The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculously overpriced mods and parts is ridiculous

(XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE

So I came back to War frame after I left during the Jordas Precept quest.. So I am completely new to Riven stuff. 

Why in the Lt Lech's left testicle have we not implemented some sort of trade house limitations or heaven forbid, auction house of some sort, to try and put a stop to people charging absolutely unf***ing acceptable prices for stuff? 

Guy wanted 1500 platinum for a Sicarus riven mod.. Another wanted me to trade my three riven mods and other stuff for a Corinth one.....plus platinum. 

How is this cool? I understand Rivens are hard to come by, and can have absurd unlock requirements.. I had a Phage one that required scanning a synthesis target without using traps not abilities, alone, while wearing a hobbled dragon key... And another was solo a 40 interception while wearing a hobbled key... Wtf? Get 19 headshots while aiming in a single bullet glide? 

Another fine gentleman wanted 1200 for Nova Prime parts. 

Having no guidelines or regulations for trading is ridiculous.. 

Am I salty? Yeah.. Expecting someone to pay nearly 50 dollars for a mod is dumb.. I'd rather just buy the Mirage Prime pack. 

It is called a Free Market economy. Anyone can charge whatever they want for items. If you don't want to buy it for that price, you can barter or decline. The guidelines/regulations are created by the market and supply and demand.

Edited by --Q--Voltage
  • Like 1

Just now, (Xbox One)xJdKxZomBiE said:

No, it's called a "I can charge stupid &#! prices for digital items" market.. Now wonder he said nobody has bought his mod yet. 

Lmao. The economy in Warframe is player driven. You do realize EVERY riven mod is a monopoly right? Finding the exact same stats with the exact same percentages on the exact same weapon is mostly impossible.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)xJdKxZomBiE said:

So I came back to War frame after I left during the Jordas Precept quest.. So I am completely new to Riven stuff. 

Why in the Lt Lech's left testicle have we not implemented some sort of trade house limitations or heaven forbid, auction house of some sort, to try and put a stop to people charging absolutely unf***ing acceptable prices for stuff? 

Guy wanted 1500 platinum for a Sicarus riven mod.. Another wanted me to trade my three riven mods and other stuff for a Corinth one.....plus platinum. 

How is this cool? I understand Rivens are hard to come by, and can have absurd unlock requirements.. I had a Phage one that required scanning a synthesis target without using traps not abilities, alone, while wearing a hobbled dragon key... And another was solo a 40 interception while wearing a hobbled key... Wtf? Get 19 headshots while aiming in a single bullet glide? 

Another fine gentleman wanted 1200 for Nova Prime parts. 

Having no guidelines or regulations for trading is ridiculous.. 

Am I salty? Yeah.. Expecting someone to pay nearly 50 dollars for a mod is dumb.. I'd rather just buy the Mirage Prime pack. 

I mean, the corinth one makes sense if your mods are bad rolls, since the corinth itself is a new weapon and from the looks of it, may just be the next tigris when it comes to popularity. Other than that, the rest of the mods have to legitimately be godroll in the sense that it oneshots everything in game to justify that stupid price. Nova parts are still bullsh*t though. That frame's worth only like 250p 

1 minute ago, DarkSkysz said:

Who cares...everyone use the price that they want on their items. Don't want to pay? Move along...and a little hint: Go farm the items yourself, it's free!

I have been doing the Shorties every day.. I have no shortage of excess kuva, and more of those weird statues than I can even fit in my ship.. I had to buy a spare Ordis just to house them. 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)xJdKxZomBiE said:

And do what with his 10k plat exactly? What method of converting premium currency back to real money is there? 

You do know that Platinum can be used for a multitude of purposes within the game right? You can spend platinum on Forma, potatoes, trading, cosmetics, boosters, weapons, warframes, and more.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Thing is, when you want an item that is in high demand, with a low supply, the market is dictated by the seller.   Its a safe bet that if a weapon is very good without a Riven, then a good Riven for that weapon will be expensive.   If its a newer weapon, the price increases. 

