Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have a problem with the current state of clans...I think?

Hamco.io

First thing first, no name calling here, but I just want to get some discussions started about the current states of many clans/discords in the game atm.

Bit of a background of myself, I'm a returning player and was looking for a clan to catch up. After joining a clan (as well as several discords) and settling in, I'm kinda thrown into the deep end along with some other new players that joined recently. I personally have no issue solo through content, but looking at the newbies I just kinda feel bad for them. Most of "veteran" clan members just prefer to stick with their usual groups/friends, which I mean is understandable, but I just feel the vibe of "git good by yourselves or leave" from them. Discord is normally quiet, and most of the time new players are just too afraid to ask (and even if they do they don't get much of a response). I just don't think many experienced clan members care about new members while the ambassadors/marketing people of the clan worked their asses off. 

So yeah, I'm just feeling bad for the new players of the game who wanted to join a clan so they can learn but was tossed aside. Either the whole idea of clans is getting superficial, or I'm getting superficial, but anyways, I need to get some help :)

4 minutes ago, H3aN said:

First thing first, no name calling here, but I just want to get some discussions started about the current states of many clans/discords in the game atm.

Bit of a background of myself, I'm a returning player and was looking for a clan to catch up. After joining a clan (as well as several discords) and settling in, I'm kinda thrown into the deep end along with some other new players that joined recently. I personally have no issue solo through content, but looking at the newbies I just kinda feel bad for them. Most of "veteran" clan members just prefer to stick with their usual groups/friends, which I mean is understandable, but I just feel the vibe of "git good by yourselves or leave" from them. Discord is normally quiet, and most of the time new players are just too afraid to ask (and even if they do they don't get much of a response). I just don't think many experienced clan members care about new members while the ambassadors/marketing people of the clan worked their asses off. 

So yeah, I'm just feeling bad for the new players of the game who wanted to join a clan so they can learn but was tossed aside. Either the whole idea of clans is getting superficial, or I'm getting superficial, but anyways, I need to get some help :)

as a noob i learnt a lot from region chat, and honestly i was fine. region is full of very helpful people. but then again i was in the asia region which is slower and much nicer/less toxic than north america region

Edited by Ragingwasabi

Hey mate, it's not like that with all clans so don't worry.

I guess you've had some bad luck picking a clan. It's simple: Don't feel good after being in the clan for a while? Look for another until you find one that suits you.

By the way, you could add me and ask for help whenever I'm on, love to help.

Do keep in mind I might not have a lot of time the upcoming week because of real life matters but I'll be available much more after.

Good luck.

Sounds like a very specific issue you had with a particular clan, an incident that in no way could be taken as a widespread phenomenon.

Don't like a clan? just leave and look for one that fits your ideals, or create yours. I have buddies that have joined large clans and they have enough incentives to stay there, either play groups, prizes, giveaways etc.

So basically this is a venting post and hardly feedback on the current state of clans, also DE has little control on what people do within them, anyways.

Just now, Ragingwasabi said:

as a noob i learnt a lot from region chat, and honestly i was fine. region is full of very helpful people. but then again i was in the asia region which is slower and much nicer/less toxic than north america region

Ah, glad to see you are having a good time at the regional chat (I'm in Asia too), for some reason it is just a lot quieter than I originally remembered. Now given that many people from other games (*cough* destiny *cough*) are migrating to Warframe I'm just not sure how we can handle it.

2 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Sounds like a very specific issue you had with a particular clan, an incident that in no way could be taken as a widespread phenomenon.

Don't like a clan? just leave and look for one that fits your ideals, or create yours. I have buddies that have joined large clans and they have enough incentives to stay there, either play groups, prizes, giveaways etc.

So basically this is a venting post and hardly feedback on the current state of clans, also DE has little control on what people do within them, anyways.

4 minutes ago, VirtualPeanut said:

Hey mate, it's not like that with all clans so don't worry.

I guess you've had some bad luck picking a clan. It's simple: Don't feel good after being in the clan for a while? Look for another until you find one that suits you.

By the way, you could add me and ask for help whenever I'm on, love to help.

Do keep in mind I might not have a lot of time the upcoming week because of real life matters but I'll be available much more after.

Good luck.

I thought it was a particular case as well but I looked around for some other discords and got similar results. And by needing help I don't mean that I need help in game, I can handle most of the content myself no problem. I just felt bad for the new comers, and the only help I need is with this issue of ranting about everything (sorry for being so negative D:)

A problem I had in past clans, before I found my current one, was how they avoided the clan chat like it was the plague, instead requiring us to be on voice comms all the time to participate in the most basic game activities. If you didn't feel like hearing voices all the time while playing well too bad. There were quiet channels, but then again if you were on it you'd miss all the action.

But then I found my current clan and it was a godsend. people use the chat as well as voice. I guess you just have to find your ideal clan like I did!

