Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brilliant Eidolon Shards should give at least 50000 Focus Points after Vex Armor change.

Sorise

You consider the damage boost vex gives ludicrous, but the amount of focus needed to max one node can be ludicrous as well.

This jus seems fair. This Chroma thing seems like a bandage to the Focus issue.

10 Teralyst deaths in 50min is ludicrous, but it helps a ton(I never had 10 captures though but others have).

Although a damage cap on the Teralysts would be a lot easier to implement than a Vex Armor change(Wouldn't it?) so why pursue a Vex change only because of the one beast(jus one enemy, well, one type of enemy, but a BFM as Tera puts it)? Jus curious.

your kidding yourself lol, 250k daily cap and 25k per eidolon shard as it is now is completely fine, those people doing 10 runs per nightfall are getting an extra 250k per day per night run, meaning they can get mil+ per day as it is if they want to, some of us have no need for focus ever again as we all long since maxed everything

That would be nice or they could just reduce the stupid 1 MILLION focus points needed to unlock a waybound, remove the excessive cost required for the unnecessary focus capacity (I'd have unlocked another waypoint if it wasn't for this) and get the rework to focus out so we don't need to 'meta farm' to get our daily cap...

Hell I'd settle for a way to just fight the eidolon 24/7 rather than 50 mins every 2.5 hours.....

And as a side note, the upcoming teralysts are going to be higher level iirc so they better be dropping something worthwhile....

Edited by LSG501

As much as I hate the incoming nerf, I can't say I didn't see it coming. Vex Armor has been abused for years now... it will hurt saying goodbye to it, but there's not really much we can do. I just hope DE takes in consideration people who invested so much in that dragon... 6 formas, 20 arcanes... RIP OHKO Teralyst. (Not salty at all)

Anyway, hopefully since they're nerfing a lot of the cheese abilities, it would be nice if they decided to review enemy scaling cause right now it just absurd. Bulletsponge + more damage =/= Fun

22 minutes ago, Sorise said:

Although a damage cap on the Teralysts would be a lot easier to implement than a Vex Armor change(Wouldn't it?) so why pursue a Vex change only because of the one beast(jus one enemy, well, one type of enemy, but a BFM as Tera puts it)? Jus curious.

Because they plan on making more of them--more eidolons, and also more variants of the teralyst specifically--and putting a damage cap on all of them, or even any of them at all, just to keep them from getting KO'd in one hit by Chroma, is a pretty clear signal that the problem is with Chroma.

Also, a damage cap has the potential to hurt other frames/weapons that may not need it. Chroma's the clear outlier here; it makes more sense to adjust him than to adjust everything else around him.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, Sorise said:

You consider the damage boost vex gives ludicrous, but the amount of focus needed to max one node can be ludicrous as well.

This jus seems fair. This Chroma thing seems like a bandage to the Focus issue.

10 Teralyst deaths in 50min is ludicrous, but it helps a ton(I never had 10 captures though but others have).

I'm don't with focus, and never turned in a single brilliant shard (other than unlocking the waybound nodes). All unlocked with the exception of Unairu, and enough focus to buy enough pool to turn everything on at once (though I haven't spend it yet because I don't want everything on as of yet). At 50,000 per shard focus would be done in no time, in fact it would be done way faster than the old focus 1.0 (which is where I got 99% of my focus with a 100K daily cap).

I have absolutely not ground out 250K a day focus, in fact I've been playing very little since focus 2.0 and POE came out. Topping out focus should be a long process. picking and choosin the nodes you want. I did it in focus 1.0 and it seems to be with the increased cap and uncapped shards it is a MUCH easier grind today than it was then, so you will have it all done up even faster.

4 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

I'm don't with focus, and never turned in a single brilliant shard (other than unlocking the waybound nodes). All unlocked with the exception of Unairu, and enough focus to buy enough pool to turn everything on at once (though I haven't spend it yet because I don't want everything on as of yet). At 50,000 per shard focus would be done in no time, in fact it would be done way faster than the old focus 1.0 (which is where I got 99% of my focus with a 100K daily cap).

I have absolutely not ground out 250K a day focus, in fact I've been playing very little since focus 2.0 and POE came out. Topping out focus should be a long process. picking and choosin the nodes you want. I did it in focus 1.0 and it seems to be with the increased cap and uncapped shards it is a MUCH easier grind today than it was then, so you will have it all done up even faster.

It'll still be a long process since the Eidolon shall be captured less each night so nothing really changes.

It would take weeks to max out one node and 4 days to unbind it w/o shard conversion.

15 hours ago, Sorise said:

It'll still be a long process since the Eidolon shall be captured less each night so nothing really changes.

It would take weeks to max out one node and 4 days to unbind it w/o shard conversion.

Yes... focus 2.0 should be completed in YEARS not weeks.

17 hours ago, Sorise said:

believe me. there are more then enough ways to keep it around the same time. The only ones effected may be the people running it 10-11 each night, they may lose 1-2 the first few nights but will be back to 10-11 in a few runs once they have adapted.

2 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Yes... focus 2.0 should be completed in YEARS not weeks.

Then they need to add more nodes and trees then. Seen much bigger trees. Path of Exile has one.

Can't have very grindy focus to compensate for lack of nodes in each tree.

Of course the best nodes would take the longest to max.

Waybound nodes are not among the best.

They can take least effort.

Edited by Sorise

On 2/2/2018 at 5:52 PM, LSG501 said:

That would be nice or they could just reduce the stupid 1 MILLION focus points needed to unlock a waybound, remove the excessive cost required for the unnecessary focus capacity (I'd have unlocked another waypoint if it wasn't for this) and get the rework to focus out so we don't need to 'meta farm' to get our daily cap...

