The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.....lets talk about the unum for a bit

(PSN)zeratul____12

I remember hearing that there was supposed to be a cinematic quest tied to the tower in Cetus and we did get one but it was a Warframe acquisition quest which don't really count as a "cinematic" quest. So Im guessing DE pushed this idea back until it is up to their high standard.

So lets discuss the Unum in the meantime, my first thoughts is that this structure is literally alive and from what we hear is completely sentient, and responsible for the protection and prosperity of Cetus but why is it doing this?. Whoever the Unum is it clearly not malevolent and seems to have no interest in anything outside its domain, which makes its motivations that much more unclear and even more of a mystery that I cannot wait to crack.

One question I do want answered is why Gara had such a strong connection to the tower.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

I remember hearing that there was supposed to be a cinematic quest tied to the tower in Cetus

Where was this stated again? I can't recall they ever said this (they did say gara will be related to the plains, though)

Also, atm we have no info on the unum other than a name and what it's doing right now

Its possible that the Unum is a neural sentry of the Temple Tower that Cetus is built around, possibly focused around cultivating, harvesting, and storing Kuva for the Orokin Elite in the past. It is seemingly a benevolent entity, but outside of Quill, who acts as an agent of its will, we don't really have too much input personally on the subject. Quill could be an example of this tower's Corrupted for all we know currently.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Its possible that the Unum is a neural sentry of the Temple Tower that Cetus is built around, possibly focused around cultivating, harvesting, and storing Kuva for the Orokin Elite in the past. It is seemingly a benevolent entity, but outside of Quill, who acts as an agent of its will, we don't really have too much input personally on the subject. Quill could be an example of this tower's Corrupted for all we know currently.

ooh thats interesting idea about the Quills. If they are corrupted it then makes sense as to why they are the eyes and ears of the Tower, because they are connected to the tower however from Onkko we are given the impression that they still retain who they are unlike the other towers we have experienced. 

It was never stated by DE that Unum has anything to do with next cinematic quest. But it's one of the fan theories, and I actually like it.

Sooo, the theory is that Unum is Ballas. Connection to Gara makes sense since he is the creator of warframes.

Edited by Ksaero

9 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

It was never stated by DE that Unum has anything to do with next cinematic quest. But it's one of the fan theories, and I actually like it.

Sooo, the theory is that Unum is Ballas. Connection to Gara makes sense since he is the creator of warframes.

Unum is described as being female though, but maybe that's a construct.

Anyway, for anyone who don't know, you do learn a few things or two about the Unum through the "Legend of Gara" story of the Thousand Year Fish relics.

1 hour ago, TrinityPrime said:

Man in the Wall Meat Tower. Afterall, if you can transference into a forest, you can transference into a wall meat tower.

I really wanna sit in on the Meeting with the Orokin Architects who designed that Tower and how they were like "Gold and White is a good Start, but we need to be more Unique for the Emperors, and one of them just like like...."Lets make the Tower out of living meat slabs." and they all just say "Brilliant". 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

I really wanna sit in on the Meeting with the Orokin Architects who designed that Tower and how they were like "Gold and White is a good Start, but we need to be more Unique for the Emperors, and one of them just like like...."Lets make the Tower out of living meat slabs." and they all just say "Brilliant". 

But isn't every tower made of flesh?

what if... Ballas is the Unum?

I'll admit I don't have much real evidence to back up this wild theory, other than that the Unum is a Female, and Ballas' official artwork showed that he is "trapped" in the body of a woman, possibly from his last Continuity. the only other correlation is that Ballas is Orokin so it would make sense for him to be inside an Orokin Tower. perhaps he has an agreement with the people of Cetus, who don't know or understand his "true" form and only see him as the Unum. the agreement in question being that he protects the town of Cetus in exchange for the absolute devotion of the Ostrons. if Ballas is attempting to rebuild the Orokin Empire with himself as the Emperor, which I believe he is because Orokin are some power-hungry mofos, he would need people to act as a workforce to help with infrastructure. in times past the Grineer were bred as slaves to the Orokin. now the Ostrons, essentially a civilization that's medieval in terms of technology, would be the perfect candidate for a humble workforce who don't ask too many questions and are somewhat expendable.

it's pretty out there I'll admit, but with The Sacrifice we'll most likely confront (and perhaps kill) Ballas, and i think the Unum's Tower would be the perfect setting for such a massive plot point. plus that thing is way too big to NOT use for something IMO.