The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

REALLY GOOD BYE EMBER PRIME I NEED ALL PLAYER SUPPORT US TO RETURN EMBER AS WAS HE

yourguy_2009m

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

I would too, but I also understand that the reduced range was needed for WoF, as it did make things difficult for new players to have fun with the game. It is just a slap in the face to double energy costs.

Yeah, I see your point. I wouldn’t want to turn new players off to the game, and I’d say it was more of a double slap.

So many ignorant people on here saying she is only good for killing low tier mobs. Just shows you people have 0 clue on how to run ember in high end stuff and should really just shut up and get off these posts. High range with firequake and high efficiency let me survive in high end grineer missions but now I have half range and double energy consumption thanks to everyone in low tier crying about everything getting killed by one ember and DE saying its not fun. Yea well its not fun being in stupid low level missions at all DE since we have to farm prime parts in low level missions since you took out the endless void. Its boring and frankly stupid that the best stuff in the game is behind such a time vampire system that is boring and way too easy. No one wants to look at the real problem they just want to cry about people who trying to get through this asinine relic system as fast as possible

On 2/14/2018 at 10:20 AM, Harbinger81 said:

The current efficiency mod Fleeting Expertise  causes the energy draw of WoF to be too high and you need to add Primed Continuity and Constitution to counter that one negative...

Corrupted mods have a downside that is countered by other mods? That ain't new. Those mods aren't supposed to be double buffs.

On 2/14/2018 at 4:28 AM, Zhoyzu said:

ember was only good for killing trash on alerts

Edit: shes still good for clearing low level trash so like nothing changed

So wrong it's not even funny.  With Firequake Ember WAS a great CC Frame even into the highest levels of enemies.  Ironically, despite Firequake builds not being a problem for DE, it's the one build that got nailed the hardest due to the range changes.  

Most Firequake builds did NOT use range mods at all, they were at the flat 15 meters offered by the base power... now we can only CC things 7.5 meters away, what a joke.  

Alot has changed, you just didn't use the frame or weren't good at it... your comment shows that... I find it amusing it's always the ones with 5000 million forum posts who seem to know the least about what they're talking about.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

On 2/14/2018 at 4:38 AM, Thaylien said:

Ember (she) was good for lower level, and still is. The only thing you can't do now is expect to drop energy plates at the start of a level and blitz an entire exterminate on auto-pilot.

She can still do that just fine actually.  Despite that being the one reason DE went after her, it's easy to counter the changes if you actually were using a 'press 4 to win build'... swap your Power Strength Mods for Range Mods instead and it's like nothing ever happened due to the double damage.  Build for 100% more power range and take Intensify off and those cheese builds are actually better than before.  Primed Flow gives me like 550 Energy-ish - and having the Arcane Helmet brings it up to nearly 600.  I can slap energy pads down and run an exterminate without suffering any energy loss still... usually when I finish exterminates I'm sitting at 300+ energy left already, woo now it'll be 150 - DE failed at what they wanted to do.

Most people pissed about the nerf are Firequake builds, who relied on CC more than nuking the map.  The range debuff makes Firequake a joke now, 7.5 meters for CC is pretty crap, especially when you can only hit 8 targets at once.   It seems a vast majority of people don't understand this.  The one playstyle they didn't go after is the one that got wrecked. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

2 minutes ago, Lord_Yawgmoth said:

cc ember was only good for one thing

finishing  non-exterminate missions by just cc-ignoring the npcs and rushing through...

u dont need ember for that...jsut pick a stealth frame and they wont look at u either

I don't even know how to answer that.  What a poorly conceived argument based in falsehoods... I believe that is a Strawman argument.   That is not the only reason people used CC, not even by a longshot.  

Also telling people to play something else instead is basically the equivalent of conceding the changes have made her not viable.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb (PS4)lagrue:

I don't even know how to answer that.  What a poorly conceived argument based in falsehoods... I believe that is a Strawman argument.   That is not the only reason people used CC, not even by a longshot.  

