Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Excalibur's Passive to Apply to Heavy Blades

Murph_HKM

Before you scream no, just hear me out.

I get that Heavy Blades aren't all swords, but all Dual Swords aren't swords either.

10% attack speed and 10% damage isn't MASSIVE, but it'll certainly be a noticeable change. However, it isn't going to turn Excalibur into some unstoppable killing machine, but it'll certainly open up some more creativity in his kit, both for PvE and PvP.

Makes him more appealing as a Melee focused Frame, doesn't break the balance for any other Frame, and gives him some more toys to play with.

Thoughts?

I'd like to see that (actually now that I've got my zaw I just noticed I have 3 loadouts of Excalibur and the melee goes like this: War, Glaive Prime, Mewan with Jayap = Polearm well that sucks none get the passive better than only 1 or 2 having it though I guess also im still using them whether or not they change it forget the general guide lines to a healthy Excalibur build.)

Edited by Slayer116
no passive bonus for me guys XD

1 hour ago, Phyrak said:

Thought for thoughts sake:

Wouldn't rhino make more sense- not to any specific weapon but to heavy melee weapons in general?

no

excal is the sword frame, and he gets no bonuses to galatine, but he gets bonuses to the zoren and dual kamas, cause reasons

Excal could remain as a Blade Master Frame, in that any weapon with any form of a Blade could see a boost from his passive.

To me, Thematically, it also makes more sense to have his third be a Glaive that slices up the enemy and the Exalted Waves on the 4th be Energy Glaives.

6 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Lemme guess, zenistar? 

I didn't have particular weapon in mind in all honesty; as far as Heavy Blades go though, I prefer either War or the Galatine. 

56 minutes ago, ViolettaFoxx said:

I agree with making his passive universal for all bladed weapons, including the Glaives.

I never even thought about including Glaives as well; that would totally be sweet too!

6 hours ago, TKDancer said:

no

excal is the sword frame, and he gets no bonuses to galatine, but he gets bonuses to the zoren and dual kamas, cause reasons

Wasn't Excalibur getting the passive buff only from Nikana family and single-handed swords? I didn't really notice the buffs when I played with two-handed ones. Or I'm just a big idiot.

1 hour ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Excal could remain as a Blade Master Frame, in that any weapon with any form of a Blade could see a boost from his passive.

To me, Thematically, it also makes more sense to have his third be a Glaive that slices up the enemy and the Exalted Waves on the 4th be Energy Glaives.

What does Warframe Excalibur have to do with Glaives?

Just now, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

A mastery over Bladed Weaponry.

You know, Gun and Blade.

Excalibur's theme is swords. He throws a bunch of swords around with his Radial Javelin and summons a high damage one that sends out waves of energy with his 4.

His theme does not seem to make sense of a Glaive being used for his 3 and 4, the idea I replied to.

1 hour ago, Murph_HKM said:

I never even thought about including Glaives as well; that would totally be sweet too!

Think back to Dark Sector, haha. Proto-Excal running with a Glaive Prime and its own Proto-Skin. I tried this, it worked alright, not bad. Fashion Frame for sure though.

9 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Excalibur's theme is swords. He throws a bunch of swords around with his Radial Javelin and summons a high damage one that sends out waves of energy with his 4.

His theme does not seem to make sense of a Glaive being used for his 3 and 4, the idea I replied to.

If Excalibur would be a Master of Blades, then as the Op is asking, a different structure to what the Passive boosts could be established.

So weapons like the Kamas, Zorens and Razas, that fall under Dual Swords can work thematically with the Passive.

Next other weapon groups could be considered as Heavy Blades and even weapons like the bladed Glaives. Heck, I'd even like Daggers in there to give my Fang P or Karyst a small boost, and synergies better if I like to have a Tactical look, going with a Dagger.

22 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

If Excalibur would be a Master of Blades, then as the Op is asking, a different structure to what the Passive boosts could be established.

So weapons like the Kamas, Zorens and Razas, that fall under Dual Swords can work thematically with the Passive.

Next other weapon groups could be considered as Heavy Blades and even weapons like the bladed Glaives. Heck, I'd even like Daggers in there to give my Fang P or Karyst a small boost, and synergies better if I like to have a Tactical look, going with a Dagger.

22 hours ago, ViolettaFoxx said:

Think back to Dark Sector, haha. Proto-Excal running with a Glaive Prime and its own Proto-Skin. I tried this, it worked alright, not bad. Fashion Frame for sure though.

Yeah, I mean, the frustrating thing for me is that as a "sword" themed Warframe, you'd expect him to be the #1 Warframe (or at least considered in the top tier) when using melee combat. But currently there are numerous Frames that outperform him in Melee combat quite a bit (Rhino, Atlas, Inaros, Frost, to just name a few) in both the PvE and PvP portion of the game because by using Heavy Blades, they really completely offset Excalibur's passive.

As Violetta pointed out, you can certainly still use Excalibur with your favorite melee weapon even if it's unaffected by his passive, but it definitely hamstrings you when you get to the mid-high tier PvE portion of the game, and hamstrings you immediately in regards to Conclave.

Again, his passive isn't a gargantuan increase, but if it gets applied to Heavy Blades (and Glaives/Daggers as well) then it certainly gives Excalibur the ability to play a melee oriented style on par with the heavier, beefier frames.