Hell I'd settle for a way to just fight the eidolon 24/7 rather than 50 mins every 2.5 hours.....

And as a side note, the upcoming teralysts are going to be higher level iirc so they better be dropping something worthwhile....

This. I'd understand the huge focus demands, if the amps did more damage & abilities were more beneficial. Would also be cool to have more waybound passives tbh. 

9 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

believe me. there are more then enough ways to keep it around the same time. The only ones effected may be the people running it 10-11 each night, they may lose 1-2 the first few nights but will be back to 10-11 in a few runs once they have adapted.

Also this. Very much true.

18 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

It takes me about five seconds SOLO as VOLT to blow a teralyst limb up, when I don't screw up my aim. I think full squads will manage without Chroma being broken, though it might require them to actually work on their weapons being better.

It more of a question of time and how much you can get in an hour as opposed to now.

So do you use any Rivens? If not, what weapon and mods you use?

If you use Riven, is it one that sells for over 1000 plat?

9 minutes ago, Sorise said:

It more of a question of time and how much you can get in an hour as opposed to now.

So do you use any Rivens? If not, what weapon and mods you use?

If you use Riven, is it one that sells for over 1000 plat?

I do use a riven in my Lanka, yes. It would surely take me a bit longer without it. I don't really know what the price would be for it, since I got it unrolled for free from a friend. It could very well take me twice as long without the riven mod in there.

But that's still a single person firing, and none of the other possible team damage buffs. It will probably take more effort or making sure to get some kind of team buff in.there for squads moving forward, but maybe it SHOULD take slightly more effort to be killing DE's pathetic attempts at raid bosses in seconds.

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

I do use a riven in my Lanka, yes. It would surely take me a bit longer without it. I don't really know what the price would be for it, since I got it unrolled for free from a friend. It could very well take me twice as long without the riven mod in there.

But that's still a single person firing, and none of the other possible team damage buffs. It will probably take more effort or making sure to get some kind of team buff in.there for squads moving forward, but maybe it SHOULD take slightly more effort to be killing DE's pathetic attempts at raid bosses in seconds.

I see, so what's the Lanka build?

29 minutes ago, Sorise said:

I see, so what's the Lanka build?

Pretty normal, I think. Serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense like any crit weapons, a 60% and 90% element because I'm too lazy to forma it any more than I have and don't really want to lose the status, then a rank 8 heavy caliber and a riven. It's admittedly quite a nice riven (MS, crit damage, fire rate), before having it I was just using the normal speed trigger because I was too lazy to get vile acceleration.

It's certainly quite a few forma, which I think might be your point, though I'm not sure how many I needed BEFORE slotting a riven mod.

I think that, yes, it'll probably take a lot more work for people to get to the point of instakilling Terry, so for a lot of squads for a while it'll become slower. But it's still going to be possible to GET there, and he's "supposed" to be hard (even if I think he utterly fails at that).

I kind of expect common squads to change from being volt/chroma/lure babysitter and a fourth person who doesn't even matter, people will start gravitating towards volt/babysitter/Rhino/Octavia or something. Octavia's Amp has a pretty huge base damage increasing potential in a good area, and a well built Rhino Roar should comfortably enough hit a total 2x damage multiplier. Combining stuff like that and firing through the Volt shields that you need anyhow for optimizing the shield takedowns should still result in effective damage being a breeze to reach even with more moderately built weapons than mine.

Edited by OvisCaedo

20 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Pretty normal, I think. Serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense like any crit weapons, a 60% and 90% element because I'm too lazy to forma it any more than I have and don't really want to lose the status, then a rank 8 heavy caliber and a riven. It's admittedly quite a nice riven (MS, crit damage, fire rate), before having it I was just using the normal speed trigger because I was too lazy to get vile acceleration.

It's certainly quite a few forma, which I think might be your point, though I'm not sure how many I needed BEFORE slotting a riven mod.

I think that, yes, it'll probably take a lot more work for people to get to the point of instakilling Terry, so for a lot of squads for a while it'll become slower. But it's still going to be possible to GET there, and he's "supposed" to be hard (even if I think he utterly fails at that).

I kind of expect common squads to change from being volt/chroma/lure babysitter and a fourth person who doesn't even matter, people will start gravitating towards volt/babysitter/Rhino/Octavia or something. Octavia's Amp has a pretty huge base damage increasing potential in a good area, and a well built Rhino Roar should comfortably enough hit a total 2x damage multiplier. Combining stuff like that and firing through the Volt shields that you need anyhow for optimizing the shield takedowns should still result in effective damage being a breeze to reach even with more moderately built weapons than mine.

So seem to forget that everyone shall get dmg buffed by Vex Armor so chroma could be still sittin pretty in squads.

So why exclude harrow?

Although wonder if hosts shall beg for people w/ Rivens...who knows.

1 hour ago, Sorise said:

So seem to forget that everyone shall get dmg buffed by Vex Armor so chroma could be still sittin pretty in squads.

So why exclude harrow?

Although wonder if hosts shall beg for people w/ Rivens...who knows.

Nah, I'm aware of that, except unless the numbers are adjusted it's going to barely be a stronger buff than Octavia's amp and with a lower range. He could keep getting taken anyhow, though, since there might be roughly equal chance of people understanding to stand next to him as to stand in the amp field.

I don't actually participate in these group hunts, since I've only done a couple solo ones (or ones where I carried a friend or two), so I forgot people even had a Harrow fixation. What's the deal with that one, agai- Oh, wait, now I remember. Harrow was because people didn't want to actually have to move out of the scream radius... Which normally I'd think of as very silly, but I guess you wouldn't want the lures following you away from Terry and unlinking. Mostly I'm wondering if things like Harrow would get dropped in favor of people doing more to lower their weapon-modding requirements.