Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please buff mote amp

JohnKable

I get it, 

i get that players are supposed to have some sort of drive into ugrading their amp and farming for that.

but mote amp is just terrible, you have an hard time even killing the small ones with it.

Damage is okish but fire rate is insane, it just feels bad and frustrating using it.

alot of people instead of farming for upgrading it will just find the game mode too frustrating and skip it. or jump in groups and hope to be carried.

and thats both the first and Second problem with it, people with mote do not contribute at all for killing the Eidolons. And so far ive found only 4 groups without atleast 1 mote amp.

these guys should feel they are doing something, and the squad should feel the same. As it is now the game is just forcing mote players to join groups to look at others actually doing the job, and is also forcing people doing eidolon with randoms to actually run in a 2-3 man squad.

so please halven its fire rate, add a secondary fire or fix it in any so its a downgraded Quill amp and not just a joke 

3 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

I don't know what are you talking about, i used the mote amp while hunting eidolons, and had 0 issues with it, i even ended up top dps often (as Harrow).
There are better amps, but the Mote amp is not bad by any means.

People only consider it bad because it doesn't have an AoE impact like the others do.  I agree though, Mote Amp is actually fine at what it does, though I think when it comes to Eidolon, alot of people like to not have to aim as much, shooting a Shwaak you will almost never miss, but Mote requires some precision and effort on your part.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

1 minute ago, Nakrast said:

I don't know what are you talking about, i used the mote amp while hunting eidolons, and had 0 issues with it, i even ended up top dps often (as Harrow).
There are better amps, but the Mote amp is not bad by any means.

I used mote amp aswell for quite some time. With introducition of the new eidolons with much larger shield pool the difference is enormous.

for teralyst is still bad but not that much, for the big ones is another story because more time to kill could mean failure to hunt all 3.

also about damage you will be doing very small amounts of damage anyways, a couple of crit headshot on grineers can give you damage lead in the scoreboard because those 2 shots did dozen of times the damage taken by a teralys because of its damage reduction

On 2/13/2018 at 12:43 AM, taiiat said:

completing the Teralyst engagement with Mote Amps is totally doable and there's absolutely nothing wrong or world endingly painful 360 uninstall the game about it.

just go do the Teralyst engagement with the Mote Amp. you'll be fine. everyone that crafted their Amp from doing Teralyst engagements already did it just fine. in terms of outright DPS sans Arcanes all of the Amp Types are pretty close to each other anyways. the types that can Multi-hit are notably more powerful for sure, but either way a Squad of only Mote Amps will complete the Teralyst engagement just fine.

1 minute ago, JohnKable said:

for teralyst is still bad but not that much, for the big ones is another story because more time to kill could mean failure to hunt all 3.

why are you trying to do the Advanced Hunt with the starter Equipment? in what way is that complaint reasonable? stick with the basic Hunt until you're comfortable with that fight and have also made yourself an Amp.

Edited by taiiat

4 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

People only consider it bad because it doesn't have an AoE impact like the others do.  I agree though, Mote Amp is actually fine at what it does, though I think when it comes to Eidolon, alot of people like to not have to aim as much, shooting a Shwaak you will almost never miss, but Mote requires some precision and effort on your part.  

Its not about aim, an eidolon is pretty hard to Miss. The fact is that youll be recharging energy 2 times more than you actually fire. In most cases doing 1/4 or even less the damage of an upper tier amp

1 minute ago, _o_Gambit_o_ said:

I remember many squads all with mote doing just fine on the teralyst.  And getting standing to build the next amp is easy.  Mote is not made to take down Eidolons and where it is currently is just right.  I feel.

Do the gantulyst or hydro with 3 mote amps in squad, good luck with it.

making groups is the solution, sure. But since now we have built in game grouping... why making so the whole group can do its job?

2 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

making groups is the solution, sure. But since now we have built in game grouping... why making so the whole group can do its job?

There are two pub options teralyst only or capping all three.  If your going into the all 3 with the mote amp you will be sorry.  And any cordnated runs should not be done in pubs.  Use recruit chat or clan/alliance.  There are even groups forming on the discord raid school bus.  Using pubs puts you in a position to run into people with mote,  yep.  Can' stop the leech, but there are many ways to avoid it.  Mote amp is good at what it was made for, getting the next amp.  No reason to change it.

hace 18 minutos, JohnKable dijo:

Dont like people with mote (totally understandable , they shouldnt be allow to do teralyst ... but DE dont believe in progression ... the new ones need to participate in any content not matter how little effor they do ) go to recruit , its not hard to get people . Mote amp should be bad , its like you asking that Mk1-Paris can be compare with meta weapons ...

That's fine I will carry for the teralyst. Have since it came out. Don't join the 3 together though if you have it especially if you have never done them at all before and die 5 times in 2 minutes to the teralyst.

An amp is pretty cheap and i literally shouted " looking for help on teralyst to get rid of this mote amp "and got people to help me. I don't think it needs a buff it's fine as is. It doesn't take long to upgrade to a better one.

2 hours ago, JohnKable said:

I get it, 

i get that players are supposed to have some sort of drive into ugrading their amp and farming for that.

but mote amp is just terrible, you have an hard time even killing the small ones with it.

Damage is okish but fire rate is insane, it just feels bad and frustrating using it.

alot of people instead of farming for upgrading it will just find the game mode too frustrating and skip it. or jump in groups and hope to be carried.

and thats both the first and Second problem with it, people with mote do not contribute at all for killing the Eidolons. And so far ive found only 4 groups without atleast 1 mote amp.

these guys should feel they are doing something, and the squad should feel the same. As it is now the game is just forcing mote players to join groups to look at others actually doing the job, and is also forcing people doing eidolon with randoms to actually run in a 2-3 man squad.

so please halven its fire rate, add a secondary fire or fix it in any so its a downgraded Quill amp and not just a joke 

But y though... If you're farming the eidolon, you're going to eventually, and quite quickly, get a new amp. Especially with the new eidolons. 

We all originally started with mote amps, but we farmed for new ones. Why does it need to be buffed when you can very easily get a new one? 

I wouldn't be opposed to us being able to buff its Stats by Gilding it, yet at the same time, we need a reason to build the other Amps.

So, for now, it's fine. It's basically like the MK1 weapons, an introductory weapon that can later be replaced by better versions.

I guess making it so we could build a stronger version with the old Gilded Mote Amp as a crafting component.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

1 hour ago, Talinthis said:

That's fine I will carry for the teralyst. Have since it came out. Don't join the 3 together though if you have it especially if you have never done them at all before and die 5 times in 2 minutes to the teralyst.

An amp is pretty cheap and i literally shouted " looking for help on teralyst to get rid of this mote amp "and got people to help me. I don't think it needs a buff it's fine as is. It doesn't take long to upgrade to a better one.

i agree on everything you and other people said. Its MK1 of amps and you can upgrade it rather quickly now.
But with a MK1 weapon as long as you keep upgrading your mods it allows you to pull your own weight in the content it is designed for and you can clear the whole starchat with a modded mk1 wep.
The bad side of mote amp is that you can actually kill the teralyst with it, but you also can join groups for the 3 eidolons and its damage (especially with 2 in team) will slow down the capture by alot, usually making hard or even impossible to defeat the hydrolist just because of TIME and not because you absolutely cant kill it with mote amp.
Im more likely for buffing it, but either that or not showing those players the group for triple hunt should be taken into account. Sure i can join teams in recruitment, but since the option to queue exists in game i really care about it being useful.

Also i like doing with randoms because im decently pumped im glad to do with people that cant find a team because they dont have chroma or trinity.