Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 22.12.0: Weapons Changes Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

With the time for the two beams to converge and the one second delay before full damage means after you start shooting there's roughly three seconds before the weapon does its full damage. And since the spool up is per target, you have to take that three second each time you fire the gun again, and one second each time your beam misses.
Even compaired to other beam weapons the Convectrix take a long time to reach its damage potential.

The new one second damage spool up mechanic also basically cemented the weapons alt fire into uselessnes. Since it's not designed to stay on a target for a second to do the damage, and the damage is already halfed between the two beams, it means the alt fire does a whoping 5% damage to targets.

28 minutes ago, DawnFalcon said:

It's suitable for some weapons, with a CD on losing it, but not others.

Area weapons? Fine. Aiming? Uhm - especially if there's already other aiming mechanics like the Convetrix and Phage!

I've definitely felt the difference even with the Amprex - if you don't hold the trigger down and right on target...

I think aimed continuous weapons (eg Convectrix) should have a shorter ramp up time.

• 0.5 ramp up.
  • Excess ramp up becomes bonus damage? (You can design it so that if you expand the magazine size via mods, you'd get a bonus for "overheating" the target past the max ramp up counter)

il y a 24 minutes, (PS4)salovel1991 a dit :

If the amount of time to lose the ramp up is as short as most people are saying, then this will be a nightmare for console. Our aiming is already pretty bad since we don't have a mouse. With the sporadic movements some enemies can have beam weapons would just turn into a camping simulator so they could be effective. 

It is really a short amount of time .. And for my playstyle a real nightmare.. I'm moving a lot and sometimes just a small crosshair movement to another target and I just lost all my ramp up damage..

this literally nerfs EVERY beam weapon except for the ignis!!!!

NO NO NO!

revert this change immediately the ramp up can be 1 second but it should be on the weapon NOT PER TARGET!!

if you heat up a stove it doesn't lose all its heat if you put a new pot on it,

this change makes zero sense!!!

They finally managed to make beam weapons useable only to slap us with another nerf.

I seriously hope they revert tgis change because it doesnt make sense that a continously firing beam suddenly deals less damage just because you decided to attack a different target. 

All beam weapons deal much less damage for the first second because of this change, every ammo consumed in that time period is practically practice round.

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

Just to play devil's advocate, the stove doesn't lose all it's heat but it still takes awhile for a cold pan to go from cold to hot.

yeah,but their change is to suggest reseting the stove's heat... which is stupid

and there is seriously too many people on these forums playing devil's advocate exactly when its the incorrect time to do so...

Edited by iceyShardZ

Did some testing of damage ramp-up with my most-used beam weapons: Amprex and Ignis Wraith.

Amprex handles the ramp-up OK due to the otherwise boosted DPS. It kills stuff in the level 80-150 range faster than pre-rework, but much slower compared to yesterday.

Ignis Wraith suffered from this change though and is much more obnoxious to use. It already had relatively low DPS and, unlike Amprex, received no damage buffs in this update. This is somewhat unfair, especially for people who love this weapon and invested heavily in it.

The per-target ramp-up is awkward in general and heavily penalizes "missed shots". This is a huge deal as staying alive at high levels necessitates high mobility even when firing. Please consider at least adding some kind of cool-down (for example, damage resets only if the target is not damaged for 3 seconds). Of course, removing the mechanic altogether and simply tweaking base damage values for weapons that need balancing would be much simpler.

Edited by Cornelius.EE

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

If you don't like the mechanic, use ballistic weapons.

The choice is yours.

Beamweapons got extremly strong. this tradeoff is rightfully implemented

not fair for all the beam weapons,

i can see why this change can balance the amprex and the ignis,

but why hurt the flux/convectrix/glaxion because of this?????????????

and this is too drastic of a nerf!

this would make sense if the ramp up would start from 50% damage rather than 10%....

Edited by iceyShardZ

Just now, Walkampf said:

Because they are freakishly strong, when fully spooled up.

you don't see it do you?

this change does NOTHING to the already top tier beam weapons,and makes the average ones NOTHING compared to them,essentially creating a power creep between these weapons!

makes the already overpowered ones stronger and the average ones weaker,don't see ANYTHING wrong with that????

vor 2 Minuten schrieb iceyShardZ:

NOT WITH THE WEAPONS UNAFFECTED BY THIS CHANGE,

nobody has to aim with the @(*()$ ignis..........

Then reduce the damage ot the range of the ignis.

Removing the rampup whould not fix the does not solve the issue of the ignis being to strong, it just makes every other beamweapon just a problematic.

15 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

It is really a short amount of time .. And for my playstyle a real nightmare.. I'm moving a lot and sometimes just a small crosshair movement to another target and I just lost all my ramp up damage..

With consoles our aim isn't as free and headshots are already annoying. It's much slower as our aim is bound to an analog stick. Even standing still guiding an enemy can be a hassle. I can see this being a Harrow like situation. Being good for the team, but the team isn't good for you. I played on my friends pc. Pc players have much better ease of use when it comes down to aiming. By the time we have a single headshot lined up in aimglide our time is already almost up. This makes most console players not even bother and just use it for travel. Also diagnol aiming is pretty bad too. It's a completely different world..

2 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Then reduce the damage ot the range of the ignis.

Removing the rampup whould not fix the does not solve the issue of the ignis being to strong, it just makes every other beamweapon just a problematic.

before this change the ignis was comparable to those other weapons,but now it dodged a bullet that all the other beam weapons got to the face,

if they revert this change,the other beam weapons would be okay,and there would be no need to nerf the ignis,however if they don't,they would HAVE to nerf the ignis and the amprex in order to balance this,

and i don't think quite alot of people would be happy about it

Gerade eben schrieb iceyShardZ:

if they revert this change,the other beam weapons would be okay,and there would be no need to nerf the ignis,

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Walkampf: