  First solo low level to get a feel for it, then higher level group missions for the potential chaos that can happen.  :D

46 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

First, I really did smile when seeing your response to that earlier comment.  Thank you for that.  

Now, in truth there are some weapons that you really don't get to see the full effects of in the Simulacrum.  Syndicate weapons being a few of those because you don't get the synd procs there.  Personally I think the Sim is fine for some testing and getting an Idea of how a weapon works.  It's when you actually use the weapon/frame/etc in different missions is when you can truly get what can really happen.  Which is why I always take and test new frames/weapons in multiple missions.  First solo low level to get a feel for it, then higher level group missions for the potential chaos that can happen.  :D

Oh, I agree. Field-testing is way more important than the "idealized" situations that the Simulacrum presents.

But as far as the Cernos goes, the only real "drawback" of the weapon that OP's post didn't accurately portray was the gigantic spread of the weapon... and the solution to that (both in-Simulacrum and in-mission) is literally any method that lets the player get close safely. In Simulacrum, the invincibility/AI toggle does the trick... and in a mission, just grab one of the numerous frames that's good at CC/tanking/invis/etc and you'll have pretty much the exact same situation. (Save for the picture-perfect headshot lineups that the AI toggle produces.)

Basically, the Cernos will be perfectly viable in both cases. Just prepare yourself for the downsides of the weapon (as you would with a shotgun or a melee weapon) and you're set.

Edited by SortaRandom

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe OP's point was that the Cernos Prime now has a build that overcomes its baseline weaknesses against high-level Armored targets and can now shred them, allowing the bow to be used more readily in high-level content. OP never said it's now the best bow out there, or even that it's meta, only that it's viable. OP even provided the build and visual proof that it can slay a Lvl 100 Corrputd Heavy Gunner with only two shots. That's nothing to sneeze at.

OP, thank-you for the doing the work and sharing it with us. Ignore the shade. This thread is being populated with Tenno who never liked the Cernos Prime and are dedicated to remaining that way, despite the evidence against their opinions.