Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star event vendor

Eltyranto

On 11/29/2017 at 1:56 PM, Helch0rn said:

the thing is that new players would get confused and keep asking where to farm the points.

I'm pretty over this line. Some guy said it one time, and then people started to latch onto it.

How about keeping the vendor open, and having a message at the vendor that also says... "Sorry, the event is closed! But players with remaining points may spend them here."

Derp. Can we stop latching onto that bullsh** response now?

Reeling it back, I want to note... I've seen player inconveniences ruin other such games, like Path of Exile, because the tiny elitist playerbase saw them as "hardcore elements to the game" (which made other players stop playing). They clung to these blindly, confusing "hardcore" with "bad design". Let's not take Warframe down this road, shall we?

What honest GOOD comes out of shutting players off from spending their points once the event is over? "Discipline," perhaps? Are we training a military or are we playing a video game?

23 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Ignoring any (apparently) inflammatory comments, the fact is the event was limited time, and while I empathize with your friend because, as we all know, life happens, DE stated the Operational Supply would leave with the Operation's ending. Players who were unfortunately unable to spend any remaining standing are not necessarily DE's problem. Also, I personally feel it would have been better if she posted about it herself rather than having someone else do it, though that's obviously just me.

I mean no hostility.

Where did DE state this? Because I was not aware of it, myself. Are players EXPECTED to view dev streams, for example???

I also ended up losing out on about 9k event points. Might not be much, but it is to me. I coulda really used those Formas. But I was holding onto the points, and was in the process of moving to California. I figured I'll see where Fulm prices ranged when I got back, and either buy some more of those, or just dump into Formas. I figured, well I haven't heard anything one way or another about whether the vendor would stick around, so I legitimately assumed DE would do the logical thing. Keeping the vendor there 1) does nothing negative at all whatsoever, and 2) makes players like me, or otherwise, happy. So how is that NOT the logical move? Can you really, with a straight face, call me wrong for assuming the way I have?

Hindsight is a hell of a drug. So is self-righteousness. There's a lot of drugs going around in these posts.

4 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Where did DE state this? Because I was not aware of it, myself. Are players EXPECTED to view dev streams, for example???

I also ended up losing out on about 9k event points. Might not be much, but it is to me. I coulda really used those Formas. But I was holding onto the points, and was in the process of moving to California. I figured I'll see where Fulm prices ranged when I got back, and either buy some more of those, or just dump into Formas. I figured, well I haven't heard anything one way or another about whether the vendor would stick around, so I legitimately assumed DE would do the logical thing. Keeping the vendor there 1) does nothing negative at all whatsoever, and 2) makes players like me, or otherwise, happy. So how is that NOT the logical move? Can you really, with a straight face, call me wrong for assuming the way I have?

Hindsight is a hell of a drug. So is self-righteousness. There's a lot of drugs going around in these posts.

Devs dont expect you to see the Devstream ... just that you know how to read .

"Will my earned Standing in the Operational Supply Syndicate carry forward?"

No, your Standing will not carry forward so be sure to spend it all while you can! 

8 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Excessive attitude.

It doesn't matter that op's friend did not pay attention, not knowing what would happen; doesn't change the fact that DE could have left the vendor there for a week or two, considering, standings from the plague are no longer farmable. It's not like it would hurt anyone.

I disagree, but also agree at the same time..... But remember, It's still a game, this is how things work man, they gave the fair warning..... Multiple times too. I pity your friend, but this is what happens, and you have to accept that. Games are made to be played, if you go away, you lose out, good games don't play favoritism, good devs don't play favoritism for situations like that, they have to appease to millions of players still...

Edited by (PS4)Poloboyzz93

I spent almost all my points but I did a few runs just before the event ended and didn't turn it in. Keeping it around for a few days or a week won't hurt anyone, and the chatbot is easily configured to answer the typical question on "where do I earn Operational Supply Points?" Though really, hardly anyone talks to nakak on most days.

