Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quartakk feels bad to use now

alepap1995

6 hours ago, Sennera said:

I decided I liked the look and feel of the Quartakk and Stubba (its secondary counterpart, ofc) earlier this week, so I stuck 4 and 5 forma in each respectively and got my hands on Rivens to reroll for hybrid builds on each.

The Stubba wrecked this morning's level 100 Sortie Grineer nicely, but the Quartakk was terrible. In fact, it struggled against level 80-ish Kuva Flood Grineer.

After the changes I took the Quartakk into a Kuva Flood without touching ANYTHING about my build. It's significantly slower now, but it hits like a truck and has become just as powerful as the Stubba now. I was just thinking a couple days ago that the Quartakk would be perfect if it had more damage per shot, and that's what we got. The trade-off of fire rate took a little getting used to, but I used to run around with a Tigris Prime all the time so I'm personally fine with having to line up before pulling the trigger in a rhythmic manner.

Overall I'd call the changes a buff rather than a nerf.

Edit: I used the Simulacrum to recreate the level 100 Heavies and Bombards I took on in today's Sorties, then spent half an hour-ish taking turns mowing them down with my Stubba and Quartakk using body shots only (so that the difference in strength would be magnified.) My conclusion is that the Quartakk is definitely on par with my Stubba after today's update.

Oh I'm sure the Quartakk is plenty good at killing rn, but we're not talking about that, we're talking about how annoying the decrease in fire rate is, it's just so BLOODY INSUFFERABLE MATE, like you shoot once, you wait for a bit and hit the button again to find that it doesn't shoot anything because you're like 0.1 second behind for your next shot to be ready, now that's irritation. I don't mind the nerf in damage before, the buff in damage after this update doesn't really do much honestly, the game changer was actually the fire rate buff, that made the weapon feels better. 

I guess the Quartakk is a pretty devisive weapon. Which IMHO is good, every game needs a few love/hate weapons. For me the change is a bonus. It gives me better alpha strike and a reason to use Vigiliante fervor. Compared to its original version it has lost a few points of damage (2 points) but gained in accuracy and reload.
As it is it's a long-range boomstick, taking some aspects of snipers and some aspects of shotguns...which makes it quite unique, and gives alpha damage lovers a versatile option that's capable of rocking on the plains and in relatively tight confines.

10 minutes ago, fiendishrabbit said:

Compared to its original version it has lost a few points of damage (2 points) but gained in accuracy and reload.

It lost reload. It used to be 1.7, the patch increased that to 1.9. It was in an excellent condition prior to this most recent change. It seriously did not need to be reverted to such a horrible fire rate.

11 minutes ago, fiendishrabbit said:

I guess the Quartakk is a pretty devisive weapon. Which IMHO is good, every game needs a few love/hate weapons.

It's not that it's love/hate , it's that it got changed, that's the problem. People got invested in it.

What if they suddenly decided to change the sybaris for example from firing double shot to normal shot, some people would like it but most of the people who used the weapon the most will hate it.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:30 AM, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Honestly, I find current Quartakk decent, but I'd definitely like a 20-40% rof buff, even if we lost say 5-10 damage per pellet/bullet.

i'm sure it does well on its own, even so, it's such an annoying weapon to use right now. 

On 2/10/2018 at 5:30 PM, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Honestly, I find current Quartakk decent, but I'd definitely like a 20-40% rof buff, even if we lost say 5-10 damage per pellet/bullet.

Absolutely agreed. The rate of fire before v22.12 was released was reasonably acceptable for a high-power semi-auto weapon...but now it's back to being dull and tedious to use. If that rate of fire was returned, even with a slight reduction in damage, I would be fine with that. With the higher rate of fire and semi-auto trigger, it just felt better.

Honestly though, I feel the Quartakk really ought to have two modes of fire: Semi-auto and full-auto with appropriate advantages and disadvantages. Full-auto would gain high rate of fire at the expense of lower crit chance and accuracy - making it better suited for hosing mobs. Semi-auto mode would be as it is now - in addition to the ROF it had before v22.12, making it suitable for taking down stronger, single targets. With these changes, the Quartakk would be a more versatile, fun and interesting weapon than it is now.

