Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr "Warcry" changes to make her more useful in teams

--GZ--Cegorach

When you use Warcry on Valkyr with or without Eternal War Augment mod equipped, you can't recast it to buff/rebuff your teammates, so you are forced to wait until Skill time will expire to rebuff your teammates, so, I think it will be good and will make it more useful, if make it recastable to buff your teammates that lost or did not get the buff when you casted it, without waiting when it will expire, that will be more comfortable and will make Valkyr more useful in teamplay.
Will be good if Warcry buff will refresh the time for all who already have buffs, but will be nice even without.
Thank you in advance.

Edited by --GZ--Cegorach

if it's recastable then that'll defeat the purpose of it's augment 

you could say "well, you don't have to use the energy to recast if you have the augment" and as we all know, valkyr is one of the few frames that don't have energy problems due to rage mod 

so no, it's not even design as a support ability, just to solo buff valkyr. it being aoe and affecting allies is just a bonus 

And that's why she is lost somewhere in nowhere in teamplay, also reread what did I say in previous post pls : "Will be good if Warcry buff will refresh the time for all who already have buffs, but will be nice even without.", so no need to refresh buff, that's why I say "will be good", but whole my comment points, that it need to be rebuffable on teammates, who do not have the buff, cos other way, it will make its Augment mod useless.

recastable????? nah, make it an aura around her so its always going, though if the teammate(s) is not near it then they are on the duration that it was at when they moved out of range.....which would ALSO fix the other issue I have with it.....only being useful as a debuff on cast...which also makes it useless with the augment.

Edited by Kalvorax

It would be nice if Eternal War didn't feel so mandatory for using Warcry as a self buff. 

I was actually using an experimental Valkyr build for a while that involved using low duration (somewhere around 70-80%) and Eternal War so that I could have the self buff for as long as I needed it to fight enemies, but I could then also use Warcry for its massive AoE slow, which gave me a similar effect to having Warcry be recastable, only a lot more cumbersome. 

So as a strong advocate for CC scream Valkyr, I would welcome this change with open arms.

Frankly, Valkyr doesn't need to be 'more useful' to her team. She's a damage frame. Her job and purpose is to kill the things trying to kill you. The bit of CC she has between Warcry's initial activation and Paralysis is just a small bonus in the few circumstances where those are actually needed/useful. But otherwise, she's a pure damage frame, and that's okay. She does her job of killing things perfectly fine. Leave the major CC and/or utility to other frames more suited to that. Besides, if used smartly Valkyr will be near her teammates (or them near her) when she activates Warcry and so long as one is using Eternal War (which let's face it, is basically mandatory) none of her teammates will ever lose the buff as she is constantly refreshing its timer.

3 hours ago, HeiAtzfel said:

Frankly, Valkyr doesn't need to be 'more useful' to her team. She's a damage frame.

I don't agree with that point of view at all.

In fact, I'd say pure "damage Frames" shouldn't exist, no Frame should be that one-dimensional.

It's entirely possible I'm biased but adding / improving Squad support is something I'll always appreciate.

3 hours ago, HeiAtzfel said:

Besides, if used smartly Valkyr will be near her teammates (or them near her) when she activates Warcry and so long as one is using Eternal War (which let's face it, is basically mandatory) none of her teammates will ever lose the buff as she is constantly refreshing its timer.

Warframe is a game of high mobility, getting the full Squad in range of a buff cast is often tricky enough even with good Range,
thing is, a common Mod in Eternal War builds is Narrow Minded, so missing at least one ally is easy and then, alas, permanent.

:(

I just mean, that will be nice, if Valk can buff her team not only when she is buffing herself, sometimes you can fall out of map, that disables buff, or nullifier can disable that buff from your teammate... there are many reasons why your team mate may not be buffed, so I do not see any problem if she can buff teammates, that are not buffed, that's it, also it will not make her bad, yes, she's nice as she is as a solo character, but just a little change can make her more welcomed in teams and better combine with teammates.
Also no, if Character/Frame is DPS oriented, it does not mean, that it can't have any team based skill or buff, especially, when she have it, but can't be used when you want to buff your team... So, this change will make this ability more flexible and useful in teamplay, btw, warframe is a Co-op game in first, so why do not make this skill more Co-op oriented.

P.S. - This problem mostly is annoying when you play with Eternal War oriented builds, so mostly you can't buff anyone anymore...

