Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE destroyed Chroma

Dark_Chroma_Prime

So what his niche got removed, made worse in solo, We should be happy a skill we will never use since it's damage cone is too small got a buff, a buff that can allow teammates to harness Chroma's godly power if they are in him or for a few seconds which will certainly revolutionize his playstyle by making him weaker overall. We should be happy about this god sent gift from DE./sarcasm

To the actual point itself, I will not stop using Chroma, but at the same time people who defend his changes as correction or DE who prioritize an oversized Sargas Ruk instead of making an actual boss should probably rethink and relook what makes Chroma The Chroma. DE say we looked into data, but I wonder what data are they looking into. All of this mess could have been fixed on his release or when they released his augments or when they released his deluxe skin, But no that's not an issue, let it become a standard, Then we look into it. This is no different then Greedy Pull Mag, 99Bless Trin, 360Peacemaker. All of these shared a common feature: fuss could've been cleaned up if it was fixed when it was encountered instead they let the small rock slide down to make the huge avalanche now. Greedy pull mod wasn't working properly they ignored till it hit a point that you don't need to move, 99Bless was a standard for so long before it was 100BLess, 360 Peacemaker had the same issue.

The problem is not that he is being fixed, But rather they pushed away the problem for so long, The problem was no longer a problem but a feature.

All of this could've been solved if they did fixed it when they encountered, They knew the root issue but pushed it off.

Rather than his damage decrease, which was only REALLY so massive because of a blatant bug that NEEDED to be fixed... I'm much more concerned about the same change possibly being done to the actual armor buff of the 3. If his 3's armor buff also becomes "normal", then his survivability (especially ice builds) is going to take an astronomical nosedive.

Though as far as being a team frame goes... Eh? Doesn't console me much as a largely solo player, but given how most Chroma builds have also tended to function to keep his own abilities and uptime going, I don't think it's really going to make for much of a team buff. The range for elemental ward was so restrictive for any ally to ACTUALLY stay in range in that they instead opted to just make an augment to try to remove the NEED for range instead. Unless they do something similar for his 3 (which would be weird, given that it's a 2 augment right now), I don't see it working out as a team buff very well without compromising his build for his own sake more.

and at that point, why use him over other team buff frames? Octavia's amp already offers about the same damage percentage as vex armor, with an uptime of "is someone using a loud gun" instead of "oh it reset let me shoot myself a bunch".

I'm conflicted overall. He NEEDED the double/triple-dipping into his damage buff fixed. That was completely ridiculous. But I'm wondering how much point he'll really have if they aren't doing further number adjustments.

edit: somehow I think I still ended up talking more about the damage buff and team potential even though it really IS the armor I'm more concerned about, but I guess there's not much to say on it except "it will be much less". Maybe I should try running the numbers on what my own fairly moderate build would be at currently and post-changes, assuming that the armor calc will change. Because it is, I suppose, also only an assumption right now.

Edited by OvisCaedo

6 hours ago, Dark_Roxas said:

The actual reason why Chroma get his "nerf" is because of all the eidolon hunters who let the frame, who is no where better than the others( yes, Im saying this as a Chroma player), be  important and popular for only one thing, one shoting things. Everyone who played and knew Chroma before the plains, had known how strong he is and was send back into the shadows of warframe by the rest of the community. The only reason why he has been used back time from this unknown player was credit farming, because they didnt see his full potential of beeing the real berserker frame( Valkyr is just a kitty on her period, you cant call her a berserker)

So after reaching 50% with Chroma in a time of 2000+ hour, I should go back to Excal, hoping he wont get any bad changes in the next 2000hous I'll play him

Perhaps, DE forgot this part of Excalibur...,:facepalm: Just saying. 

Edited by IIWingSaberII

5 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Not even close , people crying have a A LOT more influence than any "game data" (more now than devs seems to only care for the noobs that cant kill anything.... ) . Chroma for example has no change for a lot of time (and the solution was just change the way damage its calculated , nothing that take more than 5 minutes ... but they didnt do it in all this time ) , people cry ... now nerfed . Same with Banshee/ember (and with banshee even worst because people were angry for banshee stucking enemies far from them ... now she is going to do the same with even more range and less damage , so more time stuck for enemies )  .

