Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bladestorm, a storm of blades but blades not of storm since there are no storm but blades, where is the storm wtf DE pls fix (Bladestorm marking feedbacks)

SpyGhostOtissss

marking enemies is hideous, I'd rather shoot them lol

how long you hold 4th ability determines the # of marks, when pressing 4 again 20m around ash gets bladestormed.

not around the enemy so that ash can spam in one spot, around ash so ash has to go up in enemy's face

Edited by SpyGhostOtissss

2 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

you now blade storm is affected by combo counter and steel charge right ? its already OP

It’s dmg was never a problem. And even if it does such OP dmg it doesn’t make it OP because of the stupid way you have to do that dmg 

before I had to sit and watch an animation for 2-5min. Now I have to sit and mark enemies, then see the same animation....that’s now 4-10min 

you could say “it’s not meant to mark a lot of enemies, just a small bunch” and I agree with that, there’s nothing wrong about it, but imo it’s not worth of a 4th ability 

BS is far from OP, imo it’s the most underwhelming 4th in the game atm 

Actually, it would be pretty cool if it is like Kuchiki Byakuya's senbonzakura release where there's lots of sword flying around in a sphere and Ash teles around slashing the enemies while taking the swords but I guess Ash is more of the assassin's creed style so he's pretty cool now too.

The "storm" is probably just a metaphor of him appearing all over the place and killing the enemies like lightning which can appear and disappear in an instant in a storm.

Well, at least that's how I interpret it😁

Anyway, DE doesn't want Ash to be press 4 and do nothing. So, hold 4 and do nothing isn't exactly gonna help in the interactivity.

What DE wants is not for players to just press 1 button and then the "spell" is cast.

They want it to be either press the button then press other stuff to attack like the exalted abilities or press 1 button but require pressing the other buttons to build up damage.

Unfortunately for Ash, his other 3 skills doesn't really let him go with the latter kind of gameplay like Saryn.

So, he got the Mesa treatment where we have to aim to use it instead of just pressing the button and watching the video.

7 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

It’s dmg was never a problem. And even if it does such OP dmg it doesn’t make it OP because of the stupid way you have to do that dmg 

before I had to sit and watch an animation for 2-5min. Now I have to sit and mark enemies, then see the same animation....that’s now 4-10min 

you could say “it’s not meant to mark a lot of enemies, just a small bunch” and I agree with that, there’s nothing wrong about it, but imo it’s not worth of a 4th ability 

BS is far from OP, imo it’s the most underwhelming 4th in the game atm 

That's an over exaggeration, most underwhelming ult goes to Saryn.

56 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

at least you get your energy's worth with it, and it has nice synergies afaik. with BS, it takes too much from you for little reward 

I wouldn't say you get your energy's worth for it those synergies, kinda make it really energy hungry unfortunately. It's also too much for too little actually. I would agree it's not the worst though. There's still Volt, Mag, and now Gara's 4th.
Atlas, Chroma, Zephyr, and Wukong all only have slightly better 4th abilities. Saryn's is a forced synergy that doesn't have much use on it's own.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Tell that to the people who've been getting stuck on eximus units 10m into void survivals.

Hey, if you choose to use it when there’s like 3 healers around then that’s not the ability’s fault. That’ll happen when you just press4towin without thinking 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb GinKenshin:

Hey, if you choose to use it when there’s like 3 healers around then that’s not the ability’s fault. That’ll happen when you just press4towin without thinking 

Hard spoiler: finisher damage ignores any kind of damage reduction...or like, anything that isn't health. They've been getting stuck on eximus cause theyr health pool was too large, propper combo not yet a thing and range (aka overextendet) a requirement.

The damage was a bigger problem then you'd believe and that it's finisher didn't do jack for ash. Only after body count, where damage indeed wasn't a problem anymore was it changed. Cause mf balance.

For it to regain the aoe would mean loosing the damage and maybe even regaining all the issues it had.

Just saying that the damage wasn't an issue makes it too simple ya know. That it's damage is viable now is pretty important.

On 18/12/2017 at 4:10 PM, bad4youLT said:

you now blade storm is affected by combo counter and steel charge right ? its already OP

It was affected by both before the nerf, and even then was far from being the most powerful mass murder ability. It isn't overpowered, it's the opposite actually.

On 19/12/2017 at 1:32 AM, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

The "storm" is probably just a metaphor of him appearing all over the place and killing the enemies like lightning which can appear and disappear in an instant in a storm.

Except he doesn't appear all over the place like lighting. He just teleports dude by dude in a horde game. IF the clones assisted in attacking (without this multimarking nonsense) then it would be viable.

What DE wants is not for players to just press 1 button and then the "spell" is cast.

Ember, Frost, Excalibur (well,t echnically it's 4>>E ad infinitum) etc etc etc.

