Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A bit too much "speed" Volt?

(PSN)Dark-TailedFox

I'm not sure what to title this thing, but I feel I need to ask, is there some influx of Volts with wide range just throwing out Speed every 10s lately than there used to be? Because for missions that really don't require "gotta go sanic fast", it's getting to be extremely tiresome, extremely fast to backflip every single time that audio cue plays 40 times per round let alone per wave.

Would it be wrong to ask for that idea of "Volt throws down a charge that allies walk through to get the speed buff" to come back? Finding 1-3 Volts all using speed in something as unnecessary as an interception or a defense or something that isn't taking place in a large area is feeling back to when Mirag-ulors were a thing that was rampant for no particular reason (don't say it was "Efficient" when it was practically along the lines of scripting a path and pressing R2/clicking every 1.5s the entire mission with obnoxiously bright colors.)

Unfortunately, we don't really have a choice when it comes to Speed. For some reason DE decided that everyone wants speed , so they made it an aoe. 

You don't need to use speed only for traveling, some of us use it for a melee build, but even with Narrow minded, the buff range still is pretty wide.

25 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Unfortunately, we don't really have a choice when it comes to Speed. For some reason DE decided that everyone wants speed , so they made it an aoe. 

You don't need to use speed only for traveling, some of us use it for a melee build, but even with Narrow minded, the buff range still is pretty wide.

What's the range with a maxed out narrow minded? And wouldn't that be a bit too big if range reduction isn't making that much of a noticeable dent in the aoe?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

What's the range with a maxed out narrow minded? And wouldn't that be a bit too big if range reduction isn't making that much of a noticeable dent in the aoe?

I don;t have a maxed out one, I don't really like to lose that much range, but with a rank 13 one, it's 13 meters, with  a base 25 meters. 

That's why I usually only use my speed build at 40% range bringing it down to 10m even though i always get people asking for the speed buff.

Only bad thing about a speed volt is the people who can't handle moving quickly and you end up waiting on the people who didn't take the buff still being at the start of the level by the time the mission is done.

*Has a Capitance Volt as one of his two mains.  Joins a PUB.  Gets raged at immediately and watches people quit because of annoying Speed Volts.  :(*

Okay, it doesn't happen all that often.  But, kinda annoying to get yelled at before people even give me a chance.  I'm here to lock stuff down and give a ton of shields everywhere, not speed the whole team up to escape velocity.

As a person who tends to use Volt as one of his main frames, I can understand that people can get very Jarred by the Speed buff. I know a lot of people don't see why Volt rebuffs often, and many tend to forget it also buffs reload and melee easily increasing dps. That being said I try not to go over 200% Strength for that reason. Though with this new update I expect to see many volts out.

26 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Does no one remember that volt used to have exactly what you're asking for? For a short time, speed used to drop a small curly fry thing that people could walk into to get the speed buff. 

I know, that's what I would favor having in place of the current "buff EVERYONE against their will" effect he has now if they really "need" to keep recasting every 10s after the fact.

I really don't understand the hate on Speed Volt, it never get's old to just run at obscene speeds every now and then regardless of what mission you're in. I mean, a normal Speed Volt build naturally gets you negative range anyway. Besides, as an occasional Speed Volt myself, I sometimes like to be selfish and just buff myself (use it while fairly away from others) and literally just run in circles. One of the only exceptions to this is if I see like an Excalibur activate his ultimate or a Valkyr use Warcry etc.

Perhaps I just happen to be very self aware as a considerate player but eh I dunno.

I have always considered the Speed Volts kind of funny.

It is his own fault he has to wait for the rest of my three man Clan squad for five minutes in the extraction area because we ran into ALL THE WALLS and lost the buff. And I got to rollercoaster scream while running into ALL THE WALLS.

Why, we might even take some extra time to search every nook and cranny of the level for all the vaults, curias or artifacts. Only to help the Volt of course. He missed so much while breaking the wall of light.

5 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

WEAK

Hey, I just want to actually play the game. If you "strong" guy want to kiss every wall in the room until you finally get to door, you be my guest. I won't stay to see it because I'll have aborted, but you do you pal :thumbup:

Edited by Emulad0or

1 hour ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

I know, that's what I would favor having in place of the current "buff EVERYONE against their will" effect he has now if they really "need" to keep recasting every 10s after the fact.

Wait, can't you just roll to get rid of the buff?