Clans are mainly only good for weapons development anyways. You could probably get a good discussion going in the group chat but otherwise you can't control how people behave. After awhile people become jaded and find it difficult to maintain things like relationships with hundreds of people and prefer their clique. It's one of those "Its not you its me" things. I would suggest banding together with other noobies or returning players. You'd have matching goals and progress. People forge bonds through hardship.

I've been a clan leader in FPS and RPG type games for over 15 years.  A bit about clans in this game and in general...

There's a general issue with long standing clans in Warframe that leads to what the OP writes of.  Any clan with "all the things" research wise will have a core group of higher or max rank players that are your daily LoR/raids (lol) or Sortie runners.  They have all the gear and their interest in the game lies in the higher end content.    

Imagine spending just as much time working on your 18 loadouts as you do actually playing the game. 

So those players don't have much incentive to help mentor new players that join their clan.  It's a real drag being asked to come in and carry 3 members of your 100 member clan on a lower level mission, that you don't even know will be playing the game in 3 months when you'd rather be farming war hilts on Lua.  Back in the old days of this game, if you had a Frost, all you did was help lower ranked clan members on Void defense and ODD.

Often times, you'll only see big recruitment drives for older clans when new content comes out because they need to replace all the players they just kicked out for being idle and need new blood to help them farm.  

Since Solar rails went dormant there isn't an incentive to really mentor new players in this game since you can solo so much of it and you only need 3 to 6 hardcore players on your friends list to make things happen.  

That and there's like millions of vids on Youtube.

That being said...here's some tips for folks looking for a clan;

• Figure out how much you want/need from the clan and how much you're willing to put into it.  Some clans make requirements of players.  If they don't disclose what they are up front and then tell you later; you're in a bad clan and you should leave
  • How do they communicate?  As stated in this thread there are multiple ways to do it.  Ask how they prefer to do it.  If they don't have a "gameplan"; it's a bad clan and you should leave
  • What's their rule for kicking idle players?  Standard is 30 days.  If the clan hierarchy hasn't spent 5 minutes figuring this out; you're in a bad clan and you should leave.  If you join a clan and see that half the roster has been idle for a long time, you're in a bad clan and you should leave.  Mind you, there will always be a few outliers in most clans because every clan leader/officer has a few players that are never getting kicked...and usually for good reasons.  Clan guys are allowed to be sentimental.
  • How active are the clan officers?  How active are they when you are on?  You could find a clan that is a great fit for you, but if they aren't around, then what's the point?
  • Are there any "Rules of Etiquette" regarding chat spamming or other interactions? Do they state it up front?  
  • And lastly; are they a mentor clan?  If they are, then you need to understand that there will be an expectation of you somewhere down the road to pay it forward.  And then it will be you carrying the newer players when you'd rather be running Terry Caps.

Clans in Warframe are more about research access than "clan things".  You can be a member of a 100 person clan and never meet half of them.  And that's ok.  

The important thing to remember is that in order to join a clan that is the right fit for you, it's on you to do some due diligence.  Every clan is different and if you want to have a positive experience, you have to know what kind of clan you want to join.  

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

I've been a clan leader in FPS and RPG type games for over 15 years.  A bit about clans in this game and in general...

There's a general issue with long standing clans in Warframe that leads to what the OP writes of.  Any clan with "all the things" research wise will have a core group of higher or max rank players that are your daily LoR/raids (lol) or Sortie runners.  They have all the gear and their interest in the game lies in the higher end content.    

Imagine spending just as much time working on your 18 loadouts as you do actually playing the game. 

So those players don't have much incentive to help mentor new players that join their clan.  It's a real drag being asked to come in and carry 3 members of your 100 member clan on a lower level mission, that you don't even know will be playing the game in 3 months when you'd rather be farming war hilts on Lua.  Back in the old days of this game, if you had a Frost, all you did was help lower ranked clan members on Void defense and ODD.

Often times, you'll only see big recruitment drives for older clans when new content comes out because they need to replace all the players they just kicked out for being idle and need new blood to help them farm.  

Since Solar rails went dormant there isn't an incentive to really mentor new players in this game since you can solo so much of it and you only need 3 to 6 hardcore players on your friends list to make things happen.  