Nova P is vaulted, so prices are going to be high.   As high as you saying they were, well, a fool and his plat are soon parted if someone pays that.

I would love an actual Warframe sponsored market where we could list our stuff and forget about it. 

11 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

Thing is, when you want an item that is in high demand, with a low supply, the market is dictated by the seller.   Its a safe bet that if a weapon is very good without a Riven, then a good Riven for that weapon will be expensive.   If its a newer weapon, the price increases. 

Nova P is vaulted, so prices are going to be high.   As high as you saying they were, well, a fool and his plat are soon parted if someone pays that.

I would love an actual Warframe sponsored market where we could list our stuff and forget about it. 

I rather not have an auction house kind of thing, price flipping my friend, price flipping, alot of games got destroyed cuz of those S#&$ty antics where a whale buys out all a certain item then flips them.

1 hour ago, Eureka.seveN said:

And thats why some people will earn 10k+ plat from trades and you will have none

As someone who have made 1000’s of plat, I can say that making 10k+ plat is never worth the time or effort. The guy who finally made 10k plat has spend hours and hours farming kuva, days and days hanging out in trade chat finding the right buyer. I look at my paycheck, see how much money I make in that amount of time, how much plat I could buy with it, and suddenly the guy who made 10k plat has become the laughing stock of the Warframe community who’s time and effort apparently is worthless.

It’s not a free market. It’s a marketing scheme designed to be so bad (in terms of profit made) that any person with some self respect buys the plat instead, thus making money for DE.

Just now, rune_me said:

As someone who have made 1000’s of plat, I can say that making 10k+ plat is never worth the time or effort. The guy who finally made 10k plat has spend hours and hours farming kuva, days and days hanging out in trade chat finding the right buyer. I look at my paycheck, see how much money I make in that amount of time, how much plat I could buy with it, and suddenly the guy who made 10k plat has become the laughing stock of the Warframe community who’s time and effort apparently is worthless.

It’s not a free market. It’s a marketing scheme designed to be so bad (in terms of profit made) that any person with some self respect buys the plat instead, thus making money for DE.

You realize laughing stock is someone who tries to tell others how to play the game right? Your time is not worthless if you value it. I find it funny that you associate making 10k+ with farming Kuva. It is a free market, and whoever says otherwise is either naive or does not know basic economics. The prices are run by players and the market fluctuates based on supply and demand.

I have valued my time spent trading, and I am sitting here laughing because you believe that this community would laugh at someone for playing how they want.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

You realize laughing stock is someone who tries to tell others how to play the game right? Your time is not worthless if you value it. I find it funny that you associate making 10k+ with farming Kuva. It is a free market, and whoever says otherwise is either naive or does not know basic economics. The prices are run by players and the market fluctuates based on supply and demand.

I have valued my time spent trading, and I am sitting here laughing because you believe that this community would laugh at someone for playing how they want.

Erh? Hanging out in trade chat is not playing. That’s like saying you’te favourite way to play poker is to put away the cards and do your taxes. Meanwhile the rest of us is actually playing the game. And, yes, laughing.

Just now, rune_me said:

Erh? Hanging out in trade chat is not playing. That’s like saying you’te favourite way to play poker is to put away the cards and do your taxes. Meanwhile the rest of us is actually playing the game. And, yes, laughing.

Is trading not part of this game? I didn't realize your idea of playing overrules everyone else's. I have nothing else to do besides wait for events, use the forums, and trade.

6 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Is trading not part of this game? I didn't realize your idea of playing overrules everyone else's. I have nothing else to do besides wait for events, use the forums, and trade.

Of course my idea of playing the game doesn’t overrule everyone else’s. Just the bad ones.

Hint: using the forums and waiting for events is also not playing the game. You are allowed to play other games, you know.