My thoughts when I saw the "balancing" yesterday: They "fix" my Ember but forgot to "fix" my Banshee >:D

5 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Not even close , people crying have a A LOT more influence than any "game data" (more now than devs seems to only care for the noobs that cant kill anything.... ) . Chroma for example has no change for a lot of time (and the solution was just change the way damage its calculated , nothing that take more than 5 minutes ... but they didnt do it in all this time ) , people cry ... now nerfed . Same with Banshee/ember (and with banshee even worst because people were angry for banshee stucking enemies far from them ... now she is going to do the same with even more range and less damage , so more time stuck for enemies )  .

Shame on DE. How dare they listen to their playerbase and pay attention to what their community is saying? What kind of developers does that? Am I right?

hace 20 minutos, rune_me dijo:

What kind of developers does that? Am I right?

A really bad ones . There its 2 options for good devs, first ... the skill its good and work as intended (no need to change) or second ... the skill not work as intended (so you need to change it , nerf .. buff , rework ,etc) . The option of "we know that the skills its not working as we intended but we let it that way till enought people cry" its the bad dev option .

2 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

A really bad ones . There its 2 options for good devs, first ... the skill its good and work as intended (no need to change) or second ... the skill not work as intended (so you need to change it , nerf .. buff , rework ,etc) . The option of "we know that the skills its not working as we intended but we let it that way till enought people cry" its the bad dev option .

But I mean, the forums has been nothing but people whining and crying about Chroma, Banshee and Ember being nerfed for the past 48 hours. So according to you, that means these 3 frames will all get buffed again, since so many people are crying about it.

so, I'm guessing nobody's worked out that even though Chroma's damage output will be lower, it can be transferred to other players now. imagine if the power of a High-Strength Vex Armour were to be given to a frame like Rhino or Harrow, it'd still be powerful as hell, also Volt or Mag with Lanka. the Eidolon Meta will only change, and Chroma's also getting a much needed buff to his Spectral Scream. all in all, it's really not that bad.

literally, any smart eidolon hunter will just switch to another frame for cheesing or it might encourage them to experiment with other frames. my biggest Problem with Chroma is the terrible energy efficiency of his 4 and the fact that Shock and Toxic Chroma builds are basically useless. if they gave these versions of Chroma a proper buff you wouldn't see so many Ice Dragons around. once they make all 4 energy types and his 4 usable for more than 10 seconds, he'll be perfect IMO.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

So basically no one will play with him anymore because they waited way too long to fix him and people were used to him being OP.  Just like Ash and anything else they wait too long to "balance".  No one wants to play with something that months prior did things way better even if it is better for the game.  You don't trade in a Lamborghini on a Hyundai then justify it because it gets better gas mileage.

15 minutes ago, NV1337 said:

Okay I'm really salty right now because I invested a lot of my time putting 8 FCKING FORMA on Chroma. 

There is so much precedent for this no one can be surprised when the nerf hammer hits their x-forma'd item Countless frames, weapons, etc.. many smacked years after introduction.

How many people had 6 forma tonkors? multi forma T.Boltace? SynSims? Gara upon first release, the trinities, saryns, etc etc... 

There is no care given for peoples work and effort into making OP weapons/frames. (Nor am i advocating for one).  Chroma was broken, it was well known and discussed, and anyone with two cells to rub together had to have an inkling it wasn't going to last forever.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

26 minutes ago, NV1337 said:

His damage scaling and armor scaling isn't really as overpowered as people think he is

Thats just a lie. I was goofing around with eidolons with sybaris prime. Firs with harrow, he did hit for 700 with active covenant, than with chroma with 180 power (no blind rage etc) and he did hit for 14k. Really no difference here...

11 minutes ago, NV1337 said:

Okay I think people are missing the point of my post. The entire forma thing is just an explanation as to why I am salty plus I was levelling him with no idea that the xp was shared among all of my weapons including the maxed out ones. Anyways the main point of my post was that the armor scaling and the health scaling for enemies is just insane and not nerfing the scaling for those enemies yet nerfing chroma's only arguably good ability is just complete and utter bullsht. People talk about how OP Chroma's damage is yet no one ever considers the fact that the enemy scaling is just as bullS#&$ as chroma's.

Well I don't disagree that the armor scaling in this game is ridiculous. But you can still kill enemies without Chromas insane power strength just fine. I mean, all the other frames can still kill enemies fine without a damage buff, so why shouldn't Chroma? He's ability to face tank anything the game can throw at him hasn't changed. Yeah, now you have to maybe shoot more times at a tough enemy instead of one-shotting them, but you're Chroma - it's not like they are going to kill you while you do it.

hace 45 minutos, MrJxt dijo:

He will still be the best weapon damage buffer, ~75% better than Octavia. Vex armor will also stack with other Chromas so that will create some interesting team compositions.