Quartakk feels bad? *Checks his trusty quartakk*  Still hits like a truck, even more so in fact. Still procs status reliably and crits quite often. Still one-shots(well, one-quad-shots) everything but toughest eximi enemies. Still sounds like an artillery battery making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside with each shot. Nope, still awesome. =)

@DE: please guys, keep Quartakk as it is now, it is currently one of my favourite rifles in warframe. It looks awesome, sounds awesome and is rather unique while still being fun to use and effective at what it does.

I like it better slow firing myself. I mean the first buff they gave the weapon originally was punch through. They did that so it's slow firing was less of an issue. You could hit multiple targets in a line with a single shot. That was great I thought and for me the first buff was enough. The second change with the burst fire switches and it needing to have it's damage reduced because of the formula and all...it was fine but it wasn't the same. This feel's like what the weapon is supposed to be. It's a heavy hitter single shot weapon that rewards skill. Head shots give massive damage. With it's burst fire and decent cc it's entirely sensible to build hybrid. A crit dual status (corrosive,or viral) hunter munitions build just wreaks with this weapon. And even if the slash change proposed in 2.5 goes through it'll still be ok as it has a decent amount of slash damage. I still think this would be the optimal build.

I don't know. I get why people like spamming it with the lower damage higher fire rate and all that. But it wasn't in the spirit of the weapon.

This thing is a long range tight spread hek and I for one am just fine with that.

idk why DE change so much about this weapon fire rate from 1 shot to burst fire (quick firing) now back to slow fire rate 1 shot. DE really need to let this weapon alone the fire rate is the great thing about this gun in term of crowd control. but now instead of treating it like an assault rifle, treat it like a semi-auto sniper-battle rifle that it never meant to be. (joke on me, i like the high damage it shread pretty much anything under level 100 but that fire rate really killed me off)

1 hour ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

idk why DE change so much about this weapon fire rate from 1 shot to burst fire (quick firing) now back to slow fire rate 1 shot. DE really need to let this weapon alone the fire rate is the great thing about this gun in term of crowd control. but now instead of treating it like an assault rifle, treat it like a semi-auto sniper-battle rifle that it never meant to be. (joke on me, i like the high damage it shread pretty much anything under level 100 but that fire rate really killed me off)

It was never burst fire. It's always been what it is right now. Semi auto. It says burst fire now because of a formula problem. If it says semi auto and it fires four shots the game does division on the status chance between the bullets. This is why shotguns work how they do and why 100% status chance before multishot is a big deal. Anyhow by changing the weapon description to burst each bullet gets it's own status chance. But all the barrels have always fired all at once and will always fire all at once.

It's in the conversation for best semi auto rifle in the game. And frankly I believe it's quite a bit better than any of the others. I'd take it over any of the Latron series, The stradavr in semi auto the argonak in semi auto. 

It's a DMR without a scope.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:40 PM, Rekkou said:

Just equip Vile Acceleration, you get your fire rate back while still keeping most of the damage

I always hate to see required fire rate mods.  It's exactly like being told that the weapon will have one less mod slot than other guns.

I THINK I'll be able to fix this thing, but I'm still waiting for an auto-fire option that fires each barrel in series, sort of like a stacked quad Bofors.

Edited by Cytobel

11 hours ago, Siilk said:

Quartakk feels bad? *Checks his trusty quartakk*  Still hits like a truck, even more so in fact. Still procs status reliably and crits quite often. Still one-shots(well, one-quad-shots) everything but toughest eximi enemies. Still sounds like an artillery battery making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside with each shot. Nope, still awesome. =)

None of these points were the argument, the weapon is powerful now, it just feels slow compared to what it used to be(with speed trigger).

A lot of people are divided on this it seems, DE needs to make 2 firing modes, one slow but deadlier and one fast but with less damage.

14 hours ago, Siilk said:

@DE: please guys, keep Quartakk as it is now, it is currently one of my favourite rifles in warframe. It looks awesome, sounds awesome and is rather unique while still being fun to use and effective at what it does.

while i agree with you about the facts that you stated, but none of them sound like that relate to the main argument of this thread man.

how you said it, I have no idea what you think of the fire reversion, it certainly made it deals a lot less DPS, even with the damage buff, and imo, it is such a pain in the &#! to use right now. 

I don't mind it having this low rate of fire, just PLEASE GOD DAMN, make it into AUTO fire mode, because I just simply cannot stand the fact that I always miss the time to shoot my next shot because of the INSUFFERABLY LOW FIRE RATE!

You hit shoot once, then you hit again expecting the gun to shoot but IT DOESN'T because you're 0.01 second away from the gun being able to fire the next shot...If it's changed into Auto fire mode, we don't have to worry about that ordeal anymore. 