• Figure out how much you want/need from the clan and how much you're willing to put into it.  Some clans make requirements of players.  If they don't disclose what they are up front and then tell you later; you're in a bad clan and you should leave
  • How do they communicate?  As stated in this thread there are multiple ways to do it.  Ask how they prefer to do it.  If they don't have a "gameplan"; it's a bad clan and you should leave
  • What's their rule for kicking idle players?  Standard is 30 days.  If the clan hierarchy hasn't spent 5 minutes figuring this out; you're in a bad clan and you should leave.  If you join a clan and see that half the roster has been idle for a long time, you're in a bad clan and you should leave.  Mind you, there will always be a few outliers in most clans because every clan leader/officer has a few players that are never getting kicked...and usually for good reasons.  Clan guys are allowed to be sentimental.
  • How active are the clan officers?  How active are they when you are on?  You could find a clan that is a great fit for you, but if they aren't around, then what's the point?
  • Are there any "Rules of Etiquette" regarding chat spamming or other interactions? Do they state it up front?  
  • And lastly; are they a mentor clan?  If they are, then you need to understand that there will be an expectation of you somewhere down the road to pay it forward.  And then it will be you carrying the newer players when you'd rather be running Terry Caps.

Clans in Warframe are more about research access than "clan things".  You can be a member of a 100 person clan and never meet half of them.  And that's ok.  

The important thing to remember is that in order to join a clan that is the right fit for you, it's on you to do some due diligence.  Every clan is different and if you want to have a positive experience, you have to know what kind of clan you want to join.  

THIS

To be honest, my biggest purpose of joining a clan is to help out new players. I solo'd my way up to be able to do sorties, and found it actually quite frustrating to not have anyone to help you when you are stuck. This is why I wrote this post ranting about the so-called "class differences" between clan members. I can always go back to my old solo/random group life, but I just want to help and have a place to call home. 

I guess I'll just have to keep searching, oh well. 

22 hours ago, H3aN said:

THIS

To be honest, my biggest purpose of joining a clan is to help out new players. I solo'd my way up to be able to do sorties, and found it actually quite frustrating to not have anyone to help you when you are stuck. This is why I wrote this post ranting about the so-called "class differences" between clan members. I can always go back to my old solo/random group life, but I just want to help and have a place to call home. 

In responding to this thread, I went and looked for the phrase mentor clan on this site.  Only two entries.  Both by me.  

So not really sure if there are mentor clans out there.  I'm the polar opposite myself; I like playing solo and not having clan mates that need stuff from me.  So I took over my long defunct clan and started a solo players clan so I don't have to grind everything myself but also don't have to interact with other players.  

If you truly want to join a mentor clan and can't find one...see if there's a clan in the decline that will allow you to take over.  It's a niche market on this game for sure, but anything can be done, if you're willing to put in the work.  Go to region chat, go to LF chat...post in the clan section of this message board, there's decent traffic on reddit for WF.

If it's something you'd really like to do; make it happen.  

I want to say look for smaller clans first.

They tend to be more of a close knit/family atmosphere.

Everyone knows eachother basically.

The large clans...well you're just a number there impo.

I begrudgingly have joined a small/tiny clan. (I hate guilds.)

But I owe the Clan leader a favor & tgis game borderline punishes you harshly for not being in a clan.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The large clans...well you're just a number there impo.

I feel this way so much. I bounced around some massive clans/alliances, only to feel like it was Region Chat 2.0 and any newer players' concerns were either ignored or met with the "look it up" response. I eventually went back to my old clan I created, maxed out most of the research and often invite people to my clan for a short while until they're able to fend for themselves and find a more socially interactive clan to move on to.

Part of this game's charm for me is its learning curve. Never had anybody hold my hand, it just didn't happen that way, till i was already decent at raids then I got people sharing tips and glitches and shortcuts.

New players should just join clans for researches and trading posts and learn to play the game at their own pace because whatever they do in game would feel more valuable and worthy of their time that way. 

As for snobbishness of "inner circle" in clans, well i played a lot of games and it's always been that way. They will cling to the familliar, no matter the skill or game knowledge level, and treat everyone new as a digit, unless the player impress them in one way or another that is. Just stay as lomg as it takes you to get what you need then/or quit if you can't stand them.

19 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

19 hours ago, H3aN said:

THIS

As someone who has run many RP games, many many clans, and is currently a clan owner in Warframe (The Knights of Koorin), I can say these points are spot on!

Personally, my goal in a clan, especially in my own, is to provide a shared space for everyone of all different levels of experience and interest in Warframe to come together and have a good time in a safe and supportive (and FUN!) setting!

My clan is pretty laxed on rules.  All we ask is you treat other clanmates (and Tenno in general) with respect.  We derank members to "Squire" when inactive for longer than 30 days...sort of a "warning", and we then boot them from the clan if inactive for longer than 60 days (which I think is VERY fair), so long as spots aren't full, wherein those 30+ absentees would be taking up a possible active spot.

We have all research finished, save for pigments, but we do not necessarily have it all built per person, and we are very focused on helping new players AND going on higher level missions with older players, as well!

There's a place for everyone here. There is no "elitism" here.  Just Tenno who love Warframe :)  

For communication's sake, we have a Discord, one channel of several that are also used for my livestreams, and myself, as well as my co-leader, are both on daily.

