Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Warframe Video's

AshenOne07

• 1 month later...

So I just crafted my first zaw and mimic its stats from one of my favorite weapons in the game, the lesion. The result is pretty amazing and, I think it's really close to being the lesion. It may not have the attack speed that the lesion have, but it has 5% more crit, and lots of status chance perfect for a condition overload + blood rush combo. Also, the IPS damage distribution is pretty good that it can proc 4 status in one enemy at the same time, making condition overload really good for this zaw. The combination is mewan, kroostra and ekwana II ruhang. P.S I got more zaw combinations that I will be sharing here. :) My next one is like the guandao with lots of crit and slash damage.

Doesn't it feel slow?
134 base damage looks great, but 0,7 speed would probably bother me.

So far the only Zaws I like are the fast one: dagger (Balla, Peye, Ekwana II Jai) and machete (Cyath, Peye, Ekwana II Jai). I've tried staff (Ooltha, Jayap, Vargeet II Jai), but without Tipedo-like base speed it feels slow like a shovel even with Berserker and Fury. Polearm is the next one I wanna try, but thinking more like Mewa, Seekalla, maybe crit?

8 minutes ago, saradonin said:

Doesn't it feel slow?

So far the only Zaws I like are the fast one: dagger (Balla, Peye, Ekwana II Jai) and machete (Cyath, Peye, Ekwana II Jai). I've tried staff (Ooltha, Jayap, Vargeet II Jai), but without Tipedo-like base speed it feels slow like a shovel even with Berserker and Fury. Polearm is the next one I wanna try, but thinking more like Mewa, Seekalla, maybe crit?

Nah it's really not that slow when you have berserker. Or berserker w. fury or primed fury will fix that. You just need to replace drifting contact. If you ever have problem stacking your combo counter, then just go get power strike from the naramon tree.

15 minutes ago, saradonin said:

Doesn't it feel slow?

Ignore speed numbers like 0.7 as they can be an out right misnomer. It's the stance that will truly be the thing setting your speed.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Ignore speed numbers like 0.7 as they can be an out right misnomer. It's the stance that will truly be the thing setting your speed.

Yeah. That's another factor. It's not even noticeable really that this zaw is inferior in terms of attack speed when you got a good stance + atk spd mods.

I know that status is the meta these days, but I think it's a little too much to call it "the best". The fact that a weapon can proc status good doesn't make it the best.

I like my lightning fast Zaw dagger. It's funny how attack speed can do so much:

I built the fastest Zaw dagger possible (Balla, Peye and Vargeet Jai II), just for the 1.25 attack speed. I'm giving it crit viable build to get more attack speed with Berserker and Primed Fury. Note that my focus is on speed so I use True Steel instead of Blood Rush + Body Count combo, that will give me an extra space and will have enough crit chance to get Berserker running.
I chose the Vargeet Jai II because of it's 24% crit chance and 14% status, getting a crit build but fast enough to proc status condition.
So far I got Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Berserker, True Steel. Covert Lethality for more damage and finishing kills when needed. I got a powerful riven for it (+ damage, + crit chance on slides, + crit damage and - slash damage), I want to roll it a little more to try and get that - slash off. Two last spaces for dual status+elemental mods to guarentee those status procs.
Crit chance to more speed (not damage), status to remove whatever is blocking damage, attack speed to keep it going, all together deals the damage needed.
It just designed to melt enemies from being fast, and it's freaking works... I can also add the arcaine that gives you a chance to lifesteal on finishers, that will be a godly weapon.

2 hours ago, AshenOne07 said:

So I just crafted my first zaw and mimic its stats from one of my favorite weapons in the game, the lesion. The result is pretty amazing and, I think it's really close to being the lesion. It may not have the attack speed that the lesion have, but it has 5% more crit, and lots of status chance perfect for a condition overload + blood rush combo. Also, the IPS damage distribution is pretty good that it can proc 4 status in one enemy at the same time, making condition overload really good for this zaw. The combination is mewan, kroostra and ekwana II ruhang. P.S I got more zaw combinations that I will be sharing here. :) My next one is like the guandao with lots of crit and slash damage.

