Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone here actually like the Operator?

Futurehero

22 minutes ago, Sader said:

My operator can break teralyst shields on its own extremely quickly pumping over 4000+ damage a shot. Maybe you should invest into leveling instead of complaining that you can't break a teralyst shield?

If you note I never said anything about the difficulty of the teralyst shield or my level of gear, that wasn't the issue.   I'm really starting to miss people who can actually read posts....

As to levelling, now would that be the amp, quills standing or the focus school where you get the wisp for the 'meta' builds, it would help those of us who exist in the real world more than the online game to know which one you're referring to...

15 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

If you note I never said anything about the difficulty of the teralyst shield or my level of gear, that wasn't the issue.   I'm really starting to miss people who can actually read posts....

As to levelling, now would that be the amp, quills standing or the focus school where you get the wisp for the 'meta' builds, it would help those of us who exist in the real world more than the online game to know which one you're referring to...

Leveling all the relevant items for killing a teralyst.

Warframes, Operators, Amps, Arcanes, Mods.

You're complaining about how hard or bad things are, but if you had the proper gear you could solo the thing yourself with minimal help from the randoms who you claim can't stay alive.

Worst case scenario, I could probably kill 4 Teralysts on my own in a night period just using my volt. Add in some people who can keep the lures from getting killed so I don't have to pay attention to them and I could get 6. With a competent team of people on the same level that jumps to 8 a night.

The fight can be carried by one competent player, maybe instead of complaining you should step up your own game?

Edited by Sader

Just going to keep this simple, OP.

Operators are almost 3 years behind Warframes in terms of development.

Look at what Beta 'frame play/style was like compared to now.

I like the human cosmetics but admit that they need to continue to evolve with anything from glowing eyes and void-flaming hair to age and height-weight sliders.

Give DE a chance to grow them.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:17 PM, Sader said:

Leveling all the relevant items for killing a teralyst.

Warframes, Operators, Amps, Arcanes, Mods.

You're complaining about how hard or bad things are, but if you had the proper gear you could solo the thing yourself with minimal help from the randoms who you claim can't stay alive.

Worst case scenario, I could probably kill 4 Teralysts on my own in a night period just using my volt. Add in some people who can keep the lures from getting killed so I don't have to pay attention to them and I could get 6. With a competent team of people on the same level that jumps to 8 a night.

The fight can be carried by one competent player, maybe instead of complaining you should step up your own game?

ah yes a meta player... so that would be volt shield, unairu wisps, 3xt3 amp parts with the crit arcane iirc and maybe an adarza for good measure... unfortunately unlike some people I actually have this thing called real life to consider and while I have done many of the things you are suggesting my time only stretches so far into doing everything that it requires to be a true 'meta' player.  

7 hours ago, LSG501 said:

ah yes a meta player... so that would be volt shield, unairu wisps, 3xt3 amp parts with the crit arcane iirc and maybe an adarza for good measure... unfortunately unlike some people I actually have this thing called real life to consider and while I have done many of the things you are suggesting my time only stretches so far into doing everything that it requires to be a true 'meta' player.  The sad reality of having a life outside of the game I'm afraid....

You do not need all that to be effective.  An awesome amp can be made by rank 2 in quills.  Yes you struggle a bit to get to rank 2 but it's not bad at all and fun battle.  You can then boost it at rank 3 and that is all you currently need.  Yes arcanes help but definitely not needed.  You also don't need zenurik (or any other "perfect" school), energy pizzas fill the role as well.  

Volt, chroma, Trinity, and harrow are the best frames to play in combination with each other and have useful jobs to play but other frames work as well like oberon, rhino, even mirage damage.  It can be done but if want to find a squad fast, level up one of those frames and go to town.  

Many players already have good amps and will carry you easier now that PoE has been out awhile.  Can get to rank 2 in a couple days depending on MR.  

Edit - farm wisps at night in solo mode with a max range / max effeciency / loot detector + thief wit Nova.  Preferably after 3-hour log in resource booster so collect x2 each (or sortie reward or buy weekend boost).  Teleport around lakes and reset by going into town and back out.  I can get about 100 in one night cycle like this!  Exciting, no, but do it once and done.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

6 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

You do not need all that to be effective.  An awesome amp can be made by rank 2 in quills.  Yes you struggle a bit to get to rank 2 but it's not bad at all and fun battle.  You can then boost it at rank 3 and that is all you currently need.  Yes arcanes help but definitely not needed.  You also don't need zenurik (or any other "perfect" school), energy pizzas fill the role as well.  

Volt, chroma, Trinity, and harrow are the best frames to play in combination with each other and have useful jobs to play but other frames work as well like oberon, rhino, even mirage damage.  It can be done but if want to find a squad fast, level up one of those frames and go to town.  