They want it to be either press the button then press other stuff to attack like the exalted abilities or press 1 button but require pressing the other buttons to build up damage.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact an exalted ability would fix everything if done properly.

So, he got the Mesa treatment where we have to aim to use it instead of just pressing the button and watching the video.

Except Mesa can cancel Peacemaker at any point, and she actually wipes hordes of enemies.

18 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Tell that to the people who've been getting stuck on eximus units 10m into void survivals.

It wasn't supposed to be used on Eximus units. The point was to assassinate those with Teleport then BS to clean up the grunts.

12 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Hard spoiler: finisher damage ignores any kind of damage reduction...or like, anything that isn't health. They've been getting stuck on eximus cause theyr health pool was too large, propper combo not yet a thing and range (aka overextendet) a requirement.

False. Eximus were resistant to Blade Storm by design, their health was never an issue. You would know if you actually looked at the numbers. A Bombard would take thousands of damage from a combo powered BS but a Bombard eximi would receive scratch damage at best.

For it to regain the aoe would mean loosing the damage and maybe even regaining all the issues it had.

Well, pre-nerf BS was superior in design and power to current BS. So why not. If giving it a real rework or replacing it with something worth using aren't feasible, at least return it to the grunt clearing sweeper it was.

Just saying that the damage wasn't an issue makes it too simple ya know. That it's damage is viable now is pretty important.

Damage is worth jack without speed to handle large crowds.

Just for him. Nothing to do with 40% power builds.

Coming from someone who admits never to have actively played bladestorm, left alone the meta, thus obviously is in a position to speak up.. and good thing they changed the damage type, right? Cause bladestorn is obviously, to this day not killing eximus units.

Y u lying naz.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

My pair of pennies:

I have played Ash a bit, and I think Bladestorm's mechanic is more or less fine. Turn it on, play the game, let it mark things, and then trigger it once it seems worthwhile. It is totally underwhelming if you wait till you need it to turn it on.

One change I might suggest is to not have the animation but a camera akin to remote observer so one can get a perspective of the battleground. Of course, that might not work in cramped areas.

Another change would have Ash not perform BS, but only shadows, freeing his movement for a better position.

5 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Just for him. Nothing to do with 40% power builds.

Coming from someone who admits never to have actively played bladestorm, left alone the meta, thus obviously is in a position to speak up.. and good thing they changed the damage type, right? Cause bladestorn is obviously, to this day not killing eximus units.

Y u lying naz.

Dude, I played in 100% power builds, and with 200% ones too. Blade Storm pre-revisit did scratch damage to Eximus units. Now it deals damage to them, but at triple (up to 9x) the cost and taking forever to clean up the grunts. Actually using your weapons is way more effective than current BS ever will.

Remember: I wasn't a blade spammer, so I didn't build for range because I knew how stupid that was.

You are the liar claiming that BS isn't utter garbage.

I did have a spammer phase, but I abandoned it once I learned how to play Ash effectively.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

And for what reason is that in your oppinion?

Because, in retrospective, it was a good design choice. Blade Storm, dealing Finisher damage and scaling of both Power Strength, Steel Charge and Melee Combo Counter, had the potential to obliterate everything. So instead of nerfing it's damage DE put limits on it: Target Cap, Animation Lock and Weaker against "elite" enemies.

This achieved the effect of making BS a powerful yet balanced tool. If you spammed BS or built it for range (still, who is stupid enough to put Overextended?!) you ran the high risk of tagging an Eximus units, so Range was a double edged sword: yes you had easier time marking targets near the cap, but you also were at high risk of being animation locked.

It made Teleport a desirable choice too. Because Teleport's finishers could oneshot elite enemies while BS couldn't, so the intended way was to use weapons or teleport to dispatch elite units then Blade Storm to clean up the grunts.

Now it deals full damage to enemies (except Nox units and Juggernaut, who are elite enemies and thus an "assassin" should be able to bypass their defenses against conventional weaponry) but it takes forever to do so if you mark more than 4 enemeis, and drains more energy than the frame has capacity for if you attempt to mark more than 2-6 enemies. Essentially Teleport and Blade Storm are now sidegrades to each other instead of having different functions. And Ash is without means to deal with crowds, something a damage dealer frame in a Horde game should be able to. That right there is very bad design.

Edited by Nazrethim

58 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

So you actually rather think that they changed entire types of enemys rather then to admit that ashs meta had issues back then? Ay. That.

To be fair, I also think that was lazy design. But still that's better designed than current version. About the meta, the only nerf required here was Power Efficiency being nerfed to behave (and scale) like the other power stats. That would have adressed not only bladespam, but power spam in general (at least until a Trinity reared her lobster tail on a  mission)