Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best tank in the game?

(XBOX)TantalicSage69

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (Xbox One)TantalicSage69:

I love playing warframe and all the frame but I’m curious to know which is the best tank in game can someone help please?

For me it´s definetly an Ice Chroma, with Rage and Quick Thinking.

Especially with 20 pieces of arcane grace, but thats a bit expensive.

For the beginning I would highly reccomend Frost!

Notice: My opinion may differ from others.

There's a number of 'frames that can survive a lot of damage. I'd say ones such as Inaros, Nidus, Rhino, Oberon, Valkyr, Chroma, are decent examples in their own way:

Spoiler

-Inaros is a bullet sponge with his first, second and fourth having healing properties. Pulling stealth finishers on enemies will restore massive chunks of his hp, so try to stack as much hp (and Rage) on him as possible.
-Nidus can accumulate Mutation Stacks (every 15 stacks = revive), combined with his rather easy-to-use abilities, make him a weapon.
-Rhino has Iron Skin. 
-Oberon can be modded to gain energy from taking damage, and by extension, heal himself via one of his abilities. 
-Valkyr's Hysteria, if she's modded with rage and a lot of hp, would be easily recastable. 
-Chroma however needs a period of rampup time due to his 2nd and 3rd needing to take damage to be effective.

1 minute ago, BringMeYourAzz said:

...For the beginning I would highly reccomend Frost!

I'd rather suggest Rhino. Iron Skin adds another layer of durability, and combined with his ability set can make him rather capable.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Reply to BMYA

Volt's Shield.

...I'm only partially joking with that.

Technically you can't beat undying which is Wukong and if you're rich, Hysteria but if you're talking about the tank role then kinda nothing. Nyx and Nidus prolly come closest to a tank role since they can actually redirect aggro but it's a far cry from a typical tank role.

If you're talking about mitigation then it's a toss up between Nidus, Trinity, Rhino and Nekros. They each have perks of their own and none is exactly better than the other but all of them are immune to status effects which is a huge part of taking abuse at higher levels. Not everything involved with tanking is eHP and the most durable frames are immune to status effects while also getting majority of their toughness from sources other than armor which is horrible in Warframe. 

Chroma is a great learning experience of this as despite easily reaching 100k eHP he will get suckered hard by Puncture damage since he uses armor and a single bleed will bring him down from a lack of status immunity in addition to using armor. He's more of a brawler than a tank.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Volt's Shield.

...I'm only partially joking with that.

Technically you can't beat undying which is Wukong and if you're rich, Hysteria but if you're talking about the tank role then kinda nothing. Nyx and Nidus prolly come closest to a tank role since they can actually redirect aggro but it's a far cry from a typical tank role.

If you're talking about mitigation then it's a toss up between Nidus, Trinity, Rhino and Nekros. They each have perks of their own and none is exactly better than the other but all of them are immune to status effects which is a huge part of taking abuse at higher levels. Not everything involved with tanking is eHP and the most durable frames are immune to status effects while also getting majority of their toughness from sources other than armor which is horrible in Warframe. 

Chroma is a great learning experience of this as despite easily reaching 100k eHP he will get suckered hard by Puncture damage since he uses armor and a single bleed will bring him down from a lack of status immunity in addition to using armor. He's more of a brawler than a tank.

Thanks 

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)TantalicSage69 said:

I love playing warframe and all the frame but I’m curious to know which is the best tank in game can someone help please?

Not many will suggest him but who you search for is Wukong.

His only good skill turns him immortal for an undefined amount of time. You just need high duration, efficiency, energy and both rage mods to survive everything.

On 12/22/2017 at 3:32 PM, Fallen_Echo said:

Not many will suggest him but who you search for is Wukong.

His only good skill turns him immortal for an undefined amount of time. You just need high duration, efficiency, energy and both rage mods to survive everything.

His 3 (Cloudwalker) can also be pretty useful at times.

Found Defy takes a bit of getting used to as it constantly drains energy but only activates when your health hits zero (it does absolutely nothing but drain energy otherwise) - so  you need to activate/deactivate at the right times (even with Rage), or you're just wasting energy. Mistime it and you could end up with low health and not enough energy to reactivate when you need it, or you could just end up dead. The lack of any cc immunity doesn't help.

After playing frames where you can pretty much regain health on demand (eg Valkyr, Inaros, Oberon), it feels counter-intuitive playing a frame whose only innate method of recovering health is to hit zero health.

Edited by 0verkill

3 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

*catto

I think you meant pussy, but I'll let it slide. I prefer kubrows for their significantly higher base damage, but I've yet to fully build a kavat to properly compare how effective they are at actually dealing damage compared to their canine brethren

1 minute ago, PrivateRiem said:

I think you meant pussy, but I'll let it slide. I prefer kubrows for their significantly higher base damage, but I've yet to fully build a kavat to properly compare how effective they are at actually dealing damage compared to their canine brethren

Doggos do more single-target damage, but kavattos have Swipe and Sharpened Claws. In terms of Hunter Recovery, kavattos do less damage, but they do it to as many as 5 targets at once, so the healing is generally higher unless there aren't many enemies around. And those 5 targets get all of their armor completely stripped in a single attack.

2 hours ago, 0verkill said:

Found Defy takes a bit of getting used to as it constantly drains energy but only activates when your health hits zero (it does absolutely nothing but drain energy otherwise) - so  you need to activate/deactivate at the right times (even with Rage), or you're just wasting energy. Mistime it and you could end up with low health and not enough energy to reactivate when you need it, or you could just end up dead. The lack of any cc immunity doesn't help.

With both rage mods you can get 85% damage to energy conversation, that combined with zenurik and a bit of area awaressness and wukong steamrolls areas. Best to combine it with a weapon what generates energy.