Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for Octavia's Mandachord

Wephrix

Hi all!! I'm a bit new in this forum topic and i want to share with you some ideas i got to improve the game.

i've been thinking some great ideas to add new features for octavia's mandachord... I love Octavia and i love to compose and transcribe songs, and i transcribe my favourite song's parts on the mandachord, then i go to the missions and kill enemies with my favourite song parts. I made a lot!, but there are some limitations that makes the loops and songs in general a little bit incomplete.

So here are my suggestions to improve octavia's mandachord:

-TEMPO VARIATION: This would be great because everyone will like to adjust the song's tempo to make it faster or slower than the normal tempo so the tempo can match with the song we are trying to make... with this feature we can make more elaborated songs with syncopations and we can add a more interesting rhythm to our songs if the tempo is faster; this tempo variation will affect the 3 instruments at the same time.(this feature can be added inside loop options)

-BAR PLAY SELECTION:This feature will be very usable, i've been thinking on something like "play bar 1 and 2", "play bar 1 to 3" or "play all bars" for example, to select which bars will be played when in mission and which bars will be played in the preview of the song too, so we can edit with more freedom an specific part of it, and we can skip a complete bar if the song we are making do not fit the 4/4 structure.

-BAR QUANTITY FEATURE: So, if the tempo thing is added, the song will be faster or slower and we will need more "notes" to complete the full song, so this feature will be combined with the tempo feature as well. Actually the game has 4 bars, with this feature i hope can be added up to 8 bars to make the song a little bit longer too

-TONE ADD: another suggestion is that can be added 2 more tones in the bass and the melody, to make 7 different tone notes instead of 5 that the bass and melody actually have. i mean, add 1 sharp tone at the top and one low tone at the bottom of this two instruments sections.

for example:

|_|1(new sharper tone)
|_|2
|_|3
|_|4
|_|5
|_|6
|_|7(new lower tone)

I've been thinking and this features will not affect so much on octavia's mechanics, because all builds we can make at least are full Duration, Strength, Range or something, and the song we play repeats more than three or four times within the skill time left, so if we make longer songs with 8 bars for example, with 30 seconds of ability duration, we can hear the full song with that 8 bars full of music and we can have more fun hearing, and composing songs, and if we want to make a little loop we will be able to do it too.

I hope you liked this ideas! :laugh:

PD: sorry my bad english if i wrote it bad tho.

With the current layout they probably couldn't add any additional bars though. 4 is already a pretty tight fit, so they'd have to change the layout, which probably ain't gonna happen.

However there's no reason not to add 2 more notes. It can already be annoying if you just spam a ton of random or just continuous notes, so this isn't going to make much difference in that regard.

hace 3 horas, Blundercorn dijo:

With the current layout they probably couldn't add any additional bars though. 4 is already a pretty tight fit, so they'd have to change the layout, which probably ain't gonna happen.

However there's no reason not to add 2 more notes. It can already be annoying if you just spam a ton of random or just continuous notes, so this isn't going to make much difference in that regard.

I thought the 8 bar thing like "another mandachord layer" separately with another 4 bars so that they do not need to change the "circle form" from actual layout.Then we can get 4 bars in one layer and 4 bars in another layer, with the option to skip one or various specific bars too, if the song we are making do not fit the 4/4 structure. What do you think?

Octavia maybe the most op frame in this game.  Life of Rio sitting in survival for hours in her channeling killing everything and everyone around here thinks Ember or Banshee is a problem what a joke.  Octavia is annoying beyond words.  Ability music is awful, ability graphics are awful, and she can sit there channeling and killing everything while everyone else stands around.  Nerf her Nerf that annoying disc jockey to the dirt.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)DevilishSix said:

Octavia maybe the most op frame in this game.  Life of Rio sitting in survival for hours in her channeling killing everything and everyone around here thinks Ember or Banshee is a problem what a joke.  Octavia is annoying beyond words.  Ability music is awful, ability graphics are awful, and she can sit there channeling and killing everything while everyone else stands around.  Nerf her Nerf that annoying disc jockey to the dirt.

That sounds like a negative attitude....

1) Octavia doesn't channel"  she casts buffs.

2) Octavia doesn't hog all the kill to herself.

3)Octavia doesn't lockdown the entire room... or the next few rooms... or an entire map.

4) octavia is incredibly fragile, and the damage she does purely depends on the damage dealt to the mote. So she'd not OP on her own, she's only OP if she gets enemies to attack the mote, which doesn't always happen because other players kill them first.

5)Everyone benefits from octavia's buffs.

6) Her buff durations aren't even long... she needs to constantly re-cast them.

7) the strength of her kit, is from the synergy it has. She's not OP because she just presses 1 button (like ember/banshee). She needs to actively play her entire kit, based on the situation. 

8) Her 3's buffs are only as strong, as people can stay to the beat.

9) you can mute her music

10) her visual effects can get a little annoying to most people... yeah... you're right about that one, though they don't personally bother me. 

TLDR: octavia doesn't deserve a nerf. Her str comes purely from the synergy of her kit, and actively playing her/upkeeping buffs, and being in rhythm to the mandachord music. All her buffs directly benefit her team, and she doesn't hog kills, nor does she lockdown the entire map. The damage she deals is dependant on enemies hitting her mote, which they don't always get to do. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

You wouldn't necessarily need more bars, if you could set it to play the bars it has in different orders with repetition. It would require some UI changes, but for example, if I could write 4 bars and have it play 1,2,1,2,3,4, that would go a long way toward opening up some of the songs I'd like to create.

hace 16 horas, ArcanElement dijo:

You wouldn't necessarily need more bars, if you could set it to play the bars it has in different orders with repetition. It would require some UI changes, but for example, if I could write 4 bars and have it play 1,2,1,2,3,4, that would go a long way toward opening up some of the songs I'd like to create.

Another song that i make, and another song that is 3/4 and i cannot finish it to make it loop, if could only they add at least an option to skip a bar from the 4 bars loop i will be happy :(

Unfortunately, the reason why 4/4 time was chosen was so that the ability could be synched across millions of players and millions of different 'songs' created by them. It's also for gameplay in that the literal most easy beat to perform actions to is 4/4 time. Every person in the world can adapt to 4/4 time unless their brain has a deficit to rhythm via a form of mental illness (and I say that without bigotry, some people are just wired differently).

But more notes and sustained notes should be feasible, I'll agree with that.

On 2/4/2018 at 7:46 PM, (Xbox One)DevilishSix said:

You know, normally I'd immediately shoot down stupid posts like this, but I'll step away.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

You know, normally I'd immediately shoot down stupid posts like this, but I'll step away.

Instead of being rude and attacking me personally, please explain why Octavia who is super strong deserves a pass but a weak frame like Ember gets destroyed.  Please do not give me the AOE argument, when I am defense missions and stand there as Octavia destroys everything just like an Ember frame would.  There is no difference in the end.  It's an AOE spam and destroys everything stealing kills.  It is Hypocritical to ask to destroy Ember's abilities and role in the game and not ask the same thing of other frames that can do the same thing and often times better.  There is alot of bias and unhealthy hate for Ember in these forums from those that want her nerfed.