Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Understand This Tactic

VampirePirate

Question

POE 4th tier bounty.  The team is supposed to kill the last wave of enemies in the area  I go rushing towards the last guy to put bullets in him.  Suddenly Mesa speeds like a madwoman to beat me to the target, but somersaults through the air only to land right in front of me so I can't shoot the target.  Then she activates her 4 and unloads upon the target that's not even a high leveled enemy to begin with.

I often encounter warframes leaping in front of me and parking there just to prevent me from shooting a target i was already shooting or going to shoot, which is ridiculous already, being that a target can be shot from almost any angle if anyone knew how to aim, but for a Mesa to have to use the 4 (at point blank range) when she doesn't even have to aim to kill with that power is quite puzzling to me.

What is the meaning of this?  All of it.

Thanks for the many points of view.

__Conclusion__

So far what i'm getting is that the person playing the Mesa decided to do this tactic, and that is that.  Maybe there was a reason or maybe not.  Just play the game and shut up.  Also what I'm getting, the person with the Mesa just sucked or just sucked at aiming.  Hey everyone does this so don't worry about it.  There's nothing to contemplate.

And then there is, "hey stop complaining about stealing kills.  it's immature."

And i got some really humorous comments that were great.

There were many good points of view.  None of them were bad.  Some were attempts to be insulting but i don't mind that.

I guess there isn't a true and definite answer.  I don't even know what to mark as solved.  (Ah what the heck.  I'll just grab the first one.)

Regardless.  Thanks for the input folks.

Edited by VampirePirate

21 answers to this question

Mesa's 4 can be incredibly cheap to use, you might as well use it like a regular weapon.

As for the blocking, as you said, the pair of you were heading toward a single point... meeting tends to happen in this case. In other cases, it may just be you both favour a particular vantage point.

Why Mesa specifically may want a particular vantage point is kinda obvious, it allows a better view of the field of play, which essentially means she can shoot more things.

It’s not a tactic it’s just bad luck.

Seriously which is more likely? 

1.) In a game that emphasizes constant movement and fast kills people just happen to step/land in front of you when trying to close for a kill you also happened to be going for. Said people also happen to do way more damage than is needed just for the fun of it.

Or

2.) Several players have kept careful track of where you stand through a mission, then executed a perfect set of maneuvers to end up in just the right spot to block your path to a specific enemy solely so they could get the kill, which at most would give a paltry amount of affinity and at worst would get them shot instead of you?

Edited by Rakawan

You think too much of yourself.

People just kill ai. That's all there's to it. They don't think about you in that moment believe it or not. They're doing what they always did and what they would be doing playing solo for example. Just kill stuff. And if you're in the way 90% of people if not 100 don't even notice. They see ai they kill ai, simple.

Цитата

It means that is 1 of the many lousy Mesa around, which were like Ash players, only know how to spam 4. lol

It also means they are the players whose ego and pride will be hurt if they get less kill than you. lol

You're both so insecure it should physically hurt.

4 hours ago, VampirePirate said:

POE 4th tier bounty.  The team is supposed to kill the last wave of enemies in the area  I go rushing towards the last guy to put bullets in him.  Suddenly Mesa speeds like a madwoman to beat me to the target, but somersaults through the air only to land right in front of me so I can't shoot the target.  Then she activates her 4 and unloads upon the target that's not even a high leveled enemy to begin with.

I often encounter warframes leaping in front of me and parking there just to prevent me from shooting a target i was already shooting or going to shoot, which is ridiculous already, being that a target can be shot from almost any angle if anyone knew how to aim, but for a Mesa to have to use the 4 (at point blank range) when she doesn't even have to aim to kill with that power is quite puzzling to me.

What is the meaning of this?  All of it.

Yet again we have someone rushing to the forums to complain about someone else's behavior and the only result is that he makes himself look bad.

1.  A properly built Mesa should have enough efficiency/Duration/energy to activate Peacemaker for every single enemy she encounters.  It's not a waste or lack of skill.  It's the whole point of playing Mesa.

2.  Warframe is a cooperative, non stat based game.  There is no such thing as kill stealing and if there was it wouldn't change the final outcome/rewards of missions.

3, Can't you shoot around or through your teammates?  Did you even try?

4.  Someone else is killing or moving faster than you?  Get good, kid.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Yet again we have someone rushing to the forums to complain about someone else's behavior and the only result is that he makes himself look bad.

1.  A properly built Mesa should have enough efficiency/Duration/energy to activate Peacemaker for every single enemy she encounters.  It's not a waste or lack of skill.  It's the whole point of playing Mesa.

2.  Warframe is a cooperative, non stat based game.  There is no such thing as kill stealing and if there was it wouldn't change the final outcome/rewards of missions.

3, Can't you shoot around or through your teammates?  Did you even try?

4.  Someone else is killing or moving faster than you?  Get good, kid.

"Yet again we have someone rushing to the forums to complain about someone else's behavior and the only result is that he makes himself look bad."

