Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personal Quarters: Further Use?

Tellakey

Don't get me wrong, I love the new personal quarters and it's decorative capabilities. That aside... what's the point of it again? Sure, lore-wise the operator needs a place to chill and rest (or do they?) and I'm glad to have an immersion space. Currently, though, there really is no use for the room aside from perhaps the jukebox and the Apostasy mini-quest. 

I hope DE plans to expand on this feature, hopefully with immersive add-ons like sitting on the couch or using a bed to receive buffs.

What do you want to see added to the personal quarters?

Edited by Tellakey

Don't expect performing an action to receive buffs.

There's little point to a PQ apart from being a place where you can display trophies and fashion figurines with little trouble compared to any other part of the orbiter. That's probably a good reason as to why we can't use the menu to jump straight there; it's not meant to have any real functional purpose.

A bed for sure. Only game I can really relate this to is GTA online, where you also have living quarters.

Largely they only have 1 or 2 reasons for existing, but there's still couches to sit on, beds to sleep in and showers to shower in.

Why? Because that's what makes it a living quarter.

34 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

with immersive add-ons like sitting on the couch or using a bed to receive buffs.

They're teenagers, they don't sleep. And you can already sit on the couch.

Jokes aside though, at this point what I'd personally be looking forward to the most when it comes to the quarters is more trophies and decorations to display around the room. Noggles, ayatans, displays and plants are nice and all, but when it comes to actually personalizing that space, little trophies here and there like the kuria or glass fish decoration or larger displays unlocked with an artwork from a certain quests or operations on them can add a really nice personal touch and help reflect the player's actual progress through the game rather than how much spare plat they may have had laying around.

One particular decoration I'd really like to see is a full-scale articula, so we can actually put "warframe displays" around the ship in the areas we want. I know I for one will find a place to fit all my favorite frames around the ship (with the top 5 right in the quarters) if that's ever added... Oh, and of course weapon displays.

As for something more functional, a sort of online players screen (that can be set to Friends or Clan and placed in some corner of the quarters) can be really handy, since having to go to the menu every time to check if someone's online or not is a real pain.

Edited by aerelm

meh. its a cool addition that adds a little lore and a more homey feel to the orbiter. Just look at the room across the hall. only reason I ever go into the Helminth room is to get rif of those ugly boils when I get a new warframe.

Ill probably spend a bunch of time in there when im trading or just talking to people in chat

2 hours ago, TheUnknownM said:

I see no point with this room other than showing off to your friends on your obiter.

I thought it was going to be a room were you upgrade primes to umbras.

You can actually wake up from the fantasy your living and decorate your room now.

• 3 months later...

For some reason I have a lot of restrictions on what I can put in my personal quarters.  Wall posters?  No.  Plants?  No.  A bed for my kavat?  No.  Those things can be put around the orbiter, but not in the personal quarters.  Anyone else having this problem?

Just now, ShintoNephilim said:

For some reason I have a lot of restrictions on what I can put in my personal quarters.  Wall posters?  No.  Plants?  No.  A bed for my kavat?  No.  Those things can be put around the orbiter, but not in the personal quarters.  Anyone else having this problem?

Submit a bug report then or ask in Players Helping Players, Nekro'ing a thread discussing the further uses of the Personal Quarters is not the way to go.

32 minutes ago, ShintoNephilim said:

"To accommodate all the new decorations coming in Update 23, capacity has been split into 4 different areas (Transference Room, Helminth Infirmary, Personal Quarters, and everything in between) with a capacity of 1200 EACH to hold all your ship’s flair. "

You put to much stuff in your Private Querters so you've exceeded the 1200 capacity limit most likely. Those posable action figures of warframes and eidolons takes up a lot of your capacity space, so if you have a lot of those, that's probably your issue.

You guys don't know?

The orbiter is in the void...

The Operator can travel through the void...

The space where we kneel in the personal quarters will prob be a way for Operators to travel instantaneously without warframe use...

Possibly a new game mode introduced. So many things are being introduced to strengthen the operators lately...

I do NOT think its used for cosmetics only.

A long time ago when the Orbiter was first expanded people for some ash backwards reason speculated that behind one of the doors is the Lotus. I think with the Apostasy DE is taking that ludicrous idea and turning it into a feasible, believable mechanic to pay homage to those loons. I think once that questline is resolved we'll be able to visit space mom - or what's left of her - by kneeling on the pad and projecting ourselves into her throne room. If we're lucky there'll even be some kind of gameplay mechanic tied to that.

It's suspicious to say the least that the three lower Orbiter rooms are populated by the three elements that allow a Tenno warrior to be what they are. The mind(Tenno), the hand(Helminth) and the guide(Lotus).

8 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

I wish I could switch back to old interface with warframe sitting on the top of the starchart. I am not digging all this pointless location called liset/orbiter.

Let's get back to essentials and play Warframe as a command-line MUD. /s

Edited by Vaz2017