Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Aren't the Crewman and Grineer Doing Anything???

_Arctic-Fox_

So, I've thought a lot about this, but why are the Corpus Crewman and Grineer Soldiers working on anything? I know in the Kuva Fortress maps the grineer will be in formation at times, watching something on the teli, and there are special units on Ceres working on stuff in the background, but why doesn't DE focus more on the ambient workload of the different factions? I think the corpus should be inspecting and running diagnostics on some moas when we walk into the room, or talking in their weird way about something to their fellow corpus when we stab them in the back? I just think that if DE focused more on the ingame AI's Socal points a bit more, missions wouldn't seem so monotonous and repetitive. It would also open the doors for DE to add in a lot of humor to the game. I mean, let's face it, we all want to see the grineer arm wrestling before we murder them.

Btw, I really do enjoy the game and I LOVE all the changes you guys are making. I just thought this might be one of them in the future.

-MasterGid

Edited by MasterGid
Just adding something nice to the end. :D

INb4 we walk in on some twisted infested mating rituals!

Really though, something like what you are suggesting would be great for immersion. Would love to be pickpocketing as Ivara listening in on two crewmen talking about how Eecheebagee was all like "booyah"

I've been dying to see some of the enemies do the stuff like the way they're portrayed in the prime trailers.
Corpus loading themselves and their cargo into ships and exiting them. (Vauban Prime Trailer)
Grineer pouring toxins into the lakes and ponds on Earth. (Oberon Prime Trailer)

And I'd love to see them interact with their environment too.
Grineer sleeping in their bunk beds.
Corpus programming their MOAs and Ospreys.
And Corpus fixing their damned windows.

27 minutes ago, MasterGid said:

I just think that if DE focused more on the ingame AI's Socal points a bit more, missions wouldn't seem so monotonous and repetitive.

I agree with this, my personal favourite tileset is Ceres. Those little workers, along with the overall map design - chunks of ships move off tile to someplace else -, give the impression that you are in just one tiny section of a wider living area.

However, realistically, this would only be viable for ~5 seconds into most missions, before the mission is alerted and it becomes odd to see these things happening.

I also seem to recall that there was a question similar to this on a Devstream regarding world building, and DE stated that the way the tiles are generated also has an impact, as you can never be sure how things will happen.

il y a 43 minutes, MasterGid a dit :

if DE focused more on the ingame AI's Socal points a bit more, missions wouldn't seem so monotonous and repetitive.

Oh yes that would totally change the game... It's very interesting to see them doing "whatever" before they get obliterated.

I wonder why the focus of this community is always about such odd things

1 hour ago, Sitchrea said:

This would be great if the average lifespan of an enemy wasn't less than two seconds.

First time I played Mesa - not long ago - and used her jamming ability I actually stopped from butchering the poor grineer just to have a good laugh at them struggling with their weaponry. I still do that, they're waaaay too funny to ignore. Obviously such things would not work when running in pugs do to the frantic pace of them with people rushing to the objective and then to the exit like bats out of hell.

But yes! It would be so much more enjoyable, especially when going there either alone or with friends that are like-minded. And the alarms would just change the status of the enemies spawning in (as not all of them are on the map from the get-go).

Il y a 12 heures, Sitchrea a dit :

This would be great if the average lifespan of an enemy wasn't less than two seconds.

"oh look, these 2 grineer are playing poker lol"
They're suddenly both split in half because another player used spinning attack with <insert random polearm name> & primed reach + range riven 3 rooms away from them.

Do we really need the devs to work on some stuff people will barely notice ?

Plus it won't work anymore when the alarm is on, which is usually pretty early in the missions.