Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators need a name

-PP-Eos

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:55 PM, AJman14 said:

There's no need for the game to pronounce your name. It doesn't pronounce your username thus far, why would it try to pronounce your operator's name?

Easy fix is to have the operator's name in the GUI health menu, and in the player overview. (hit escape, hover over the player)

because ordius say "Operator" duh.

On 18/02/2018 at 8:34 PM, krc473 said:

The problem with that: what happens when everyone in your squad has the same name for their operator, say, James. Then you have four people named 'James' running around, and no one knows who is who. They would likely have to have unique names to avoid confusion.

Then we have to work by (Monty Python) Australian rules.

Edited by Teoarrk
Realised that people might take the video the wrong way.

I would live to name my operator, I think that's a great idea. I've become quite attached to mine and would live to give her a name officially. Gamer tags make for pretty weird names most of the time and I've always thought of them more as code names then as the real name our character has.

I don't think it would be a huge deal to put another name on top of the gamertag when the operator pops out. Its a small thing but I know it would make me really happy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/02/2018 at 3:26 PM, EOS6 said:

Hello !

As says the title, operators need a name.
This question did only hit me after a few hundred of hours post- Second Dream quest, and especially as I decided to take more time to fight those giant beasts AKA teralysts (and its bigger mates).

We can customize OPs, make them either male or female-like with multiple options like face, voice, and suit. We even got magus arcanes for them, but still, they are only a flesh puppet. I got attached to my female (-like) operator, and got her some cool stuff. Now that I am really attached to her, i'd like to give her a name. I mean, yeah, i already have a pseudo, identifying myself. But warframes have names,  Zaws and even weapons have names, and not the operator ?

Maybe that name ccould be shown when you're in operator mod ?

Please DE, take the time to think about it. Also, I'd like to have the point of view from other players. Would you like to name your operator ?

Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Like our account names are more like code-names for our operator. Where as an actual name 4 operators themselves feels really personal. I hope DE DOES it shouldn't be too hard I hope. 

• 1 month later...

I would love to be able to give my Operator a name (and I'm glad I'm not the only one, lol.) I mean, I kind of already had a name in mind my Operator, but (like several people said above) it feels weird to be able to name a Kubrow/Kavat/weapon, but not be able to do the same for my Operator, especially in light of all the other aspects of the Operator that we get to customize, lol.

As for the whole "but what if you run into other players/squadmates using the same Operator name" thing, if I'm remembering correctly, every sentinel used in mission are not only tagged with its name, but the name of the player it belongs to: "HELIOS PRIME (dizzymoon22)" I don't see how the same couldn't work for Operators as well.