Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn’t the Liset Prime change the inside of your ship?

(PSN)BLOOD-LINE-01

I'm super disappointed that Liset Prime (loading screen Prime) did not change at least your Liset internal Colours to a Prime Variant with a lot more Metallic colours, with the new inviting ppl to ship option it's now even more sad... Still the worst Prime Accessories to date.

5 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I'm super disappointed that Liset Prime (loading screen Prime) did not change at least your Liset internal Colours to a Prime Variant with a lot more Metallic colours, with the new inviting ppl to ship option it's now even more sad... Still the worst Prime Accessories to date.

Yea I’m super disappointed about it too. Hopefully they make it a feature one day but for now I guess we stick with Pedestal Prime.

1 minute ago, Mk_1 said:

Because the ship you stand in isn't the Liset (or the prime), It's your Orbiter, a much bigger ship.

The front part is supposed to be your liset. The back part down the ramp is the Orbiter. So the front part should be Primed at least. Also considering the fact that Liset Prime actually exists, aurely that means there are Prime Orbiters too?

The landing craft we use is just the cockpit part with the codex / market / news /syndicate consoles. Theoretically, this part should look completely different depending on which landing craft we are using: Liset (Prime), Mantis, Scimitar or Xiphos. But by default for the sake of simplicity, they all use the same Liset design. I don't think they'll ever make cockpits for each landing craft. :sad:

12 minutes ago, Mk_1 said:

Because the ship you stand in isn't the Liset (or the prime), It's your Orbiter, a much bigger ship.

4 minutes ago, MystMan said:

The landing craft we use is just the cockpit part with the codex / market / news /syndicate consoles. Theoretically, this part should look completely different depending on which landing craft we are using: Liset (Prime), Mantis, Scimitar or Xiphos. But by default for the sake of simplicity, they all use the same Liset design. I don't think they'll ever make cockpits for each landing craft. :sad:

That's why when you're in squad and squad mates are in "their orbiter" to you they appear in their Liset... total consistency.
Until they fix that, it's the Liset/mantis (whatever) to me, there is no "orbiter" as it's not on the planet map 'orbiting', it's not viable to anyone, 1 concept images does not make a reality and it's pointless making an argument out of the semantics of it.
I'll go with the Tardis effect over some ship no1 sees that apparently exists because 'art'...

Edited by Carnage2K4

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

The front part is supposed to be your liset. The back part down the ramp is the Orbiter.

No, if it was, it would be different for me because I use the Mantis, not the Liset. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Also considering the fact that Liset Prime actually exists, aurely that means there are Prime Orbiters too?

I guess? 

1 minute ago, Mk_1 said:

No, if it was, it would be different for me because I use the Mantis, not the Liset. 

bk_KCPl_F.gif

The problem is the original Orbiter concepts and designs were likely made before different landers where conceptualized. Kinda ruining this mechanic and why we never see us land. The whole front command room (be it lander ship or independent Orbiter bridge) could use a overhaul.

7 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

1 concept images does not make a reality and it's pointless making an argument out of the semantics of it.

You remember the DevStream where they showed some animation they wanted to add into the game, of the Liset approaching the Orbitor, then docking into the front part of it?

Edit: bk_KCPl_F.gif

Yeah, not just a "concept sketch" mate. It's full blown canon that DE themselves have talked about time and time again. Hell! It's even referred to as such IN GAME!!! "Your Orbitor" this, "Your Orbitor" that. Seriously, to try and push it aside like you are, you gotta be super dense or something.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

7 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

That's why when you're in squad and squad mates are in "their orbiter" to you they appear in their Liset... total consistency.

Take a second to look at how big the Landing Craft is. 

e4681dd0223e222ed7cdbd6d5cf42624.png

Can you point and show me where the Operator room is?

It wouldn’t be different, that’s my point. The Mantis, Scimitar, Liset Prime, they don’t actually do anything aside from affected the loading screens missions beginnings/endings. If you look up art and animations for the Orbiter, you’ll see that the Liset apparantly docks with the front of it after every mission. The bridge is the Liset interior, no matter what ship skin you have and thats what bothers me.

