Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fast Internet Is Required To Play This Game

Marinez

I've came back to Warframe a couple of months ago ( i used to play in 2014) after i heard of the PoE release and i really enjoyed it, but i came to remember why i stopped playing in the first place. Having bad internet really sucks (we all know that) so i basically need to wait for another person with fast internet to host w/e it is i want to do, sometimes it takes 5 mins and other times it takes days of waiting, i mean when will Warframe have private servers in which we join no matter who the host is. This is really getting a serious problem for a lot of people i know as well, because where i live, we haven't been privileged with fast internet like others around the world. 

Just now, Marinez said:

I've came back to Warframe a couple of months ago ( i used to play in 2014) after i heard of the PoE release and i really enjoyed it, but i came to remember why i stopped playing in the first place. Having bad internet really sucks (we all know that) so i basically need to wait for another person with fast internet to host w/e it is i want to do, sometimes it takes 5 mins and other times it takes days of waiting, i mean when will Warframe have private servers in which we join no matter who the host is. This is really getting a serious problem for a lot of people i know as well, because where i live, we haven't been privileged with fast internet like others around the world. 

I have 20 down and 3 up. I don't know of that's good or bad compared to the rest of you guys. For me it's quite good. 

I can play the game easily with this. Although, if you have 0.1 down and 0.01 up, you may have trouble.... :P

I have 4 Mbps down and less than 1 up. As long as I don't host I have no issues in game (The issues I do face stem from the other players having a poor experience). I find that Warframe doesn't use much more, if any, bandwidth than any other multiplayer game.

If your internet is faster than this but you're still facing issues, you may have packet loss instead. PL can cause huge lag and choppy experiences even if you have low ping.

Edited by SneakyBeakyIvarr

Another detail you might want to know about peer connections like Warframe uses.

You can have the fastest internet service, but if it matches you with a host, who their pings are located far away from yours, you still gonna hurt, badly.

Now if the Matchmaking system was improved to match you with those whos ping are close to yours 220 percent of the time, that would be great, reality is another.

I've played with 16kb/s down and 25kb/s up with 750ms latency, only time I had trouble was during/after wave 15 of public defense missions because the connection would desynch due to so many enemies all in one area plus the loot scattered about.

Though I would not recommend playing on such a connection, it is relatively playable. I wouldn't say fast internet is required.

I'd also like to note that on said connection I avoided hosting whenever possible, though friends said it wasn't as bad as I suspected.

Edited by Aoden

The real problem with slower connections is when they find themselves hosting. Some of my friends have connections that are ok to host 1 or 2 people, but the moment that last squad member joins the packet rate drops severely. I'd love it if the matchmaking system was smart enough to remember if a particular IP/Machine combination struggles to host users.

I've played Warframe for about a year and a half with terribly throttled rural internet (Hughesnet, was ~the same as what Aoden here had), and it was very well playable. Only recently got a semi-decent internet provider this past July.

I'd suggest sticking with queuing up a squad with 1-2 friends that you know are nearby (DO NOT INVITE THEM YOURSELF, when you invite you're host) or simply playing solo. That's what I was able to do back then.

56 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Another detail you might want to know about peer connections like Warframe uses.

You can have the fastest internet service, but if it matches you with a host, who their pings are located far away from yours, you still gonna hurt, badly.

Now if the Matchmaking system was improved to match you with those whos ping are close to yours 220 percent of the time, that would be great, reality is another.

this is the same reason why i stoped playing any fighting game like MKX or Injustice 2 peer to peer connection should not be a thing anymore imo

see my connection is 60 down 6 up but if i get matched with someone who has like 10 down 1 up could be even worse for all i know you see the issue

would be great if warframe found hosts closer to you first then people far away,but yet again its pending on time zones so someone close to you might not be on doing that mission so it would give you someone 1/2 way across the world

Im in europe and my game run better most times when playing with american hosts sitting at 150-200 ping. Noticed few times when Im in europe region and have a europe host even at 30 ping the enemy skip walking so hard to aim at them, while at 150-200 ping it run smooth.

It's not much about good or bad internet, it's about who is the host.

If I'm hosting, damn, the game runs smooth as hell, even operator switch feels perfect.

If someone else is hosting and the ping goes above 100... oh boy, the game gets clunky. Pressing 5 has a 1s delay, doors sometimes won't open, delay when you use skills, delay when you kill enemies, damn, even delay when an enemy spawns or shoots you! It's awful.

Which is why me and many other players go usually invite-only missions, instead of going public. I just can't stand having delays, it drives me nuts in warframe.