Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime it's the Fang Prime for Primary.

m3stuart

17 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

In my experience soma prime has never really been that useful past like level 60 enemies. Not compared to other weapons. Is it less useful now compared to before?

Basically the amount of primaries that can both match or exceed it in raw damage, while also having more reliable status chance has jumped drastically. It's not any less powerful then before but the standards have been raised across the board.

49 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Basically the amount of primaries that can both match or exceed it in raw damage, while also having more reliable status chance has jumped drastically. It's not any less powerful then before but the standards have been raised across the board.

So it is still a viable option but not necessarily the "better than all the other similar weapons" choice anymore?

18 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

So it is still a viable option but not necessarily the "better than all the other similar weapons" choice anymore?

The problem is moreso that the Soma Prime is now a fair bit *behind* a range of other weapons. Not by much, though. They should have just given it the same treatment they gave weapons like the Prisma Grakata and upped its damage by a few points. That's all it would really need, especially given it's crit based.

Edited by XaoGarrent

2 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

The problem is moreso that the Soma Prime is now a fair bit *behind* a range of other weapons. Not by much, though. They should have just given it the same treatment they gave weapons like the Prisma Grakata and upped its damage by a few points. That's all it would really need, especially given it's crit based.

Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying.

On 2/21/2018 at 2:03 AM, m3stuart said:

Soma Prime needs some love. As a "machine-gun" type of weapon, it's literally the worst, only supprasing it's normal variant, and not by far.

Had to test it myself, to see how bad Soma Prime is right now. I compared it to all my other weapons of this type ( Prisma Gorgon, Tenora, Supra Vandal ) and Karak Wraith as a small other comparation. Prisma Gorgon, Tenora, Supra vandal just out damages Soma by far, while karak Wraith with only 2 formas in it, still manages to do as good as Soma Prime, if not better. I have enough formas to fit all my mods in my builds, and it feels sad that Soma Prime was better than Gorgon,Supra, but now they're variants just take over.

(4 forma Prisma Gorgon, 4 forma Tenora, and 2 Supra Vandal ) and 3 Formas in Soma Prime,

Why didn't Soma Prime get buffed alongside the other Machine-Gun type of weapons? It's literally the Fang Prime of Primary Weapons, only suprassing in damage it's own counterpart.

The only reason I am saying "Soma Prime is the Fang Prime of Primaries" is not a true statement is because Soma Prime can actually kill high level enemies in a reasonable time. While I would have liked it to receive buffs so that it keeps up with the other Prime weapons that got buffed, it wasn't nerfed. Therefore, it's still a good weapon that can kill high level content when built for crit/status or crit/vigilante/Huntermunitions.

Where as Fang Prime has terrible crit stats, terrible status stats, and terrible damage. It has zero scaling.

Compounding that, a lot of the weapons that received buffs also had their Mastery Rank increased. Soma Prime didn't have a mastery rank increase. So if Soma Prime is still MR7 and Tenora is MR10, it would seem logical that Soma P < Tennora. I don't like how a vaulted rifle like the Soma Prime is about on par to the much easier to get Grakata...

Edited by (PS4)DBR87

It is not useless as Fang prime, cuz it is true crap. Soma is still good and have a very nice feel to it. Almost classic. But there are assault rifle that perform a bit better now. My 7 forma Dera Vandal with good riven wrecks 10 level 125 corrupted bombards in seconds. So i use that. But still Soma is good. 

10 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Soma Prime, Mastery 7

This is the problem. It's practically no different from the base Soma. 

The gun should have had much higher mastery rating. It's a prime weapon!

Of course, they gave the thing away for like two months, but still...

It's a prime weapon and should be significantly better than the base gun and it isn't.