I guess? 

So it’s entirely possible for there to be a Prime interior.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

bk_KCPl_F.gif

The problem is the original Orbiter concepts and designs were likely made before different landers where conceptualized. Kinda ruining this mechanic and why we never see us land. The whole front command room (be it lander ship or independent Orbiter bridge) could use a overhaul.

Yes, thank you for providing that gif. 

11 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Until they fix that, it's the Liset/mantis (whatever) to me, there is no "orbiter" as it's not on the planet map 'orbiting', it's not viable to anyone, 1 concept images does not make a reality and it's pointless making an argument out of the semantics of it.
I'll go with the Tardis effect over some ship no1 sees that apparently exists because 'art'...

From Everyones Point of View .. the other Squad members are meeting at your Orbiter in their Landing Crafts ... but they are in the same point of view.

Just now, Helch0rn said:

possible? yes

likely to happen? no

Why not? People said the same thing about Liset Prime and here we are. It’s interiors that need overhauls. What skin you have should affect how the inside of your ship looks. At the very least it should affect the bridge, since it’s your landing craft.

15 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

You remember the DevStream where they showed some animation they wanted to add into the game, of the Liset approaching the Orbitor, then docking into the front part of it?

Edit: bk_KCPl_F.gif

Yeah, not just a "concept sketch" mate. It's full blown canon that DE themselves have talked about time and time again. Hell! It's even referred to as such IN GAME!!! "Your Orbitor" this, "Your Orbitor" that. Seriously, to try and push it aside like you are, you gotta be super dense or something.

And when was this added to the game, where in game do we see it?
it's still a concept sketch in game buddy...
It's not about being "super dense" thank you for the (unsolicited insult BTW) it's about not assuming that stuff talked about on some long forgotten dev stream means something in game, when we can all clearly see our squad members in their small ship, while they are clearly in their orbiter... you can even visit the ship now and see the Liset become magically larger on the inside...

Edited by Carnage2K4

11 minutes ago, Mk_1 said:

Take a second to look at how big the Landing Craft is. 

e4681dd0223e222ed7cdbd6d5cf42624.png

Can you point and show me where the Operator room is?

19 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

9 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

And when was this added to the game?

Have you actually been downstairs after a mission or listened to Ordis yet?

”Operator I will never betray you, I will keep the Orbiter hidden in the Void.”

Also if you look at the moon globe while on Lua, you can very clearly see a hologram of the Orbiter circling the moon as well as Corpus and Grineer ships.

And you can see it on the Relays.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

2 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

And when was this added to the game?

You can see the Orbiter ship in the skymap of Relays as they orbit. You can see their outlines on some Lua rooms that have a moon display overview. It shows a radar like signature of a grineer ship. Orbiter on the opposite side. and a Satellite (which may have been the Oroken reactor tower that kept Lua in the void.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Have you actually been downstairs after a mission or listened to Ordis yet?

”Operator I will never betray you, I will keep the Orbiter hidden in the Void.”

Ambiguous terms do not make a problem go away...

I love how you're all fine with having a go because I wilfully assume the Tardis effect and that the Liset/Mantis IS the orbiter (which makes Ordis still make sense), but not one of you have bothered to explain away the fact you can join another players Liset and clearly see that it's the 'orbiter' on the inside...

Seem to me everyone here is making concessions, I'm simply not making one that uses dev stream concepts as being already in game, when they add it, fine, but the Squad problem/Tardis effect makes more sense to me in the current time, as it would with many ppl because not everyone watches the 100s of dev sttream hours.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Why not? People said the same thing about Liset Prime and here we are. It’s interiors that need overhauls. What skin you have should affect how the inside of your ship looks. At the very least it should affect the bridge, since it’s your landing craft.

because, depending on the amount of changes, you are looking at way too much work for an item that is available for a whole three months before being retired for god knows how long.

a changed interior geometry would mess with DE if they plan to have more quest cutscenes in the future because it is not the same for everyone