I agree keeping it around for a while would be beneficial to all involved especially if those points are going away once it's gone.

Edited by TonyWong

The thing is, even if they did this, there would still be an end date, it would just have moved. The exact same thing that happened to your friend could just as easily happen just before the vendor disappeared. In fact it may be even more likely, as once the event ended some people that intended on using them a bit later could forget without the reminder of the event actually going on. 

On 11/30/2017 at 9:15 AM, Eltyranto said:

Real pillars of the community we have here.

Except the points that were raised are perfectly valid.

Why did your friend not immediately use the standing she had accumulated before she had to leave?

There is no reason not to assume that once an event ends that the systems introduced with it are going to disappear.

Let it be a lesson for future events and for life in general; if you are unsure about something, don't ****ing delay it under misguided assumptions that you've created in your head for whatever silly reason.

36 minutes ago, Kiryuin-Satsuki said:

Except the points that were raised are perfectly valid.

Why did your friend not immediately use the standing she had accumulated before she had to leave?

There is no reason not to assume that once an event ends that the systems introduced with it are going to disappear.

Let it be a lesson for future events and for life in general; if you are unsure about something, don't ****ing delay it under misguided assumptions that you've created in your head for whatever silly reason.

I've seen other games keep the vendor suppliers for a time after holiday or other events, so I don't see what the fuss about is. I find it curious that people are being so aggressive about preventing a cash in option. It's also pretty rude to try and pry into someone's business life and demand questions of them. 

2 hours ago, Sentinel-Wraith said:

I've seen other games keep the vendor suppliers for a time after holiday or other events, so I don't see what the fuss about is. I find it curious that people are being so aggressive about preventing a cash in option. It's also pretty rude to try and pry into someone's business life and demand questions of them. 

I didn't ask what the specific circumstances were, maybe try actually reading comments before responding with erroneous accusations of rudeness.

What I said was before she had to go about her business, why did she not use the standing she had? Unless she was literally pulled by the collar by her boss into a waiting car as soon as she finished her last run, there was no reason why she couldn't have strolled over to the event vendor (a process that takes a matter of seconds) and used the standing she had given that she knew she had to go on a business trip and would not be returning prior to the conclusion of the event.

'I've seen other games do X' sounds an awful lot like 'But mommy, my friend Timmy has X toy, I should have that toy too.'

Because another game does something is zero basis for assuming that Warframe is going to do something in the same vein. Would it be ideal if the vendor's event rewards remained accessible after the event? Sure, nothing against it. Did it happen? No it didn't. The event ended with a countdown timer being visible at all times and the only reasonable assumption that any logical person should make is that when the event ends, everything that wasn't obtained as a reward is going to vanish.

Do everything and acquire everything before the event ends. It is not a difficult concept to understand.

The number of people these days that are literally complaining about problems they create themselves is mind boggling.

Edited by Kiryuin-Satsuki

On 11/29/2017 at 5:30 PM, Eltyranto said:

I bought a set of the infested Zaw parts and then dumped all my remaining points into forma, In hindsight i should have bought a whole bunch of Zaw parts and some more of the arcane blueprints ;)

As the Xbox version ramps up I must ask why more Zaw parts, trading value and/or reason to have more than 1 of each for yourself?

Edited by (XB1)CKazz

4 hours ago, (PS4)BabylonCandleUK said:

The thing is, even if they did this, there would still be an end date, it would just have moved. The exact same thing that happened to your friend could just as easily happen just before the vendor disappeared. In fact it may be even more likely, as once the event ended some people that intended on using them a bit later could forget without the reminder of the event actually going on. 

Why would they ever have to remove the store?  They could just have the store up right until the next time they run the event.  It would have no negative impact on the game at all.  If players put the time in to play during an event they should be able to get the rewards, preventing them from getting the rewards that they actually earned is just bad design.

Edited by Urabask

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CKazz said:

.. I must ask why more Zaw parts, trading value and/or reason to have more than 1 of each for yourself?

