Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Boi Seer

-Appa-

Just now, Sajochi said:

Why stop at twin seer? Let's do twin seer wraith. Let's make the explosive effect on impact more than cosmetic. Give it a base crit chance of 15% and double the ips and you're solid. 

Someone is on the right track, can I recommend you to the balance team? 

Just now, GordoFreeman said:

Seer is a mix of orokin and grineer technology, the grineer part is holding the weapon back, lore wise the gun is bad, gameplay wise the gun is bad, accept it :P

LORE? BUT VALKYR GOT PRIME'D?! oh wait that was already figured out... You got me this time Gordo, but I shall return, asking for more seer buffs >:C

Seer is better than a simple starter item. You can reach a very good high damage output if you mod it well but it needs at least more status and more crit chance more than 0%

Also the mk1 braton can get some minor buffs and the braton also could be buffed to the burston level which means the status and crit could remain the same but damage wise the 3 normal type could each does 10 damage then the braton is buffed and still weaker than the prime or vandal versions but at least a better starter. Lato also got it's buffs despite starter because it was very weak and it should not be that weak. 

Seer pretty much needs only extra crit chance then it will be more viable on higher levels.

Same goes to the other older weapons which not really pair with the newest items and it's not mean everything should be the same but everything which older than 2 year should at least given some update to perform better to the newest standards. Frames eventually given this because those are frames with great abilities but weapons also need it time by time.

I personally want a new bow which all arounder and some new assault rifles like braton - burston. And of course a tenno whip but it is a different story. Seer deserves a look.

8 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Sadly they won't take me. Seeing as I'm a Mag player and that's a no no.

Mag players still exist? Shh Hide, I can sense the nerf bat lurking around on these forums

8 minutes ago, GordoFreeman said:

I mean, you have my support if you want a hind wraith or a twin gremlins prime :D

YES Hind god, I loved that weapon when I first used it to bad its MR fodder, still haven't used the twin grems tho

2 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It is meant to be bad. It is like asking for MK-1 Braton to get a 30% crit chance buff. Weapons need to have tiers, and seer is a starter planet pistol.

I always loathed tiering systems in games. If everything is good then there will be lots of variety among the community. If we have bad ones then you see what happens. Only the top ones see any use. (and right now we have more bad ones than good ones...)

Edited by Tsunero

2 hours ago, Tsunero said:

I always loathed tiering systems in games. If everything is good then there will be lots of variety among the community. If we have bad ones then you see what happens. Only the top ones see any use. (and right now we have more bad ones than good ones...)

Except that the seer can be gotten really early on, if it was top tier then that would ruin the level balancing at that point and make other weapons are water of effort. 

12 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Except that the seer can be gotten really early on, if it was top tier then that would ruin the level balancing at that point and make other weapons are water of effort. 

In DMG 1.0 it was a pretty decent gun actually despite being able to get it early so can't say I agree. It just got left behind by 2.0 but might get a bit better with 2.5 but I expect many things will get f*cked up with that in a bad way.

It just needs a prime version with a higher base damage, and maybe a larger magazine.  It's essentially a sniper revolver, and to be effective against higher level mobs, needs that higher base damage.  It doesn't need a higher crit chance.  It's not a crit weapon, and not every weapon should be that.

Anyway, one of my favorite secondary weapons.  Love the feel of it, and it isn't nearly as ineffective as people like to spout.  Though admittedly, mine does have five formas ;)  That said, I mostly use a Kohmek these days, as that with a riven is just nuts, capable of both high single target damage (up close) and clearing crowds (innate punchthrough, shotgun).