Many players already have good amps and will carry you easier now that PoE has been out awhile.  Can get to rank 2 in a couple days depending on MR.  

Edit - farm wisps at night in solo mode with a max range / max effeciency / loot detector + thief wit Nova.  Preferably after 3-hour log in resource booster so collect x2 each (or sortie reward or buy weekend boost).  Teleport around lakes and reset by going into town and back out.  I can get about 100 in one night cycle like this!  Exciting, no, but do it once and done.  

Why do people keep assuming that I don't actually have any of the 'higher level' gear just because I have said about a good team versus a bad team.  It doesn't mean that I don't personally have 'good gear'....

I don't need to be carried, although it's always nice to have a chroma (I don't personally like chroma) in the team and last time I checked I had over 400 wisps.... and enough of the rare gems to cover all the arcanes I'm likely to need (I'm down to about 90 of each from 120ish)... I also have enough standing with quills to get everything I want for eidolon hunting and that's after buying most of it already. 

Seriously I do wish people would stop making assumptions...

Edited by LSG501

18 hours ago, Sader said:

My operator can break teralyst shields on its own extremely quickly pumping over 4000+ damage a shot. Maybe you should invest into leveling instead of complaining that you can't break a teralyst shield?

That's great. Happy for you.

They still are not FUN to actually use for combat...

I dont see much point grinding focus, it doesnt really give me anything for my operator that would make huge difference in combat outside of eidolons, it takes too long to grind. The focus nodes need another rework pretty much or at least a huge buff to almost all of them. Then they need to implement the rest of the focus 2.5 or whatever it was changes for actually being able to grind focus.

20 hours ago, LSG501 said:

ah yes a meta player... so that would be volt shield, unairu wisps, 3xt3 amp parts with the crit arcane iirc and maybe an adarza for good measure... unfortunately unlike some people I actually have this thing called real life to consider and while I have done many of the things you are suggesting my time only stretches so far into doing everything that it requires to be a true 'meta' player.  The sad reality of having a life outside of the game I'm afraid....

5 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Seriously I do wish people would stop making assumptions...

I love you how can both whine about making assumptions, while you make a bunch of assumptions most of which are flat out wrong.

I could help you, but I don't want to anymore because you aren't the type of person worth helping. Good luck, keep whining, and maybe they'll make one of the easiest games I've ever played even easier for you.

3 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

That's great. Happy for you.

They still are not FUN to actually use for combat...

Whats the problem with them? They are faster than most warframes, they are tankier than most warframes, they offer plenty of utility, and they can be used alongside any warframe you wish. The only thing they don't beat warframes on is damage, which is the whole point of the warframe. Maybe you're the type of press 4 to win type player and needs things simple. That's pretty much the only reason I could see you wouldn't find them "fun" to use in combat.

1 hour ago, Sader said:

I love you how can both whine about making assumptions, while you make a bunch of assumptions most of which are flat out wrong.

I could help you, but I don't want to anymore because you aren't the type of person worth helping. Good luck, keep whining, and maybe they'll make one of the easiest games I've ever played even easier for you.

lol... clearly I hit a nerve, maybe I was spot on with my response, which was not an assumption when you told us how much damage you are able to do. 

Edited by LSG501

On 1/19/2018 at 8:01 AM, BlackCoMerc said:

I get that. I do.

At the same time...that actually makes those frames less relevant. That's BAD overlap.

Not to mention, Operator combat is a travesty of terrible game design. Input delays, slow movement, clunky weapons and zero risk...it's absolutely subpar to Frames in every way.

Except that it doesn't, it doesn't make those frames less relevant,it makes other frames more viable.

The main reason Loki isn't considered hella broken anymore is because of Operators and slow changes to the game to increase the diversity of what is available.

Suggesting that any overlap whatsoever is unhealthy for the game is a terrible argument because many other games have overlap and still maintain rich diversity.

You're saying overlap is bad, that it makes these frames less viable, but its been counter argued that it is the opposite.  That you're not restricted to Limbo or Rhino for aspy mission because you can utilize operators.

lol... clearly I hit a nerve, maybe I was spot on with my response, which was not an assumption when you told us how much damage you are able to do.

Don't be a troll just because you're unhappy you aren't seeing unanimous agreement.

Edited by Aegni

22 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

If you were truly at the end game point within Warframe then you'd well know that you only need to invest 30 to 45 minutes, maybe an hour tops, into playing the game, per day, to keep up with what the meta asks*. Even that's not necessary once you unlock all of the focus waybounds and get the important skills in the focus tree you use the most.

"I have a life," isn't an adequate response to what's being discussed, here, and the fact that you seem proud of directly insulting someone is hilarious.

