The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players abandoning

(PSN)SouthPAW_NC

DE you need to do something about players abandoning others intentionally in Defense and interception game modes.

People wait to select extract last minute just to leave a lone player to fight 5 waves alone.

If they extract abruptly at the 2 or 1 second mark they should forfeit their pick ups. Either extract or fight.

People think this is funny and this issue needs to be addressed asap.

I'm not saying it was you, I'm not calling you out, I am only making a general statement...
What you just wrote can also be said from an AFK-ers perspective, so abandoning them would be the right thing to do.

Anyway, we do need more options... if anything when the mission starts there can be a vote based system on how many waves/ rounds the players want to go, majority or average vote wins. Votes can be changed at any time within that mission start period. Once it is set, no player can leave (unless aborted (thus forfeiting rewards)) till the amount of rounds is reached. So if it was 20, players could not leave at 5/10/15 unless wave 20 has been reached.

At the same time, during the entire game period a chat based vote system could be put in-place allowing players to kick an AFK player.

...or you know, the players can communicate in-game asking each other how long they want to go.

It has happened to me a couple times, ordinaryaly if I were running Rhino I wouldn't have that much trouble, but this time I was re leveling Ash prime and only managed up to the last wave and lost all my pick ups.

I mean how immature can these people be.

No it wasn't me, they did it on purpose, they went to fight and at last second switched to extract. It's not funny, it's immature and needs to be felt with swiftly and harshly.

Edited by (PS4)RANGER936

2 minutes ago, (PS4)RANGER936 said:

It has happened to me a couple times, ordinaryaly if I were running Rhino I wouldn't have that much trouble, but this time I was re leveling Ash prime and only managed up to the last wave and lost all my pick ups.

I mean how immature can these people be.

That havent happened to me so idk

In all the time I've played the game, and it's been a long time, I've only ever had this happen to me once. Since then, I've become very cautious when I see one person voting to leave while the rest of us stay. Nowadays, I choose to leave at the last second just in case the other people try and pull a fast one on me. I don't do it for the detriment of others who chose to stay, but I can't trust them either.

Regardless, I think this should be addressed as well.

I thought they fixed this???? I used to be that troll who would leave at last minute. But for quite a few months now if the group agrees to continue, the timer disappears and the match already starts. On ps4. If this is not the case I'll go back to dippin last minute hahaha but I thought this was fixed.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)goodboxgonebad said:

But for quite a few months now if the group agrees to continue, the timer disappears and the match already starts.

If everyone agrees to leave, it instantly ends the mission.  I'm not positive on everyone agreeing to stay, but if three people vote to stay, and one stays undecided the timer keeps going.  If those two that voted to stay swap at the last second and the undecided does as well we'd have this situation for sure though.

I've seen this a few times, how about setting the timer to 10 seconds if someone changes there decision, therefore everyone gets a change to rethink there decision?

ok trolls could keep switching back and forth but I think it would solve the issue

Simple rule of thumb:

When in a PUG never assume anyone will continue. You are essentially acing solo in a PUG.

If you can't get an agreement on how many waves people are going for, then leave when you feel you can't go on. Sometimes that means leaving after 5 waves or leaving after 10. But if you feel you can't solo the next round alone, then don't do it.

I agree some people have started the habit of leaving at the last minute, but there always issues with hosts disconnecting and you ending up soloing an endless wave.

This aso just illustrate why these types of farming exploites tend to go bad; people are so realiant on leveling through Hydron they feel they can't use any other method to level up.

While it's no where near as effective as dong Hydron, If you keep running into toxic players then you might want so consider using alternative methods to level. They might take longer, but then again if you keep losing progress because people keep trolling or disconnecting then you aren't really saving any time on Hydron are you?

This is why I feel affinity should be a collectable resource, like Endo, so you can play how you want and take the affinity and apply it how you want to.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

While it's no where near as effective as dong Hydron, If you keep running into toxic players then you might want so consider using alternative methods to level. They might take longer

Hydron being good exp is a misconception.  It's lazy and easy.  Not effective.  Endless fissures are much faster.  As is stealth.

Also I haven't seen people leaving to be an issue since they made it instantaneous.