Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

7000 Oxium and 20 Nitains for Vauban Prime?

mosaickle

I don't find the oxium too bad.  I just keep an eye out for Corpus Defense void relic missions, and prioritize those over other relic choices.  On ones where people aren't pansies and do a full AABC cycle, it isn't unusual to walk away with 300 Oxium.  Though admittedly, Nerkos is one of my two main frames ;)

The main thing is do that sort of thing even when you don't need oxium, so that you just build it up nicely over time, rather than being smacked in the face with a need for 7k when you've got 0.

2 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Don't take on a 10 person burden alone then be upset you lack resources for other things, this is made as multi-player game.

Shadow Clan is a 30 person burden.  And too late, I already researched all of the archwings.  All told it was some 30,000 oxium I donated to the dojo I believe. I am okay on resources.   There are a few things that I am low on but nothing pressing that I can't run a few missions with Nekros won't solve.  It was during a time when I was the only active player in my clan.  I came close to submitting a ticket to DE to transfer the warlord title to me so I could rebuild an active player base as a few weeks had passed after PoE dropped.  I figured if they didn't at least want to check it out, they weren't ever coming back.  Some have come back in the last month including the warlord and we have been rebuilding an active player base again.

The problem I have now is the disparity in MR/gear between me and the rest of my clan.  I have a version of all the frames, most are primes and all but a few have reactors, Exilus Adapters and 2-3 forma on them.  Same for a lot of weapons in which I have several really good Rivens.  I can solo nearly all content where most of my clan has to bring their best and squad up to finish most sorties.  They don't want to be carried, and I don't want to have to redo missions over and over.  So I wait for a few of them to rank up, get some good gear and have some options for Sorties, Tier 5 bounties, Teralyst fights, raids, etc.  In the meanwhile, I collect Focus to unlock more and more operator powers.

10 hours ago, NSDBL said:

20 Nitains and 7000 Oxiums is ridiculous.

Flat out ridiculous.

That's about it. I'm just here to express my frustration on how ridiculously ridiculous this ridiculous farming requirements are.

Utterly ridiculous.

The. BEST. WEAPONS.  For his loadout are:

1. SYBEAR (Melee)

2. Hema (Primary)

3. Lato Prime (Secondary)

Send screenshots only after you have all 3 equipped on Vauby Prime.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/12/2017 at 1:16 PM, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

Try getting all the research done for all the archwings in a 1 man Shadow Clan.  That's a ridiculous amount of Oxium...

And a testament to how much like Archwing.

You are not suposed to build a GHOST clan alone...but it still is doable, I did it myself basically, but building a shadow clan alone is pure dumbness, if you are alone why do you want a shadow clan and not a ghost...

On 16/12/2017 at 7:57 PM, Carnage2K4 said:

Don't take on a 10 person burden alone then be upset you lack resources for other things, this is made as multi-player game.

This. It's definitely not hard to join a clan or invite people in.

Anyway, i started building Vauban 2 weeks ago, almost there, missing just 3 nitain. It takes some patience but let me state that nitain/oxium is the less ridiculous thing to point out. Farm resources for Gara, then you'll see.

On 16.12.2017 at 5:21 PM, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Reason they did this to booben prime is because normal booben is only attainable through alerts. They can't have a prime that's easier to get than its normal counterpart, so they made him a steep grind. But still, just playing normaly will get you there. Sorties and syndicate missions often spawns a lot of oxium ospreys, so get a nekros and go slaugthering those flying buggers.

just wanted to note that this is incorrect. there are several primes that are easier to obtain than their regular ones. ash and saryn would be those before their vaulting. 

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

just wanted to note that this is incorrect. there are several primes that are easier to obtain than their regular ones. ash and saryn would be those before their vaulting. 

While i agree on ash and saryn primes being easier to get, my point still stands. I can't really recall when they said it (most likely any prime time or devstream near vauban's prime release), they did punch up his build cost just because of this.

Saryn prime dropped before kella's rework, so it wasn't always the case, and even though now with kella reworked it is easier to just farm saryn's prime, you can still farm her vanilla from kella, just not as easy as other frames. Ash is also farmable if you do LoR or high level survival. Vauban is literally locked behind rng alerts and you can alonly wait.

I swear I get 3-4 Nitain alert notifications on the Android app each day.  Perhaps more, I've never really counted.

I know that it's impossible to always hop on when they show up, but it feels like they're somewhat frequent.

Edited by JS22

On 12/16/2017 at 5:32 AM, Brorelia said:

Back in my day you were lucky if you got 10 Oxium in a farm. And if 300 Oxium went on alert you dropped anything you were doing to get it.

In all seriousness though get Ivara and once you have ivara then go to Galatea on Neptune with 3 other Ivara and farm the heck out of the Oxium using the pickpocket on prowl.

Nitan has no way of being farmed so just do it when it goes on alert.

Now the Hema... that is something that was over the top even for people who had been playing for a few years.

wait...what? O.o

Prior to Starchart 3.0, you could get 6-8k Oxium in roughly an hour on Baal.

So unless "Back in my day" means a few months ago, your perception of time is a bit off old fella :P 

When i first started i thought it was plain rediculous as well. Now i have excess of about 100 Nitain and about 20,000 Oxium. Just try and do nitain in alerts and Oxium Alerts when you see the, and play mission with corpus faction. Soon you will have so many resources you wont know what to do with it. 

Same thing with orikin cells, catalysts and forma. i use to think they were so rare now i have so many its just another resource.

37 minutes ago, Endriago-Hunter said:

wait...what? O.o

So unless "Back in my day" means a few months ago, your perception of time is a bit off old fella :P 

I'm going to guess he's referring to a time before you started playing.

4 hours ago, Endriago-Hunter said:

wait...what? O.o

Back in my day is something like 3 years ago.

You got all of about 2 oxium per drop.

Edited by Brorelia

21 hours ago, Nation_X said:

Crying about grinding in a grinding game, hilarious

Alright then, if you finding a game that too hard even godlike vet can't beat it, don't cry :D

Just you used to it doesn't mean it's good. If the grind is too hard what so surprise if someone gonna whine?

Edited by R3b3ll10n90s