My reaction to this?  :facepalm:  How does this thread make me look bad in any way?  I never made a complaint.  i made an observation, expressed my thoughts about it, some opinion, and asked the community what they thought about it.  I asked to get multiple perspectives and points of view on what could be happening that I may not have considered.  This, from my point of view, is intelligence, because I seek knowledge.  I never whined about anything.  If anything, a person could see humor in it at least, which was also my intention.  Guess you missed it.  Also i didn't rush to the forum about this.  I waited hours, and even thought to not bother, but I thought it would be interesting to post it anyway for said reasons already.  Again, how do I look bad?

1) I know about the ability and what it is capable of.  I never gave any indication that i did not know.  I use Mesa myself.  I'm not ignorant about it.  I never said that she wasted her powers or showed a lack of skill.  I merely mentioned the process of aiming and i used some details so it would be clearly understood what i meant.

2) I know what kind of game Warframe is.  This again is assuming ignorance where i showed none.  I never said she stole a kill, and frankly i don't care about kill stealing because there is no reward for it.  My actual attitude towards the Mesa was "hey, whatever.  So long as the mission is completed, and we get this finished, and i get the rewards, i don't really care who gets the kill.  I never once complained about kills or kills being stolen.

3) "Can't you shoot around or through your teammates?  Did you even try?"  That's exactly my point, but you missed it.  No, you can't shoot through teammates.  That should not even be a question here.

4) "Someone else is killing or moving faster than you?  Get good, kid"  My reaction to this is... :laugh:lol.   Are you serious?   I never complained about anyone moving faster than me.  As you can see in my post, i said i was at the target first.  I was the faster one.  Mesa was just seconds late, which was why she had to land in front of me to keep me from shooting the target.  The target was only 10 meters away and obscured by tall grass, which was why within those seconds i did not get the kill fast enough.  It had nothing to do with movement and everything to do with "aiming" as i have made clear in the post.    You tell me "Get good, kid?"  Do i really seem like a kid to you?  Really?  Okay, whatever.    As for "git gud," well... that same Mesa kept lunging into the fray and getting put down, constantly waiting for me to revive her because she could not take damage from enemies very well. i didn't have that problem.  The Mesa mentioned in this mission was quite problematic and the only one on the team that struggled.  i guess you would not know that, because you were never there to wines what happened.

...so how does all of this make me look bad?

Edited by VampirePirate

4 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

You think too much of yourself.

People just kill ai. That's all there's to it. They don't think about you in that moment believe it or not. They're doing what they always did and what they would be doing playing solo for example. Just kill stuff. And if you're in the way 90% of people if not 100 don't even notice. They see ai they kill ai, simple.

You're both so insecure it should physically hurt.

That's what you got out of all of this, that I'm insecure?

I don't care about kills.  I'm talking about aiming.  How is it that I'm thinking too much of myself?

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

It’s not a tactic it’s just bad luck.

Seriously which is more likely? 

1.) In a game that emphasizes constant movement and fast kills people just happen to step/land in front of you when trying to close for a kill you also happened to be going for. Said people also happen to do way more damage than is needed just for the fun of it.

Or

2.) Several players have kept careful track of where you stand through a mission, then executed a perfect set of maneuvers to end up in just the right spot to block your path to a specific enemy solely so they could get the kill, which at most would give a paltry amount of affinity and at worst would get them shot instead of you?

I encounter both quite often actually.

1) I tend to assume this is the case, though often times they aren't really doing a lot of damage.  I guess they are just showing off.  i don't really know.

2) I also find this to be the case sometimes.  In some missions there is actually some player, (at least one) literally following me around to get any kill quicker than me.  I don't normally think much of it because there is no reward or penalty for this, but sometimes i'm thinking "What is this person thinking or what is he or she trying to accomplish?"  i don't really care.  Just wanted to discuss it and get other points of view.

Thank you for your point of view.

3 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

1) I tend to assume this is the case, though often times they aren't really doing a lot of damage.  I guess they are just showing off.  i don't really know.

It's called 'HAVING FUN'.  There are things to be killed, they're trying to kill them. 

4 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

2) I also find this to be the case sometimes.  In some missions there is actually some player, (at least one) literally following me around to get any kill quicker than me.  I don't normally think much of it because there is no reward or penalty for this, but sometimes i'm thinking "What is this person thinking or what is he or she trying to accomplish?"  i don't really care.  Just wanted to discuss it and get other points of view.

This is not happening. Nobody does this. Strangers don't care about you.  You're in THEIR way. 

You know what doesn't happen?  People don't go 'Oh man, I'm about to hit my murder button, but I'd better not kill that thing in case this other rando reads something weird into it'

Цитата

I don't care about kills.  I'm talking about aiming.  How is it that I'm thinking too much of myself?

You don't.

All you say "how can someone not care that I'm here doing my thing and instead doing what they want" that's the main thing you're talking about.