Zaws are modular.  You can build many combinations of weapons with them but you cannot take them apart afterwards.
So either you know 100% you are going to like what you build and buy the exact amounts of parts you need  or you buy extra parts to keep your options open for future multiple weapons of different classes. We don't know what the future brings, so imagine if someday you want to build a new weapon with newly released part combinations, only to find out you didn't buy spare parts from an old event.

3 minutes ago, Urabask said:

Why would they ever have to remove the store?  They could just have the store up right until the next time they run the event.  It would have no negative impact on the game at all.  If players put the time in to play during an event they should be able to get the rewards, preventing them from getting the rewards that they actually earned is just bad design.

All you're doing is moving the housekeeping to the start of the next event.

• DE designed the event so that no rep is to be carried over, that's reasonable to prevent front loading and mitigate the damage of potential exploits, it's good design.
  • So at some point the rep has to be zeroed, do you leave it to happen as some future date, making a note for the person who runs the script activating the next event to remove the standing of the previous event? No you do all the cleanup at once, less chance of mistakes, less dangling tasks, that is good design.
  • Do you leave items on a vendor visible to new players who can't ever get that rep, no you remove inaccessible content, that is good design.
  • Finally you warn the players about in the post about the event so everyone who is paying attention knows.

Good design all round, inconvenient for some people, but that doesn't make it bad design.

12 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

All you're doing is moving the housekeeping to the start of the next event.

• DE designed the event so that no rep is to be carried over, that's reasonable to prevent front loading and mitigate the damage of potential exploits, it's good design.
  • So at some point the rep has to be zeroed, do you leave it to happen as some future date, making a note for the person who runs the script activating the next event to remove the standing of the previous event? No you do all the cleanup at once, less chance of mistakes, less dangling tasks, that is good design.
  • Do you leave items on a vendor visible to new players who can't ever get that rep, no you remove inaccessible content, that is good design.
  • Finally you warn the players about in the post about the event so everyone who is paying attention knows.

Good design all round, inconvenient for some people, but that doesn't make it bad design.

So just zero the rep at the beginning of the next event.  You're acting as if this is some sort of arduous task for them to under take which is ridiculous and you know it.

The idea that the vendor would confuse players is dumb as in how stupid do you really think people are dumb.  This game is littered with things with have little to no explanation that you have to go through the wiki or guides to get any sort of information about.  There are so many basic parts of this game left unexplained that having a vendor with a notice at the top in red text saying something along the lines of, "Players can no longer earn reputation for this vendor, reputation for this vendor will be reset when Operation Plague Star is run again.", wouldn't even be in contention for the worst things they've done.  Not letting players redeem rep they earned is by far a bigger design flaw.

Edited by Urabask

1 minute ago, Urabask said:

The idea that the vendor would confuse players is dumb as in how stupid do you really think people are dumb. 

Really ? all this thread it because "people" cant do the extraordinary task of remember to spend his stand before the event ends ... and you have doubts about how "dump" people can be ?

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CKazz said:

Thanks MystMan, I haven't played with Zaws yet, maybe 3 each is a good number to shoot for...

Are these tradable across players at all?

No, exactly why we all bought multiple parts.

You can't trade their blueprints or crafted parts. Zaws you buy are yours and yours alone.

Understand what people are saying about it being "too bad" in the case of this event because they did announce the deadline.There's no fixing that.

That doesn't change the fact that his idea, for future events, would be good to have the vendor remain for a certain amount of additional time purely to redeem earned points. It doesn't hurt anyone, and doesn't allow an unfair advantage since you can no longer earn new points. And as someone else mentioned, they could make those vendors not visible to anyone without points to spend.

39 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Really ? all this thread it because "people" cant do the extraordinary task of remember to spend his stand before the event ends ... and you have doubts about how "dump" people can be ?

This just screams no-lifer elitism.  The game doesn't have to cater to people that can play the game all day for event vendors of all things.  Life happens and there's no reason to punish people for it if they've already put in the time playing during the event.