*The meta only requires that you have at least a Pencha scaffold, use one of the four frames (or a decent alternative (Oberon instead of Trinity)), and use your support abilities that you have unlocked, on your Operator, as necessary, or know to not interrupt the flow by using a weaker version of something someone else has a stronger version of.

There is little difference in speed between a party of crit-Granmu-meta spammers and people who use the bare minimum required to pick up the pace by grabbing a set of Tier 1 amp parts. By very little I mean you might get one less capture, maybe two if you get unlucky with Vomvalyst spawns.

Edited by Chipputer

4 hours ago, Sader said:

Whats the problem with them? They are faster than most warframes, they are tankier than most warframes, they offer plenty of utility, and they can be used alongside any warframe you wish. The only thing they don't beat warframes on is damage, which is the whole point of the warframe. Maybe you're the type of press 4 to win type player and needs things simple. That's pretty much the only reason I could see you wouldn't find them "fun" to use in combat.

They are slower than every Warframe.

They are less tanky than most Warframes. 

They deal almost no damage.

They suffer frustrating control input delays using controller.

Their animations are stiff and cumbersome.

Their movement is unexciting and plodding.

But worst of all...they are the reason we have received so little WARFRAME centric content for two years.

All of which I have now said one dozen times in this thread alone. And no, I dont care if grinding for 50 dedicated hours improves some of this. The focus grind is both too gear constrained by lenses and too circular for me to CARE at all. More less put in the time. I dont need an Operator for movement or combat - I have WARFRAMES for that.

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

snip

So your response to all the issues in the game basically boils down to 'use a meta squad and meta gear', and just spend your time in game doing things the 'meta' way....... right gotcha......

Oh and oberon isn't a good alternative to trinity, it's actually detrimental to chroma's buffs... I tested that ages ago with others in my clan. 

Edited by LSG501

39 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

But worst of all...they are the reason we have received so little WARFRAME centric content for two years.

All of which I have now said one dozen times in this thread alone. And no, I dont care if grinding for 50 dedicated hours improves some of this. The focus grind is both too gear constrained by lenses and too circular for me to CARE at all. More less put in the time. I dont need an Operator for movement or combat - I have WARFRAMES for that.

Looks like Warframe is moving in a direction that is not suitable for you. You should probably quit and just move along to something else. Isn't that what you tell other players as well? To just quit? So why haven't you?

The operators are not going anywhere, and if you and all the other players who ignore them and say they are pointless realize the game is moving towards MORE operator content, you might as well just get out now. Because you are going to be left behind. 

56 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

So your response to all the issues in the game basically boils down to 'use a meta squad and meta gear'

No, actually, it didn't. It was, "you don't need to even put in as much work as you think you do because all you need is the baseline of equipment and one of four frames, or suitable alternatives."

But you seem to like the taste of your own foot so more power to ya.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

i use oberon to wreck enemies... His one at max power strength is so nice. Sortie three juggernaut cant stand up.

Smite doesn't knock the Juggernaut over, though, so this isn't actually happening.

29 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

No, actually, it didn't. It was, "you don't need to even put in as much work as you think you do because all you need is the baseline of equipment and one of four frames, or suitable alternatives."

If you say so, I'll just use one of those 4 specific meta frames....oh wait that's not using the meta...

Clearly you know everything about what I do in the game and I've clearly experienced things that just don't happen in the game...so my bad, I've just been mistaken this whole time....

Edited by LSG501

2 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

how is 1000 health with 450 armor less tanky than most warframes?

Slower than most warframes? I can beat nearly warframe except maybe a volt or a nova across most maps.

Input delay on the controller? PC Master race what can I say?

They deal almost no damage: YOUR operator deals almost no damage. Mine damages just fine.

Animations are stiff and cumbersome. Nope, but if you don't play them how could I expect you to learn how to move quickly with them.

Movement unexciting and plodding: I can move faster than your warframe, so lets just toss that out the window again.

I do like that four of your complaints are the exact same complaint though to try to pad your "list" of things operators are bad at. 

Edited by Sader

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

But you seem to like the taste of your own foot so more power to ya.

Smite doesn't knock the Juggernaut over, though, so this isn't actually happening.

It is actually happening. Smite scales.

3 hours ago, Sader said:

Input delay on the controller? PC Master race what can I say?

There isn't a input delay on controllers.  I already debunked this one a page or two back.  Short of having massive lag and/ping you will not have any more lag with a controller than you do with a KB.  I'm not really sure where this idea came from really.  :smile:

20 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

There isn't a input delay on controllers.  I already debunked this one a page or two back.  Short of having massive lag and/ping you will not have any more lag with a controller than you do with a KB.  I'm not really sure where this idea came from really.  :smile:

There was 1 at least. It was patched out in .8.4 at the start of the year. Consoles still need it however.