Also WF isn't a game where you even 'aim' or where aim has any kind of impact on your gameplay. You can have the worst aim in the world and still use all the weapons even sniper rifles and still kill. I haven't seen a game where aiming was both as bad and as easy at the same time as WF in years that's why many people prefer using (any) kind of powers instead. So if you want to show off your sick aiming skillstm in front of your team you chose the wrong game to begin with.

And since it's mesa, it doesn't matter what weapons you're have on you as long as you mod them so they can be absolutely NOT suited to kill in terms of firerate or anything like that. People often run any secondary that has several formas in it and weapon like opticor to only take down ships in PoE if they also run a dps frame. It doesn't matter and it's absolutely useless topic to discuss "why this guy chose to use powers over guns". Idk wtf you even want to talk about here. It's as stupid as aking why you chose to use guns over powers or why someone chose to use melee over both like asking why someone chose oranges over pineapples.

6 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

It's called 'HAVING FUN'.  There are things to be killed, they're trying to kill them. 

This is not happening. Nobody does this. Strangers don't care about you.  You're in THEIR way. 

You know what doesn't happen?  People don't go 'Oh man, I'm about to hit my murder button, but I'd better not kill that thing in case this other rando reads something weird into it'

For both 1 and 2, i think you are right.  I tend to assume the same thing.

For 2, if i see someone going for a target, i let them have it and seek targets that need my attention.  That's when i am in a cooperative mood.  When not, i just shoot whatever and pay no mind to other teammates.

What compelled me to make this thread was how puzzling the Mesa was.  It was not like "What the heck man!  You took my kill!"

It was more like "what? huh?  What are you thinking?  Okay you got the kill first.  *shrug*  whatever."

Also... saying "Strangers don't care about you.  You're in THEIR way" can be seen from both sides.   Maybe they were in MY way, which is why i was ahead of them in the first place, causing them to run ahead of me.  It can be seen both ways, but people getting a kill before i do was not the point of the thread.  I don't care about kills.  I was just puzzled by what he/she did with Mesa.

Thanks for your point of view.   

Edited by VampirePirate

4 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You don't.

All you say "how can someone not care that I'm here doing my thing and instead doing what they want" that's the main thing you're talking about.

Also WF isn't a game where you even 'aim' or where aim has any kind of impact on your gameplay. You can have the worst aim in the world and still use all the weapons even sniper rifles and still kill. I haven't seen a game where aiming was both as bad and as easy at the same time as WF in years that's why many people prefer using (any) kind of powers instead. So if you want to show off your sick aiming skillstm in front of your team you chose the wrong game to begin with.

And since it's mesa, it doesn't matter what weapons you're have on you as long as you mod them so they can be absolutely NOT suited to kill in terms of firerate or anything like that. People often run any secondary that has several formas in it and weapon like opticor to only take down ships in PoE if they also run a dps frame. It doesn't matter and it's absolutely useless topic to discuss "why this guy chose to use powers over guns". Idk wtf you even want to talk about here. It's as stupid as aking why you chose to use guns over powers or why someone chose to use melee over both like asking why someone chose oranges over pineapples.

Yeah.  Okay.  You totally missed what i was saying, but...

Thanks for your input.

None of this you stated was my thought process at all.  And you are right when you said "Idk wtf you even want to talk about here. It's as stupid as aking why you chose to use guns over powers or why someone chose to use melee over both like asking why someone chose oranges over pineapples."

You really don't know what i want to talk about here.  The rest of the quote doesn't apply to me or anything i ever said here.

Thanks anyway.

You're the on who has no idea what he's talking about.

You literally just observed someone playing a dps frame and come here complaining and saying "help me understand this" when there's nothing to understand, it's just someone playing a demn Mesa. And you just took several issue starting from the fact they "don't aim" - like someone should care about it, "wasting energy" - even though this is what you do with mesa, this is not warframe that pressed 4 and stays in it for long, you pop 4 kill several mobs and then leave the 4, then start again when needed and "get in your way when you already was killing x" - while they simply didn't care about you being there and with high probability didn't even see. While they literally just played the game and didn't think about any of it doing what is natural.

27 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You're the on who has no idea what he's talking about.

You literally just observed someone playing a dps frame and come here complaining and saying "help me understand this" when there's nothing to understand, it's just someone playing a demn Mesa. And you just took several issue starting from the fact they "don't aim" - like someone should care about it, "wasting energy" - even though this is what you do with mesa, this is not warframe that pressed 4 and stays in it for long, you pop 4 kill several mobs and then leave the 4, then start again when needed and "get in your way when you already was killing x" - while they simply didn't care about you being there and with high probability didn't even see. While they literally just played the game and didn't think about any of it doing what is natural.

Hmmmm...

Interesting.

None of what you said has anything to do with what i mentioned.  You are really reaching for something here.

Strangely it seems you are taking this too seriously and too personal.  Lighten up.  Have a sense of humor.

If i were actually a stupid person, i would think you were the one behind the Mesa, but you weren't.

I know how to use Mesa.  How she is used was not the point.  My point was that this particular player puzzled me, and that's really all there is to it.

Thanks for your point of view.

Edited by VampirePirate