Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A rant towards TGA.

(PSN)LeBlingKing

Warframe was nominated for a category called "Best Ongoing Game."

The prerequisites of this category are games that contain "outstanding development of ongoing content that evolves the player experience over time."

That description fits the current state of Warframe in a nutshell.

Overwatch, relative to the development time of Warframe, is young. Warframe just recently made a breakthrough with the introduction of its open world expansion pack, Plains of Eidolon, which was a change so incredible that reviewers said it could rival that of DESTINY 2.

All while Warframe is FREE-TO-PLAY, and available to ALL CURRENT-GEN PLATFORMS. 

Overwatch has only added a few maps, skins, and characters. While I won't deny that the amount of development being constantly put into the game is good, it's NOTHING compared to the breakthrough and hype associated with PoE. 

Call me salty, but I believe that the votes were rigged. In all honesty. The minute I joined the stream, the Twitch chat was packed full of enthusiastic Tenno. You couldn't see more than 10 comments without a Warframe-oriented meme. And I was so happy to see this. Because it comes to show just how much positive reception DE was able to get from their recent expansion.

And when Overwatch was announced the winner, my heart and jaw dropped to the ground. The chat turned to hysterics. There was literally a topic made 10 seconds after the announcement.

I know it doesn't matter that much anymore and there is nothing to be done, but I wanted to let you guys know just how upset I am at this entire situation. I was so excited for Warframe to win that I considered the winter syandana solely as a celebration bonus. 

Thirty minutes of my time and hype chewed up, spit out, and stepped on by a game with more cosmetics than gameplay content.

A damn shame.

</endrant>

Edited by (PS4)LeBlingKing69

It is almost like Warframe is small compared to Overwatch. Don't get me wrong, I think that Overwatch shouldn't have won, but if it battling of communities, Overwatch has a much larger player base and therefor has an upper hand.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It is almost like Warframe is small compared to Overwatch. Don't get me wrong, I think that Overwatch shouldn't have won, but if it battling of communities, Overwatch has a much larger player base and therefor has an upper hand.

That's more or less what everyone else is saying.

When it comes to fanbases and voting for this kind of crap, quantity over quality.

Sure, Warframe is smaller, but it's been running for longer, has a better fanbase, and sent players flooding in with the Plains. If anything, Warframe is the best demonstration of what the term "ongoing" represents. But solely through numbers, Overwatch won. And I'm upset all the same.

12 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Warframe actually won the popular vote with 41% versus Overwatch's 16%... but apparently the Jury vote counts for 90% versus popular vote's 10%...

LOL wow so it's basically rigged... Is what I'm reading, the Jury Decides what games get awards...

what people don't seem to realize is that even though Warframe didn't win, this is still a huge deal in terms of publicity. there are still many people who haven't heard of the game that we love so much, and after seeing it at the VGA, they may become interested in joining our community. there will be people who left Warframe in the past that see it up in the nominations and think "they must have made some crazy changes to be nominated for this, maybe I should go back and see what all the fuss is about!". there will be people asking "so what's this "Warframe" game all about"? to people who play it.

yes, it would've been nice to throw that accolade around, but Warframe has reached the ears of the AAA-following Masses and offered them an alternative, which given the way many anticipated releases turn out these days, might start looking rather appealing. Warframe has jumped into a major spotlight and has proven it can contend with the heavyweights, and this should drive in a ton of new players, which is only a good thing for DE.

I'll be honest though, I genuinely believed GTA was gonna win via Rockstar bribing the officials, but Overwatch got it instead. Overwatch isn't a bad game IMO, just a little too PvP centred for my tastes. it's one of those easy to learn/difficult to master games that people of all ages can get to grips with. it's audience is wide, it's developer is huge, and it has a lot of money behind it. Warframe was the Underdog of the award ceremony, and I don't think banking on us to win outright was a wise decision. but it goes to show what a little-known bunch of Canadian Devs can accomplish over time!

besides, there's always next year.

I was proud to see Warframe just stand shoulder to shoulder with the AAA so-called 'games'. And in a fair world, Warframe should have won [yes I didnt get the result I wanted and clearly my views are the only ones that count and clearly everything else and everyone is else is clearly wrong because they dont agree with me and so clearly the world is unfair. Clearly.]... ahem...

But really? Is this true? 90% Jury vote weightage? Why have a public vote? And isn't this a coinkydink... the winner of the popular vote didnt win in the end due to a system of arbitrary vote assignment that gave the award to a contender that didnt win the popular vote? Where have we heard this one before? Hmmmm. Its ringing a bell I just cant place my Tenno finger on it just yet. Maybe it'll come to me. 

Salted sarcasm aside. I was proud to see my game stand toe to toe with the quote big endquote names. I was happy to vote for Warframe and support DE. And I hope DE are celebrating tonight, today and on all other days. Stand tall DE and bask away in a brand new spotlight. Here's to new Tenno joining the ranks everyday. 

Meanwhile I'm sitting here like:

"Huh? TGA? What's that, did I miss something?"

But in all seriousness, it`s just some fancy award for you to print out and put it in a frame on your wall. It doesn`t make the game any better.

Take a look at Witcher 3, that game is praised to be "the best game ever", with tons of awards, and yet I`m bored to death after the first 2 hours.

6 hours ago, OGodKing said:

Yes, Warframe has been around longer than OW; WoW has been around longer than Warframe and is still ongoing but didn't win the award either. Overwatch > Warframe... its simple  

If WoW was in there and Warframe lost to it, that would actually be understandable?