Awesome!  

However, Lesion users will be a bit triggered because it has less attack speed and you left out Lesion's unique attack speed/toxin combo to bolster your claim, that, when combined with condition overload, makes lesion so nasty when it PROCS status.

There is a reason Lesion's Riven Disposition is 1/5.

A Guandou with teeth?  Sounds awesome!

I made the same Mewan polearm and it's not even close to the Lesion in base stats. Lesion hits much faster and does more damage, plus its slash procs stack much faster for condition overload (impact and puncture don't stack!).

However, Zaws have much higher riven disposition, so you can get close to Lesion level that way.

The new infested Zaw parts are actually even better, because they deal IPS + viral damage and have higher status chance (if you build a stave). They will still be much slower than Lesion, but once again this can be mitigated via rivens.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

5 часов назад, AshenOne07 сказал:

Nah it's really not that slow when you have berserker. Or berserker w. fury or primed fury will fix that. You just need to replace drifting contact. If you ever have problem stacking your combo counter, then just go get power strike from the naramon tree.

Status Zaws are not viable for a berserker build, the crit chance is too low.

1 час назад, xLUONG сказал:

I haven't crafted any infested zaw yet, but wouldn't corrosive be better for a CO build?
Since you get viral just from the strike I mean.

Gas is best because you can stack gas procs very quickly against multiple targets at the same time.

Только что, phoenix1992 сказал:

From personal experience, as long as you have enough range and not stuck in Single target situation Berserker will ramp up fast from 10%

10% is way too low and you won't have enough slots for crit mods if you're building for condition overload.

4 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

10% is way too low and you won't have enough slots for crit mods if you're building for condition overload.

Let's agree to disagree on that, the only reason Galatine (the clean one) was remotely usable was due to Berseker, even thought it came with 10% base crit (we are talking without additional crit mods). Orthos Prime can do the same, but the range there is obscene.

If you want to test it instead of flat believe, please do not do it in simulacrum.

Edited by phoenix1992

9 минут назад, phoenix1992 сказал:

Let's agree to disagree on that, the only reason Galatine (the clean one) was remotely usable was due to Berseker, even thought it came with 10% base crit (we are talking without additional crit mods). Orthos Prime can do the same, but the range there is obscene.

If you want to test it instead of flat believe, please do not do it in simulacrum.

If you're building for berserker then you need at least 20% base crit for reliable chance to trigger.

On the other hand you can slot primed fury and/or a riven with attack speed for guaranteed, consistent speed with a condition overload build.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

• 2 weeks later...

This SMG may seem really interesting because of the fact that it's silenced and has high amount of crit chance (paired w/ accuracy) but, when you get your hands on it, it feels really uncomfortable to use. The damage fall-off is really annoying in my opinion and also, the fire rate may seem good in paper but, that becomes a disadvantage also for this gun as it has low clip size. An MR Fodder then? Well, not exactly, as I'm having fun using it with Harrow. Yes, I know many of you would definitely love using this gun with stealthy frames but, I definitely suggest you try this gun with harrow. All in all, a good gun but it's not worth taking on high levels IMO.

1 minute ago, AshenOne07 said:

Yeah the design is pretty slick but the functionality really needs some tweaking IMO.

Nah, I mean the functionality. It's like tiny bursts of high damage pews. Damage fall off is only a concern on higher level content like sorties, although mostly just Grineer sorties. Cause armor. Otherwise, I got no issues with it.

2 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

Nah, I mean the functionality. It's like tiny bursts of high damage pews. Damage fall off is only a concern on higher level content like sorties, although mostly just Grineer sorties. Cause armor. Otherwise, I got no issues with it.

Yeah. That is where the issue of this weapon. The fall-off is just bad.