Edited by --GZ--Cegorach

I sometimes wish Warcry is Toggleable when you have the Eternal War Augment so the whole team can get buffed. Trinity can spam blessing as many times as she want and gives the team damage resistance while healing them immediately. So why not make Valkyr's Attack speed and armor buff toggleable too?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 2:17 AM, Shaw1996 said:

I sometimes wish Warcry is Toggleable when you have the Eternal War Augment so the whole team can get buffed. Trinity can spam blessing as many times as she want and gives the team damage resistance while healing them immediately. So why not make Valkyr's Attack speed and armor buff toggleable too?

Tbh, Trinity is a Clear Defencive Support, so it's quite different, but Valk is Offencive DPS, but problem is, that she have buff, quite good buff, but can't use it properly, that lowers its flexibility, that makes team to stuck around Valk to get buff, but still can lose it very quick and when it happen Valk can't rebuff them.
Also Aura is nice idea, but will not be great for current set, so skill should be changed then, she have Very good Slow and Aura will give her quite good advantage, it will be great, but do not think, that DE will go so far. But for me, as for Valk player, will be nice to have Slow Aura on Melee combat oriented Frame, such as Valkyr is, it will be better if: Warcry will be Aura skill, that give buffs until Valk have Energy and Augment, that will give her an option to buff her Teammates even if they leave Aura range (something similar to Chroma Augment). Also I would like to change her Ult, when she do not become Invincible, but when it work similar to Berserk mode, when she still will have %Lifesteal, but instead Invincibility, she will have %increased Armor (will be good if %HP too, to max HP) and Movement/Attack Speed (without Damage risk factor, when Comba or Scrambus can just oneshot you), that will also stack with Warcry buff effect and also will stack by X% for each enemy kill, but till her Hysteria is active it will consume HP instead of Energy (like if - she get LS as it is now and will get +5% armor and 2%Max-HP for each kill and +0.5% MS/AS (or AS/Crit C or D for her Claws), but will consume 10HP each 10 sec, that will increase as more Max-HP she gets (or %HP consumption). So with her Warcry Aura and Hysteria, she will be able to become almost invincible, with tons of Armor and maybe HP too, but only if player is actively playing, killing or maybe even assisting, but will be punished if just standing around with X or % HP consumption each N amount of time... it's just as example, without calculations), that still will make her more risky character, but more active to run and kill enemies around, so player will not be able to just stay Invincible in the corner... So she will become stronger each enemy she kills (or maybe assists too), but still will "hate" Nulls and other enemies, that can turn off your skills, cos you will lose all stucks and will be forced to start collecting stacks again. Also it will make her Hysteria Augment also more valuable. So with this combo she will be good as solo and as team character, will make her more active and fun, but still will be a risky frame to play, and she still will be good in almost any mission, stating from Exterminates and finishing with Survivals.
Sorry for my bad English. 

Edited by --GZ--Cegorach

In this game, One shot is a one shot. Especially when a 40+ Corrupted Nullifier in MOT can two shot Valkyr with WarCry and Extra Damage reduction or Armor won't help it either since Puncture can ignore it. Also, the HP loss would make Hysteria not worth using since that's her only way of Healing unless you use Life strike or healing Return. Pretty sure Scrambus can deactivate your abilities so they can still one shot you.

Am 13.1.2018 um 01:28 schrieb NinjaZeku:

In fact, I'd say pure "damage Frames" shouldn't exist, no Frame should be that one-dimensional.

Exactly there is no good reason to limit variety for a Warframe. Some people enjoy her straight forward and somewhat simple playstyle. And as long as you don`t take that away, options simply don`t hurt.

We are at a point where a good amount of melee weapons are basically equal to a max strength Valkyr in Hysteria , so even what she does isn`t very exclusive to her anymore!  

As someone who has mained valk no matter her changes. Seeing her able to recast the buff to give allys the buff is nice. I dont even need to reup my time just the allys time. Id love that. But the changes to her 4 forget that. Basically makes warcry redudent if both skills do basically the same thing with slight variations.

On 1/29/2018 at 9:30 AM, knightlol said:

As someone who has mained valk no matter her changes. Seeing her able to recast the buff to give allys the buff is nice. I dont even need to reup my time just the allys time. Id love that. But the changes to her 4 forget that. Basically makes warcry redudent if both skills do basically the same thing with slight variations.