75% better  ? at max str , both have almost the same number and how do you know that  the buff its going to stack ...? i dont see any indication in devs words (and for their words seems that the range its not going to be good )  .

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Well I don't disagree that the armor scaling in this game is ridiculous. But you can still kill enemies without Chromas insane power strength just fine. I mean, all the other frames can still kill enemies fine without a damage buff, so why shouldn't Chroma? He's ability to face tank anything the game can throw at him hasn't changed. Yeah, now you have to maybe shoot more times at a tough enemy instead of one-shotting them, but you're Chroma - it's not like they are going to kill you while you do it.

Did the nerf state that it will affect the armor scaling of chroma too. Because if it does it will make this nerf all the more bs.

Just now, Yagamilight123 said:

75% better  ? at max str , both have almost the same number and how do you know that  the buff its going to stack ...? i dont see any indication in devs words (and for their words seems that the range its not going to be good )  .

They mentioned this in the stream. By their calculations, chroma's buff should be 75% better than Octavia's and all 4 chroma's can stack their vex armor. At release it might not be so, but that was what they were developing then. 

5 minutes ago, NV1337 said:

Did the nerf state that it will affect the armor scaling of chroma too. Because if it does it will make this nerf all the more bs.

Just damage. The issue was, that as it is now Chroma's damage boost is a multiplier of the total damage caused by your attack after everything has been calculated. In future it will multiply only the base damage of your weapon, and then add mods like elemental damage and serration afterwards.

So it will have no effect on your armor buff.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Kuestenjung:

I have to disagree with you, because if Vex Armor infact used the modded stats, then it´s another sad Story of DE taking so long to fix something. Everything in this game only counts the bas Warframe stats and Chrome should be no expectation.

And btw, with the fix he is also getting a buff for the whole team, but I know people tend to only see the dark side.

Sad story would actually be a frame who solely depends on numbers (Chroma) but then gets such a bad formular that makes all numbers redundant. I'd like to redirect you to this thread to see what i mean:

Now i'd like to ask. If i'm using modded gloves with corrosive damage and additional spikes and i then go further to beef up my muscles for additional 100%, why shouldn't i deal exactly double the damage then? This new formular doesn't even make no sense but it also makes most damage buffs completely useless if you think about how much power strength you have to slot in only to gain a miniscule more damage. Wanna go nova meta all over again or what is the plan here?

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Sad story would actually be a frame who solely depends on numbers (Chroma) but then gets such a bad formular that makes all numbers redundant. I'd like to redirect you to this thread to see what i mean:

Now i'd like to ask. If i'm using modded gloves with corrosive damage and additional spikes and i then go further to beef up my muscles for additional 100%, why shouldn't i deal exactly double the damage then? This new formular doesn't even make no sense but it also makes most damage buffs completely useless if you think about how much power strength you have to slot in only to gain a miniscule more damage. Wanna go nova meta all over again or what is the plan here?

This is already how all other damage buffs works. I wouldn't call Rhino's damage buff useless, would you?

6 minutes ago, NV1337 said:

He is doing perfectly fine and his damage really isn't that op. I mean if you wanna see op then look at riven mods and then come back. The point is that he is perfectly fine as it is

He's literally the best weapon buffer in the game as he is right now, outshining every single other one out there. The only one that can get past him is Banshee, but it requires rng to stock multiple sonars in the same place. 

There's no point in downplaying the ridiculous numbers he can bring to the table. 

Edited by aligatorno

vor 11 Minuten schrieb rune_me:

This is already how all other damage buffs works. I wouldn't call Rhino's damage buff useless, would you?

Of course i wouldn't. But that's because Roar works AS IT SHOULD WORK. My build says 149% damage buff and my results give me exactly 149% more damage.

So i wouldn't call it useless because it isn't. Glad we sorted that out :P

Edited by IceColdHawk

8 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Of course i wouldn't. But that's because Roar works AS IT SHOULD WORK. My build says 149% power strength and my results give me exactly 149% more damage.

So i wouldn't call it useless because it isn't. Glad we sorted that out :P

Erh? My Rhino build has 214% power strength and a damage increase of 107%

Edited by rune_me