Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron: Can we just... get it from the market?

Tellakey

Seriously, what's so special about this weapon that it only flickers through the night sky once every millennium when the stars are right and our lord Cthulhu rises from the depths of sunken R'lyeh? 

It's a middling weapon, a mastery fodder. During Plague Star I skipped it entirely, believing I had mastered it because apparently it doesn't even show up in the profile window for someone who doesn't have it.

Can we, like, just throw it in the market and be done with this? O_O

P.S: Cthulhu phtagn!

Edited by Tellakey

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

Quoted from the wiki

If that's the real reason, it's the most stupid one I've ever seen

B-but... Snipetron Vandal is a thing O_O And besides... Corpus enemies already use Snipetron!

Edited by Tellakey

20 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

During Plague Star I skipped it entirely, believing I had mastered it because apparently it doesn't even show up in the profile window for someone who doesn't have it.

Same story here - either they should add it in market or at least show every weapon under your profile if its mastered or not

il y a 17 minutes, -skimmer- a dit :

Some people just cant handle the exclusivity of certain weapons. They give you Snipetron and next time you demand Braton Vandal.

People are already demanding for braton vandal to come back.

And as I said in another thread, locked content shouldn't be a thing.

Just now, Trichouette said:

People are already demanding for braton vandal to come back.

...and then it goes all the way to Excalibur prime.

Both Snipetron and Braton Vandal will come back in an event eventually. Stick around and you will get them.

However, locked content is already a thing. Backer stuff is never coming back.

Waiting a bit for an event exclusive stuff to come back in another event is a reasonable step down from that in comparison.

54 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

During Plague Star I skipped it entirely, believing I had mastered it because apparently it doesn't even show up in the profile window for someone who doesn't have it.

Honestly, and this is not to intentionally sound harsh but, I can't find any sympathy for this sentiment. 

If the assumption was these rewards for the event were commonplace, why exactly would they be offered by a brand new, time-limited event? Why would, for example, random market weapon blueprints be part of this event? A quick 5-second search would've told you they were not. And another quick 5-second search of your profile would've shown you that you had not mastered them.

Honestly if you cared so little to look into it for even a few seconds, clearly you didn't care enough that you missed the weapons. As such, they already stated Plague Star will return, so the best course of action is to take it as a lesson and get it the next time around. 

11 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Locked content can be very tricky and detrimental to a large majority of the playerbase.
However, this isn't locked content, it's time-limited. It will come back. And personally, I find absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You Can get it from the market!

Warframe.market ;) only costs like 60 platinum ;)

Seriously though... there are some snipers you can get from in-game market.

Here's some advice on being happy: accept things the way they are.

Accept life and reality the way it is, and work with that.

Do this instead of always wishing for what is not...

Fact is: if the snipetron vandal were as easily accessible as you want it to be you would wish for another thing to also be easy...

Bruce Lee "Do not pray for an easy life... pray for the strength to ensure a hard one"...

John f Kennedy "we do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard!"

Edited by helioth137
Spelling

1 hour ago, Tellakey said:

Seriously, what's so special about this weapon that it only flickers through the night sky once every millennium when the stars are right and our lord Cthulhu rises from the depths of sunken R'lyeh? 

It's a middling weapon, a mastery fodder. During Plague Star I skipped it entirely, believing I had mastered it because apparently it doesn't even show up in the profile window for someone who doesn't have it.

Can we, like, just throw it in the market and be done with this? O_O

P.S: Cthulhu phtagn!

giphy.gif

Sorry, no complaints here. :satisfied:

il y a 55 minutes, -skimmer- a dit :

...and then it goes all the way to Excalibur prime.

Both Snipetron and Braton Vandal will come back in an event eventually. Stick around and you will get them.

However, locked content is already a thing. Backer stuff is never coming back.

Waiting a bit for an event exclusive stuff to come back in another event is a reasonable step down from that in comparison.

There is a huge difference between "founder exclusive items" and "locked content". Here I am talking about the locked content.

il y a 52 minutes, Azlen a dit :

However, this isn't locked content, it's time-limited. It will come back. And personally, I find absolutely nothing wrong with that.

"time limited" as in "maybe next week or maybe in 3 years"...

il y a 31 minutes, -skimmer- a dit :

You will have to explain in detail.

Shouldnt be too difficult if the difference indeed so "huge".

Don't you see any issue with new players joining the game and finding (in the codex / wiki) about cool weapons they really would like to play with but... hey look, that one is unobtainable in game and that one requires 700 daily login.

It's a bit the same with excalibur prime, (which is why I hate & find stupid founder programs that aren't available after a duration) but DE has stated a billion times they won't come back.

On the other hand, some content is locked / time locked, it'll come back, but some players won't even be here anymore when it'll be available again.

I think of have two of the vandles at this point. I still dont use it.

>-> when they remove raids, people are going to ask the same thing about the raid exclusive stuff if they never add it back in.

its also kinda like the badges for events.

the machete however probably should be added back considering it has a stance class named after it.

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Don't you see any issue with new players joining the game and finding (in the codex / wiki) about cool weapons they really would like to play with but... hey look, that one is unobtainable in game and that one requires 700 daily login.

It's a bit the same with excalibur prime, (which is why I hate & find stupid founder programs that aren't available after a duration) but DE has stated a billion times they won't come back.

On the other hand, some content is locked / time locked, it'll come back, but some players won't even be here anymore when it'll be available again.

So the difference isnt really so huge, is it?

Now if its totally ok to lock out some exclusive stuff forever, you will have to explain why its so wrong to have some stuff available only from select few returning events.

il y a 7 minutes, -skimmer- a dit :

Now if its totally ok to lock out some exclusive stuff forever, you will have to explain why its so wrong to have some stuff available only from select few returning events.

Because DE said that one thing won't return.

The other items however will come back someday and nobody knows.

I don't find it ok to have exclusive item (excal prime) but this one is truly exclusive while the others (like snipetron) are supposed to come back with events.

(on top of it, this one was removed potentially for lore issue which is... dumb)