Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Endgame?

itsmudfish

This has been a question that has been as asked many times by the community trying to find what the actual endgame is. As of current, most of the endgame starts once you clear the star chart. It usually consists of finding a frame or frames you like, upgrading them, and farming for certain mods such as the Corrupted Mods from Orokin vaults to craft a powerful build. Same process goes for you weapons. Once you accomplish this, most of the endgame is literally just sorties. Sorties are the only missions that seems to yield beneficial rewards. There are relics to get prime parts, but farming for new weapons and warframes is almost useless if you already have great frames and weapons.

The PoE was a great content update and added new stuff to do, more stuff to farm, and new resources to gather. Sadly, I never saw the reason to increase your levels with Cetus. Most of the great new items could be just farmed from the bounties, and there wasn't much point in increasing your standing because it would force you to go fishing and mining, which in my opinion is horribly boring in a game like Warframe.

Endless void missions were removed, so modding your weapons for loads of power isn't really necessary, since you won't be going over level 100 enemies very often. Raids were a good idea, but poorly executed. They did not really yield unique or worthwhile rewards, and were not as fun as other games' raids. If DE revised raids and made them with better, harder mechanics instead of just killing and crowd control, I would think it would be a great change for the endgame, as well as worthwhile and unique rewards that only drop from the raid, such as a new frame or even unique cosmetics.

I also wouldn't consider things such as Syndicates or Mastery Rank as "endgame" content because it was never designed to be, and it would be a very tedious and monotonous process if that was the endgame. Fashion frame is a thing and is slightly a joke about being the endgame, but it feels we are approaching that reality.

Leave your thoughts on this if you may or provide what you see to be the endgame that I am missing.:lotus:

Miss old void all the elite Day one players get mad or upset that the void is gone. It is a boring experience now but I still love the game the old void was a better idea. Each tier had a overpowered ranking where builds should be professional. Now the skill is no longer their on the t3 defense every warframe had a uniquie value queue to their power a ultimate feeling value. Frost snow bubble protects cicopod, mag greedy pull pulls items to everyone for more energy to survive hard ways, captain for would come every 20 rounds and get knocked out. Before mesa was nuf he would shoot all enemies in one counting continuously like a warframe god who could go crazy if you did right. What I am explaining every airframe have a own goal they were unique their own way still is only old pro players who been since the beginning know the the thieves the skill and all the above. Every old player miss the void ask in any chat now and a memory would fade in ask anyone

Edited by (PS4)Assassinfox3k

3 hours ago, Pent_ said:

There is no end game. DE has no idea what they actually want to do with their game. They go on dev streams now to pretend like they have a plan but it's becoming more and more apparent that they don't.

Amen.

All you can do is make your own end-game, because Trials are not structured to be end-game for a majority, Eidolon fights are RNG reliant and a cake walk after you have done ~10, endurance missions offer little incentive to push yourself, and Events are now structured so "everybody wins". There is no point on pushing yourself there either because in the end, only people don't login cannot get a gold trophy.

DE needs to figure out what the goal of the player should be, because Focus and Eidolons are seriously underwhelming if this is the direction it is going.

15 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Amen.

All you can do is make your own end-game, because Trials are not structured to be end-game for a majority, Eidolon fights are RNG reliant and a cake walk after you have done ~10, endurance missions offer little incentive to push yourself, and Events are now structured so "everybody wins". There is no point on pushing yourself there either because in the end, only people don't login cannot get a gold trophy.

DE needs to figure out what the goal of the player should be, because Focus and Eidolons are seriously underwhelming if this is the direction it is going.

Even just some new story would be nice, or adding a raid that has mechanics of something like Destiny or World of Warcraft. The rewards don't have to be crazy good, just somewhat useful. The main part of them would be adding an actual end game challenge for the diehard players. Leaderboards wouldb be nice too if you enjoy long survival or defense runs.

The endgame? Is it fashionframe? Is power, experience, or skill? Is it mastery rank? What could it be? Is it how long you can last in survival? 

Maybe It's some combination: when you can be proud of it all, a sense legitimacy. When you have a perfect loadout for every situation and feel good about it. When you're beautiful, powerful, and prestigiously equipped. And perfectly outfitted in both. When you know the lore and systems in their full depth and can answer all the questions of a newer player with precision. Maybe it's realizing that warframe isn't just some game, it's a lifestyle. Perhaps when you can look at a new piece of items's stats and immediately know what build to place on it. Maybe It's when you spend more time in captura than anything else. I don't claim to know, but those are my thoughts. 

But I don't think It's about having exclusive, prime access gear. That stuff is almost embarrassing to wear in my opinion; despite being cool. But they gotta fund the game, so I'm not complaining.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
Typo

Personally? My end game involves dragging IRL friends into the PC version and helping them get good at the game, with the long term goal of eventually dragging enough of them into the game for me to never have to play with randoms ever again.

On 12/30/2017 at 7:57 PM, (PS4)Assassinfox3k said:

Miss old void all the elite Day one players get mad or upset that the void is gone. It is a boring experience now but I still love the game the old void was a better idea. Each tier had a overpowered ranking where builds should be professional. Now the skill is no longer their on the t3 defense every warframe had a uniquie value queue to their power a ultimate feeling value. Frost snow bubble protects cicopod, mag greedy pull pulls items to everyone for more energy to survive hard ways, captain for would come every 20 rounds and get knocked out. Before mesa was nuf he would shoot all enemies in one counting continuously like a warframe god who could go crazy if you did right. What I am explaining every airframe have a own goal they were unique their own way still is only old pro players who been since the beginning know the the thieves the skill and all the above. Every old player miss the void ask in any chat now and a memory would fade in ask anyone

Sitting in a mission for more than 30min just to get to high-level enemies is boring. No shortcut either. It takes waay to long for this to get hectic.