The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Spectral Scream work like Beam weapons.

Buzkyl

Spectral scream is still bad (even with Vex armor) in both DPS and status chance. However with the changes to beam weps it's possible to make a status beam that also deals respectable damage.

So can Spectral Scream work with primary/secondary mods and it's damage be calculated like the newly buffed beam weapons? 

This can also be passed onto effigy's elemental breath.

Thoughts?

48 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Ok that might actually do it for me. Would Spectral Scream proc other elemental damage types if affected by mods?

Preferably yes, however to maintain the Fire/Ice/Elec/Toxin aspect those respective elements would proc regardless of element. 

So an electric chroma with corrosive weaponry would proc Corrosive+electric procs. Would allow for more usage as a status tool.

Edited by Buzkyl

7 hours ago, MrTitan123 said:

Yep, that’s actually a good idea. As someone who wants to see every ability used equally, this idea really sticks. You can’t combine elements with chroma, so it wouldn’t be too overpowered by instant melting corrupted bombards. Yeah, this could work.

It can't be overpowered when weapons like Amprex melt hoardes in seconds even at higher levels

4 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

It can't be overpowered when weapons like Amprex melt hoardes in seconds even at higher levels

I say why not be overpowered, considering you completely drop your primary to use it in the first place jus like landslide. It seems fitting.

Edited by Jinryusai

7 hours ago, Jinryusai said:

I say why not be overpowered, considering you completely drop your primary to use it in the first place jus like landslide. It seems fitting.

Yes making chroma's dragonbreath be a pseudo primary would be a great boost to his usability.

9 minutes ago, Dark_Roxas said:

OR change spectral scream to an elemental projectile and make inmission elemental changing possible

With that this in the forma of an augment. The method of changing elements is a separate issue. Right now I just want to address Spectral scream being lackluster as a DPS tool and as a status tool. It's usability being able to afford full movement was a great QoL change but it's numbers still need tweaking.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

How does spectral scream not deal damage like beam weapons...

Isn't spectral scream essentially a skill-based ignis? 

Right? It sure should be. Although they did change Ignis as well supposedly.  Now it's not a cone of damage apparently but a beam with an AoE attack at the end. Which, lame

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

How does spectral scream not deal damage like beam weapons...

Isn't spectral scream essentially a skill-based ignis? 

Probably when DE  was revisitng beam weapons they forgot to revisit things emulating beam weapons, such as Operator Amps and Chroma Spectral Scream. Both of those things are still in thier Pre-rework state.

Also i'm delighted this idea caught on so quick.

1 hour ago, Buzkyl said:

Probably when DE  was revisitng beam weapons they forgot to revisit things emulating beam weapons, such as Operator Amps and Chroma Spectral Scream. Both of those things are still in thier Pre-rework state.

Also i'm delighted this idea caught on so quick.

i wonder how scream would have worked with the beam update considering its high(base) dmg/low fire rate

Edited by TKDancer

On 22/02/2018 at 12:39 PM, Buzkyl said:

Spectral scream is still bad (even with Vex armor) in both DPS and status chance. However with the changes to beam weps it's possible to make a status beam that also deals respectable damage.

So can Spectral Scream work with primary/secondary mods and it's damage be calculated like the newly buffed beam weapons? 

This can also be passed onto effigy's elemental breath.

Thoughts?

So a bit more like an actual beam "breath" e.g.

Image result for shin godzilla beam scene

With a final flourish of 

Image result for shin godzilla beam scene

On 3/13/2018 at 3:13 PM, TKDancer said:

i wonder how scream would have worked with the beam update considering its high(base) dmg/low fire rate

It would be really strong for most of the games content damage-wise. The problem is its range is abysmal, so it would basically be the shotgun class of the beam weapon world.

the fact that we can do more then hobble around now while it’s active helps with the maneuverability problem immensely, but we would still need to be point blank to do damage, and since his rework to be a weaker self buffer, that’s a little risky unless you sink all mods into strength, making him an even better killer with it (since it scales with vex armor’s buff now) but ensuring you have no power range mods.

This is all assuming you decide to not go the narrow minded route for more duration as well lol.

Lightning chroma feels this pain the worst, on top of being inately weaker then fire and ice.

edit: just to be clear I like his 1 potentially becoming a high damage shotgun compared to the other beams, I was just stating the inherent trade offs to chroma’s builds. Thanks for your patience!

Edited by BigPapiPimp