Also telling people to play something else instead is basically the equivalent of conceding the changes have made her not viable.

how is that a strawman argument it s the same type of argument every whiner about the changes is bringing up

about telling ppl to play something else... u didnt get my point

ember was abused because of her utility on basically every type of mission while also being able to run through the map at the same time

she can still run through it now but her increased manacost and lower range if not constantly toggling her 4 make her less efficient now

which is not a problem banshee players cant go afk anymore either 

ofc there might be better ways to solve that issue...

but the thing is, this patch reduced the dominance of certain one button afk frames and maybe we can see more of the other frames too now

Edited by Lord_Yawgmoth

13 hours ago, -DARMAN- said:

-Snip-

Too right.  Ember was the go-to frame for the most lazy of players, and half of the complaints about her not scaling were basically these people wanting to take her 'push 4 and sleep-walk through the level' into the rest of the game.

Too bad that there are better players who could see her real faults, and devs who have better things to do than make the game even easier for those already taking the easiest option, the result being that exactly what needed to happen to her has.  Now she scales fine for those who make an effort at playing the game, outside of crutching on single abilities, and it was also managed while making her a bit less of a fun-sucking kill-***** for everyone else at low levels.

With any luck we'll lose some players over this, and it'll be no great loss, because far more new players will now get to enjoy the early game, and stick around to replace them.

They were perfectly capable of soloing all those alerts and invasions by themselves for the end rewards, instead of taking the fun out of the game for everyone with the misfortune to end up in a group with them, but they just had to rub the fact that they could kill everything by themselves in other people's faces.  They brought this on themselves.  Good riddance to them.

Meanwhile the rest of us have all the buffs we need to make Ember a more than capable frame:

• Fireball has become a useful short duration CC thanks to guaranteed fire procs and an AoE, and it can be used to keep doing damage during reload cycles, and even while shooting.
  • Fire Blast gets CC through a knockdown and guaranteed fire procs, and provides a boost to the non-fire portion of weapon damage, in combination with Accelerant's debuff.
  • WoF stops being an always on CC, and instead becomes the 'oh-S#&$' button for those times you're getting overwhelmed, with more strength to synergise with Accelerant, and it's now in line with what other frames have as their 4th ability in terms of what its intended use is:  A next level ability with a cost to match its power, to use in clutch situations.

She's fun to play if you accept the challenge of actually having to use more than one ability, and some skills like moving and shooting instead of relying on CC and damage that's done for you, and that fun translates into less of the grind you were trying to skip with WoF in the first place.

Edited by polarity
Removed Rude Comment in quote

On 2/14/2018 at 2:51 PM, yourguy_2009m said:

DEAR DE 

thanks to much for decrease EMBER PRIME  power   it was  the  best powerful warframe we have if you have the right to increase or decrease abilities we also have the right to stay or leave WARFRAME so i will be the first i leave warframe because you want to control us but really we can also control you so i hope from other player support me to return ember as was he 

best regards 

shawky morgan 

giphy.gif

Oh no they give me an incentive to use the other abilitys noooo.
Flash accelerant is still a thing and the fire blast is a good knockback.

By the way there is still the thing with toggeling it on and off ....
If that isnt a selling point change to maim equinox and use the 4 again if something is tanky.

il y a 3 minutes, Wind_Blade a dit :

Oh but ..... i get a new point !!!!

18021607171954553.png

She had still a good cc with his augment so ... we don't care too much about his area damage just take equinox she is better

Your forgot the: Someone is overracting super hard about something.

Like if Ember was killed by a rework which make her able to play with more range (Spam 2 2win) without giving up her ult. Meh.

il y a 1 minute, Chimiasai a dit :

Your forgot the: Someone is overracting super hard about something.

Like if Ember was killed by a rework which make her able to play with more range (Spam 2 2win) without giving up her ult. Meh.

I know but i don't cheat i put only one point by topic :D it's too easy instead :p