It was just example, cos for now 1. she have Party buff skill, that can't be used to buff team if they are not in TS with you and 2. her Hysteria, that is useless, just for heal, maybe, but anyway it have so slow cast time, that you will die till activate her ult, also invincibility, that makes it boring and will kill whole other builds and using it to survive risky situations also is not useful cos of her cast time, it's easier to just 5>Ctr to survive... There are many ideas how to make her 4 better without changing her actual play style, also to make her skills more useful in combinations, so for now I see, that her Invincibility is a problem, cos it will become OP if change some other aspects and/or will make it more boring, also this Invincibility one of the reasons of her oneshot death, that can't be controlled by player in some situations, yes, you can avoid Null, but they are not only enemies, that can turn off your 4, and some of that enemies can do without player attention, so it's WTF skill now (ok, maybe against just Infested, but till Energy suckers come :D...), but just as another example: Warcry gives Armor, Slow and AS, but make it Aura type skill and change augment similar to Chroma, so player will hold buff even if he leave her Aura range, but her ult gives Max HP, LS, Movement Speed and Damage that decays over time, or consumes HP or Energy as it is now, but killing enemy will give extra N or % time... So Warcry and Hysteria Synergy will work perfectly, also it's possible to give option if in Hysteria kill with Finisher Damage you will get an extra N or % time for Hysteria maybe with 5-10 sec CD (by giving more Stat, Max HP or Energy...), that will make her 3rd skill more useful too, it will not change her build or play style a lot.
But in this topic I mostly focus to make her Warcry recastable on Teammates as minimum, that do not have or lost Warcry buff, but will be nice to have some changes for Valk, cos for now she is just 2 and Operator mode to survive, other skills are not even on secondary level, just Hysteria for Heal maybe, but still there are more and easier ways to heal yourself, as minimum they should make her Hysteria cast time instant to make it a little bit useful in stress situations.
Sorry for my bad English.

18 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Or you can just jump off a cliff, it disables any buffs you had active which allows immediate recasting.

There are not always places to do that, also it's quite ridiculous to be game mechanics.

15 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Pardon my train of thought, but how does the concept of a berserker (A reckless, vicious, angry fighter) relates to teamwork? Some things are just not compatible. Let Valkyr be Valkyr.

"But in this topic I mostly focus to make her Warcry recastable on Teammates as minimum," is not it clear ? On topic dialogue, I answered by topic theme, but answered to some offtopic questions, with my thoughts about offtopic theme... So, you question is strange as minimum, or should I Quote all my comments ?.

Edited by --GZ--Cegorach

2 hours ago, --GZ--Cegorach said:

"But in this topic I mostly focus to make her Warcry recastable on Teammates as minimum," is not it clear ? On topic dialogue, I answered by topic theme, but answered to some offtopic questions, with my thoughts about offtopic theme... So, you question is strange as minimum, or should I Quote all my comments ?.

Perhaps I should clarify.

Why would you want a berserker to be team-friendly to begin with? It's counter-intuitive to her theme. It's like wanting for Excalibur to buff guns.

Edited by Jarriaga

12 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Why would you want a berserker to be team-friendly to begin with?

Because if they aren't, I don't want them on the team :P

As-is, Valkyr can buff the Squad, call it a side effect if you want / need to.
What's lost by making her a little better in that regard?

"Oh noes, having that berserker around improves my own battle performance,
what an utter disgrace to the proud berserker name, begone you nice, useful creature."

Sorry, just doesn't make sense to me. *shrug*

13 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Perhaps I should clarify.

Why would you want a berserker to be team-friendly to begin with? It's counter-intuitive to her theme. It's like wanting for Excalibur to buff guns.

Problem is, that Valkyr already have buff, that can't mostly Buff... And it's the main theme of this topic, but it does not mean, that people can't discuss Valkyr or her overall state as offtopic dialogue...
Btw Quote: "...when she do not become Invincible, but when it work similar to Berserk mode,...", similar to means exactly Similar To, but does not mean Exact Same... So when I, in offtopic dialogue, talk about her Ult I mentioned, that her Invincibility is her problem, cos it make her or useless or OP if do changes and cuts flexibility, that is important for characters similar to Valkyr, that some small changes can make her more flexible and that it can symbiotically can work with her other skills, that unlike Warcry are just lost, in next comment I also post another way, that will not change her survivability, but will make her more flexible and will make her skills more useful as for Solo same for teamplay, and Warframe is Co-op game btw. So, do not confuse Topic and Offtopic discussions pls. 
Also Valkyr is Mobile Frame, that have skills, which makes her mobility useless and less efficient, then other tactics or playstyle and now she feels like so called "Frozen" character that do not have her niche, but just some player's love.