Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good melee status weapon pls?

(XBOX)LeopardAnanas10

Question

13 answers to this question

A Zaw destroys Lesion.

They destroy all weapons of the types you can make except maybe the 1h sword. Haven't run numbers for that. Machetes are better anyways.

There's a status variant for nearly every weapon type.

Easier to pick a style then pick the Status / Hybrid version rather than get spammed with random weapons built for status.

20 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

Warframe0297.jpg
I find this pretty decent, still a WIP (no forma for one) but the range is quite good with the two range boosting mods. (and i STILL dont have CO lol)

How did you get Spring loaded blade and how much range u wll get from it ?

3 minutes ago, 1N33DM0N3Y said:

How did you get Spring loaded blade and how much range u wll get from it ?

i think i got it from cetus bounties and it is 30% range for 24 seconds on a status proc.

edit: wiki says dropped from Plains Commander and/or an incursion reward....iirc i got it during one of my many r5 bounties.

Edited by Kalvorax

55 minutes ago, (Xbox One)LeopardAnanas10 said:

Can I get a good melee status weapon and can I get a build with condition overload?

I think there might be a different approach to this question, because as you're seeing...it's a pretty big list!

First of all...how do you want to use it?  Do you want it just for quick attacks against particularly tough beasties?  Or are you going to use it to slaughter hordes of enemies?

If it's just for quick attacks, then the stance is far less important.  Almost every weapon class has what you're looking for.

If you want to really wade in with your melee, then the stance is THE most important thing.  We have lots of weapon classes that look great on paper and work great for quick attacks, but the stances range from atrocious to 'meh' (poor, poor scythes).  

For me mobility's a big factor, so I'm a fan of staves with Clashing Forest because...well, ROFLCopter Atlas is one of my favorite frames to play. But both Sword and Sheild stances are fun, Brutal Tide for sparring, Atlantis Vulcan will surprise you with nunchaku, and so on.

Reach/how many enemies you hit is also a biggie.  I am a big fan of Blade and Whip weapons for that reason, a great combination of 'hitting a lot of things' (like whips) as well as absolutely murdering whatever's up close (unlike whips).  The stance isn't as mobile, but you can still own a room.

However, if you only need to kill something really big and bad, then Rapiers used to be my go-to, but now you can't go wrong with a decently belt dagger with the new Stinging Thorn stance.  You can add gas to cover a bit of an area if you need to but you're not going to hit a lot of things at once...but what you DO hit will die.  That stance is made of brutality.

Hope that helps!

If you have lots of rep with the dirka dirka faction then build a zaw. Dagger, rapier, polearm they are all good.

Otherwise weeping wounds, blood rush, condition overload, drifting contact, they allow you to build up all sorts of different weapons for crit and status so it's really up to you.