Tbh, I don't dislike the rof before, I do like the rather slow pace of it but it's still a damn pain to use because of the fire mode, it doesn't go well with the low rate of fire, I feel like I have to wait an extra eternity to fire another shot....

8 hours ago, SprinKah said:

while i agree with you about the facts that you stated, but none of them sound like that relate to the main argument of this thread man.

how you said it, I have no idea what you think of the fire reversion, it certainly made it deals a lot less DPS, even with the damage buff, and imo, it is such a pain in the &#! to use right now. 

Well, DPS is lower so the change is a nerf, I agree. But given burst damage is now higher, I don't mind the fire rate(and thus DPS) reduction as most enemies rarely need more than one shot anyway. It will take more time to deal with extremely meaty enemies and bosses but so far I haven't felt disappointed by this gun in any way, even nerfed it's still pretty damn good.

7 hours ago, SprinKah said:

I don't mind it having this low rate of fire, just PLEASE GOD DAMN, make it into AUTO fire mode, because I just simply cannot stand the fact that I always miss the time to shoot my next shot because of the INSUFFERABLY LOW FIRE RATE!

You hit shoot once, then you hit again expecting the gun to shoot but IT DOESN'T because you're 0.01 second away from the gun being able to fire the next shot...If it's changed into Auto fire mode, we don't have to worry about that ordeal anymore. 

Tbh, I don't dislike the rof before, I do like the rather slow pace of it but it's still a damn pain to use because of the fire mode, it doesn't go well with the low rate of fire, I feel like I have to wait an extra eternity to fire another shot....

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I usually try to feel the gun's rhythm but still misclick from time to time. Not sure if autofire will solve the problem though. Or rather if it will not introduce a new one: letting the button go a fraction of a second too late and firing an extra shot. I think the best way to counter the issue in the first place is to introduce an audio(or maybe even visual) cue signalling the gun is ready to fire. Say, an audible click of a new set of rounds being chambered or a "reload meter" not akin the bow draw indicator(except that quartakk's "draw" will be done automatically of course). I'd personally prefer the former but wouldn't mind the latter on top of it.

11 hours ago, alepap1995 said:

None of these points were the argument, the weapon is powerful now, it just feels slow compared to what it used to be(with speed trigger).

A lot of people are divided on this it seems, DE needs to make 2 firing modes, one slow but deadlier and one fast but with less damage.

Hm.. How about full auto being barrage mode firing each barrel individually one by one and a volley mode firing all four at once just like quartakk does now?

Edit: regarding the original arguments, my point was quartakk still feels awesome, regardless of the fire rate nerf. So from where I stand, the thread title seemed quite exaggerated.

Edited by Siilk

1 hour ago, Siilk said:

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I usually try to feel the gun's rhythm but still misclick from time to time. Not sure if autofire will solve the problem though. Or rather if it will not introduce a new one: letting the button go a fraction of a second too late and firing an extra shot. I think the best way to counter the issue in the first place is to introduce an audio(or maybe even visual) cue signalling the gun is ready to fire. Say, an audible click of a new set of rounds being chambered or a "reload meter" not akin the bow draw indicator(except that quartakk's "draw" will be done automatically of course). I'd personally prefer the former but wouldn't mind the latter on top of it.

I think auto fire will solve the issue because it will just shoot when it's ready to shoot, doesn't require you to keep track of when to hit the button anymore, that's a huge yes

I guess the audio click thing that you suggested may work perhaps too though. 

Though I gotta tell you, I think the recoil before all the changes really worked well with the slow rof, not sure though. Because after the gun coils back after shooting, it's probably ready to shoot again, as for right now, the gun only coils up just a little then comes down when you shoot, it doesn't match well like it did before

Edited by SprinKah

Honestly, the way I see with this weapon from my PoV with its patch changes is pretty much keep the damage as it is now but bump up the fire rate slightly to compensate for whatever loss it sustained from the previous iteration.

I don’t understand why we should have a debate about compromises between damage and fire-rate. The issue here, it seems, is its form factor which is a concern brought up by the decreased change to its fire rate. Just bump up the native fire rate slightly DE, and please, PLEASE stop it with the back and forth changes and this articulated belief you’re instilling into us that we have to/must compromise with patch changes of an either/or concept when the basic premise of bettering form factor can be concluded with slight buffs.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23