Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

800 Day Login Reward

(PSN)NastyNath74

4 hours ago, Katinka said:

Their question said nothing of mods.  It asked whether or not you'd prefer a weapon that ultimately wont be used or a cosmetic item.  You could have simply said you'd rather have something that affects gameplay, even if you only try it for a couple of missions.

Thanks for the offer!  You have a lovely day too! 

But again, why are you assuming I don't use login weapons? Is it because you dont?

Oh , and I did mention I was hoping it did something other than look cool like an arcane proc or something so you know, something that affects gameplay. Remember free lessons whenever needed champ .

One last edited and post for this topic though because as expected I never really envisioned anything helpful or constructive..... I did have to change my original reply to you to remove the mod part as you are correct he didn't mention a mod just weapons. Whereas my train of thought was actually I was expecting a primed mod as day 800 is the correct login cycle for primed mods as has been the trend over the years. I never actually mentioned I wanted a weapon in my OP.

Edited by (PS4)NastyNath74

I like the zenith and the sigma/octantis.

I agree with OP. I have ZERO interest in fashion frame or cosmetics. I am very disappointed to see a cosmetic item at 800 days when we get cosmetics at the 50 day marks. I would rather have had primed intruder than a cosmetic item.

DE has already stated they are going to rework the system anyways... I mean im gonna log in regardless, im just surprised to see something..... ultimately useless to the game other than fashion.

Fashion frame started as a joke because of the massive lack of any real end game content. The most disturbing fact about all of this is how serious its become.... and how we STILL dont have anything remotely close to end game content.

Im not saying dont enjoy fashion frame if thats your thing.....  nothing wrong with that. But every time somebody says "fashion frame is the real end game" should be a slap in DE's face at this point.

I was disappointed with the dex syandana for the anniversary too. I hope DE figures out where they are gonna go with all this. 1000 days are coming up quick this year.

Edited by Faulcun

800 day is a cosmetic? Hopefully just a placeholder. Isn't it supposed to be a Primed mod? Primed True Steel or Primed Organ shatter. Still need a primed elemental on shotguns. *coughprimedchambercough*

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

800 day is a cosmetic? Hopefully just a placeholder. Isn't it supposed to be a Primed mod? Primed True Steel or Primed Organ shatter. Still need a primed elemental on shotguns. *coughprimedchambercough*

Not a placeholder.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Tribute

I can also clearly see it on the bar when logging in

Edited by Faulcun

On 1/24/2018 at 2:53 PM, (PS4)NastyNath74 said:

Ok so I have 35 days left to reach my 800 day login reward and the icon for the reward has appears to give me a glimpse at what I'm expecting. Is it true DE? Am I actually going to get a piece of fashion frame for my loyal following/support/time spent & constant berating from new players who say I don't deserve a weapon, mod or something just because they don't have it yet? Please tell me it does something other than "look cool" !

I feel for you, but it really is for the best.  It was either this or they were going to make the mods/weapons not special anymore and easily obtained anyway.  It doesn't make a lot of sense for gameplay elements to be only enjoyed by a small minority and cosmetics make better trophies to show off.  Enticement only works if it feels reachable and it was starting to go beyond that.  This from someone that quite enjoyed the system and has over 600 days.

You people seriously want a piece of equipment tied to day 800?!

I just got my Sigma/Ocathingy and while I am absolutely enjoying it, I think that 700 days of logging in is more than enough.

I'm totally OK with a cosmetic item (even if its one that I will never use), and would like to see NO further pieces of equipment tied to the daily login reward system, as the current string is already becoming somewhat excessive.

If anything, I'd like to see days 500+ start giving me useful stuff, like semilarge quantities of Kuva/endo, with a Forma or 2 thrown in here and there.

Edited by Haif

LODESTAR SYANDANA
Stay on the true path with this compass inspired Syandana.

Super, compass on my back. So minimap will be removed? How about thermometer as a sigil and steps counter in leg guard? Players love useless items.

Ok, last weapon, Sigma & Octantis, was not so good. But Zenistar is great, Zenith is one of best rifles. Since always every 200 days was primed mod. And now? Compas on back. Great reward for using Warframe 800 days since new daily tribute rewards system.

1 hour ago, MAX.IM said:

Super, compass on my back. So minimap will be removed? How about thermometer as a sigil and steps counter in leg guard? Players love useless items.

Ok, last weapon, Sigma & Octantis, was not so good. But Zenistar is great, Zenith is one of best rifles. Since always every 200 days was primed mod. And now? Compas on back. Great reward for using Warframe 800 days since new daily tribute rewards system.

Like always DE showing middle finger for weterans/old players.. and everytime kick us direct into balls, mmmmm...

On 2/2/2018 at 7:19 PM, Haif said:

You people seriously want a piece of equipment tied to day 800?!

I just got my Sigma/Ocathingy and while I am absolutely enjoying it, I think that 700 days of logging in is more than enough.

I'm totally OK with a cosmetic item (even if its one that I will never use), and would like to see NO further pieces of equipment tied to the daily login reward system, as the current string is already becoming somewhat excessive.

If anything, I'd like to see days 500+ start giving me useful stuff, like semilarge quantities of Kuva/endo, with a Forma or 2 thrown in here and there.

yeah, I do want a piece of equipment. I have everything else in the game.

According to steam, im at right about ~5700 hrs in this game.

I dont need kuva/endo/forma/potatos/credits/boosters/resources. What am i gonna use it on? And I care nothing about cosmetics at all.

At this point, yes, the only thing i have left to look forward to is new equipment to try out and play with because we still have no end game content after 5 years.

In our clan, we promote people out of "new recruit" with 6 weeks of activity because the majority of newer players dont last that long. We keep a full clan and you would be surprised at the turnover rate of new players.

DE already stated they were going to rework this system to make it easier for newer players to enjoy some of the login rewards sooner. But thats no excuse to neglect veteran players who are actually STILL playing the game. And at 800 days and higher... that should really say something. This system should not be tailored to people who play for a month or two and never login again for a year or more. DE can put a 1500p price tag on all the mods and equipment for all i care. Let people buy their way through it if they feel like they need to "catch up" <--- which is silly to begin with.

But stop pushing veterans aside because other people with insecurity problems have "feels".

Edited by Faulcun

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, Somi_xD said:

The problem with Mods and weapons exclusive to things like a login reward, it can be seen as "unfair" in the majority of the player base.

Why, we were all 800 days away from it at some point. How is it unfair?

4 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Why, we were all 800 days away from it at some point. How is it unfair?

Because they have to wait, platinium will not help, so they see this as "unfair". Most of new players want items fast and for plat. If this item canno't be bought for plat and they need to spent their time to get it, they see it as "unfair", because other players will have it sooner.

8 hours ago, Faulcun said:

yeah, I do want a piece of equipment. I have everything else in the game.

According to steam, im at right about ~5700 hrs in this game.

I agree with you. Most of veteran players will agree. I have over 7300 hours on Steam, and I care only about new equipment - mods, weapons and warframes.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (PS4)NastyNath74 said:

So a question to all the vets out there, will the cessation of login rewards mean you won't play as much or just not be as interested to ensure you log in everyday? I know I won't feel the need to login as much since nothing good will come from logins anymore.

Once I got the Sigma and Octantis in a little over a hundred days I'll likely log in less which means less sorties and other grinds because I do them since I feel the need to login and I'm already there so I may as well. To be honest that syandana looks like crap. There are plenty of others that look much better (and actual animated tennogen ones), so why should I log in for a very meh reward?

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

2 hours ago, (PS4)NastyNath74 said:

So a question to all the vets out there, will the cessation of login rewards mean you won't play as much or just not be as interested to ensure you log in everyday? I know I won't feel the need to login as much since nothing good will come from logins anymore.

Which cessation of login-rewards? Do you mean the new system which let's you chose the reward? This will change nothing. If I don't log into the game, I won't get the next reward.
If you don't log into the game on 50 days you won't get the next reward.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Which cessation of login-rewards? Do you mean the new system which let's you chose the reward? This will change nothing. If I don't log into the game, I won't get the next reward.
If you don't log into the game on 50 days you won't get the next reward.

I think he means gameplay related rewards as it looks like we're going to get cosmetics from now on.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

I think he means gameplay related rewards as it looks like we're going to get cosmetics from now on.

When DE changes the system so we can chose what reward we get, we could get new mods and weapons. Because people can get them earlier and don't have to wait all that time.
And even if it's just cosmetics from here on, then I still want to get everything.

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

When DE changes the system so we can chose what reward we get, we could get new mods and weapons. Because people can get them earlier and don't have to wait all that time.
And even if it's just cosmetics from here on, then I still want to get everything.

Hopefully we will get new weapons... I still need my sundial shotgun.

There's a login weapon for each slot now. Seems like a pretty complete set. They don't need to be S-tier to be worth the time.

Some of us have been playing more than 4 years and do not feel quite as pressed as you do to have yet another free weapon handed to us. Anyway, using your # of logged in days as validation for your opinion is silly.

Well the reward is just sad... Its our sigma and octantic on ur back with a few dangling things... Looks so cheap. 

Login rewards should feel like rewards. After all its 800 freaking days. Rewarded to dedicated players who been supporting this game for more then two years... And it doesn't feel like a reward.

Idea: why not to make this daily rewards items as set pieces ? Like if u run with zenistar and zenith they would provide with some kinda of stats boosting synergy. Or syndana and zenith... Like what eidolor set mods do except for each equipped item would do something. So it would feel like this syndana u giving us is just another syndana... Everyone got one for new years for free, dex whole set is giving away to everyone too... So why this 800 day reward is so sad? DE please appreciate long playing tenno with more then just cosmetics. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)NastyNath74 said:

I have an obligation to my clan, so ill be logging in regardless. However, I feel like veterans are consistently getting the short end of the stick, and im steadily losing interest. 

Honestly don't think that the login rewards past a certain point should be that game-changing. Otherwise catering to vets also becomes a giant middle-finger to new players. These weapons could easily be released periodically on the market, as a drop, or tied to a mission, and it'd have the same effect for Veteran players while also allowing new players to experience it.

You could argue that there is an exclusivity factor to it; "I have it, you don't". But I don't think that's a good mentality for a largely PvE game.

Do I think that all login rewards should be cosmetic? Probably not, as it provides an alternative incentive for a new player to at least login once a day. But past a point the player will either like the game, or not.

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking