Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will slash mods finally increase the damage of bleed ticks in Damage 2.5?

EZIOilMentore

Currently, slash scales off base damage. If they intend to change to scaling off only slash damage, what exactly does this mean for base damage mods and slash mods?

Will slash mods like Fanged Fusillade and Sweeping Serration finally have more use? I sincerely hope this will be the case, because I fear even for weapons with a considerable amount of slash, such as the Sybaris Prime, that 33% slash would still be pointless. In post-2.5, scaling from the little slash base damage mods like Serration and Vital Sense gives, those damage per tick will obviously be lower than before on pretty much 95% of all weapons. At that point, I'd most likely rather build for elemental damage. Slash may not completely die out, but if they don't implement this, I'm afraid there would only be a hand full of weapons suitable for investing in slash.

I've yet to hear anything about what they would do with slash mods. The sources I've went through are weeks old already, and they don't say anything about this. Have DE said anything about this? I actually haven't been keeping up with Devstreams... Forgive me, but honestly, they put me to sleep as much as university lectures. Haha

Edited by EZIOilMentore

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Since that whould be pretty OP my guess is, that DE is not that stupid.

3 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

Increase bleed ticks?

Geebus. I hope not. They get downright insane with proper builds as is.

Stuff that works in 2.5 works against us as well.... Not looking for insta-death via slash procs in 2.5 as is.

I don't think 120% slash mods would have the same impact on bleed ticks as what we got at the moment. A little bit of increase from slash mods can't be as OP as scaling from all your damage, can it?

16 minutes ago, EZIOilMentore said:

Will slash mods like Fanged Fusillade and Sweeping Serration finally have more use?

they already have use - Physical Mods are useful for specializing vs a specific current foe that is weak to it, or to change the weighing of your Status Effects.
no they aren't more useful than an Elemental or some Crit Stats or what have you... but still has some uses.

2 minutes ago, EZIOilMentore said:

A little bit of increase from slash mods can't be as OP as scaling from all your damage, can it?

the Weapons that apply Slash Status the best currently (outside of Hunter Munitions), are ones that are already mostly weighted for Slash. so that means their Slash Status would be untouched, and then a Physical Mod can Multiply their Slash Status by 2.2x?
that is much more than """"""a little bit"""""".

il y a 7 minutes, EZIOilMentore a dit :

I don't think 120% slash mods would have the same impact on bleed ticks as what we got at the moment. A little bit of increase from slash mods can't be as OP as scaling from all your damage, can it?

Yes, it can.

It whould LITERALLY more than double bleed damage.

il y a 40 minutes, EZIOilMentore a dit :

Currently, slash scales off base damage. If they intend to change to scaling off only slash damage, what exactly does this mean for base damage mods and slash mods?

The rework that the devs suggested will probably be tweaked, but yes, that's what was originally suggested.

Making low slash damage less good at proccing slash and slash based weapon way stronger when they do proc slash.

But the % could've been tweaked aswell.

Most players saw that as a nerf, which is a nerf for low slash damage weapons, but it's a huge buff to slash based weapons (tigris / dread)

il y a 25 minutes, EZIOilMentore a dit :

Actually, it can.

Look at weapons like tigris prime that have 80% slash damage ( 1248 ), if you use a 120% mod that put you at more than 2.5k slash damage.

Slash weapons that have a huge % of slash damage compared to impact/puncture would gain a huge benefit from these mods, and I have no idea why people are against it unless for the fact it makes low slash weapons like akstilleto bad at proccing slash.

Edited by Trichouette

Think of it this way.

The original proposed changes that the DEvs initially made for Slash is a huge nerf for melee stances that proc bleed on combos regardless of weapon IPS type. Bladewhips and Rapiers in particular would suffer 0 Bleed DoTs considering they can force Bleed procs without a Slash stat to use, the original proposition of implementing the Slash stat as the primary damage type to base Bleed procs suffers from this restriction.

Not only melee stances, Hunter Munitions would become null and void on some unique weapons that have bridged and opened new paths on how they can be used at endgame content. Weapons like the Amprex, Synapse, Prisma Gorgon, Soma Prime, etc. are candidate weapons for this mod that are strong early-to-mid game but suffer from an ever-increasing armor scaling endgame due in part of the necessity to stat proc.

So yeah, please leave the algorithm for Bleed procs having its damage taken from overall damage rather than the Slash stat. It’s working just fine and as intended. Leave the Slash IPS mods as they are to boost the physical damage type on contact to the enemy, not as a required element as a means to boost Bleed procs.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

Isn't slash already king? You're asking for a buff for something that doesn't need it.

Impact sucks because shields suck and the crazy physics after procs. And puncture doesn't do what it ****ing says. It should the the answer for armor, not corrosive. Corrosive should be a support stat against armor. The existing proc, damage reduction, should be it's own debuff stat.

You all do know that this is exactly what would have happened with the proposed Damage 2.5, right? Everyone was crying about the HM apocalypse and missed out that slash based weapons were actually getting a HUGE buff.

Guess it is a mute point now though as we are (thankfully) getting bigger changes.