If you ever need help or have any questions, please let me know!  Even if not a member of our clan, I'm happy to help! :)

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Bird Sarcoma said:

I feel this way so much. I bounced around some massive clans/alliances, only to feel like it was Region Chat 2.0 and any newer players' concerns were either ignored or met with the "look it up" response. I eventually went back to my old clan I created, maxed out most of the research and often invite people to my clan for a short while until they're able to fend for themselves and find a more socially interactive clan to move on to.

I plan to eventually make my own clan of probably just myself & maybe my RL friends.

Right now, I am helping the vetersn player who took me in & educated me on aspects of Warframe I didn't understand.

He even gave me a Riven (cause he wasn't using it) for one of my favorite guns. I had no idea what a Riven was.

So when he asked me to join his (at the time) 1 man clan. I reluctantly agreed.

I have no regrets now.

I plan to help get all his research done, clear out thebremaining cobbwebs, mop the floors, & once he's all set (his clan is reviving, & beginning to come to life) I'll wander off into the sunset/depths of space & do my own thing.

I'm more of a lone wolf. As his clan grows it becomes less welcoming/enjoyable for me.

I just want him to be happy.

13 hours ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

In responding to this thread, I went and looked for the phrase mentor clan on this site.  Only two entries.  Both by me.  

So not really sure if there are mentor clans out there.  I'm the polar opposite myself; I like playing solo and not having clan mates that need stuff from me.  So I took over my long defunct clan and started a solo players clan so I don't have to grind everything myself but also don't have to interact with other players.  

If you truly want to join a mentor clan and can't find one...see if there's a clan in the decline that will allow you to take over.  It's a niche market on this game for sure, but anything can be done, if you're willing to put in the work.  Go to region chat, go to LF chat...post in the clan section of this message board, there's decent traffic on reddit for WF.

If it's something you'd really like to do; make it happen.  

I'm thinking of the same thing actually. Sadly I'm still catching up my progress with PoE (really need to hunt down a megazoid before teaching anyone)... But a mentor/academy style clan really sounds fantastic. I just recently joined a small clan and the leader currently has no idea why they are losing people, maybe if I convince them to have a mentoring branch it can help them retain new players. Glad to have some like minded people like you in this thread :3

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Bird Sarcoma said:

I guess it just depends on what you want out of a clan, if it's just for the ease of research access then yeah, bigger clans would be a bit more helpful. But if it's socialising with people in the clan then maybe you need something smaller than a storm. I'm not trying to bash the big clans in this post (although I think I really gave out the impression that I am).

3 hours ago, dreadgame said:

Part of this game's charm for me is its learning curve. Never had anybody hold my hand, it just didn't happen that way, till i was already decent at raids then I got people sharing tips and glitches and shortcuts.

New players should just join clans for researches and trading posts and learn to play the game at their own pace because whatever they do in game would feel more valuable and worthy of their time that way. 

As for snobbishness of "inner circle" in clans, well i played a lot of games and it's always been that way. They will cling to the familliar, no matter the skill or game knowledge level, and treat everyone new as a digit, unless the player impress them in one way or another that is. Just stay as lomg as it takes you to get what you need then/or quit if you can't stand them.

I spend my first several months soloing as well, with the help of YouTube and wiki. And as much as I want to disagree your point that people sometimes treat new players as digits, I cant. Sad truth really.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

As someone who has run many RP games, many many clans, and is currently a clan owner in Warframe (The Knights of Koorin), I can say these points are spot on!

Personally, my goal in a clan, especially in my own, is to provide a shared space for everyone of all different levels of experience and interest in Warframe to come together and have a good time in a safe and supportive (and FUN!) setting!

My clan is pretty laxed on rules.  All we ask is you treat other clanmates (and Tenno in general) with respect.  We derank members to "Squire" when inactive for longer than 30 days...sort of a "warning", and we then boot them from the clan if inactive for longer than 60 days (which I think is VERY fair), so long as spots aren't full, wherein those 30+ absentees would be taking up a possible active spot.

We have all research finished, save for pigments, but we do not necessarily have it all built per person, and we are very focused on helping new players AND going on higher level missions with older players, as well!

There's a place for everyone here. There is no "elitism" here.  Just Tenno who love Warframe :)  

For communication's sake, we have a Discord, one channel of several that are also used for my livestreams, and myself, as well as my co-leader, are both on daily.

If you ever need help or have any questions, please let me know!  Even if not a member of our clan, I'm happy to help! :)

Thank you good sir, keep it up, I can fend myself pretty well :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would be interesting if DE actually comes up with a mentoring system (no, not referral, I really don't know if anyone still use their referral links...) to pair up new and experienced players. Both players will be rewarded when they finish a certain number of missions together. I mean yeah, there will always be ways to cheese the system, but wishful thinking....

1 hour ago, H3aN said:

Awwww... That is really nice to see bonds being built like that. :3

Eh don't make me regret being so forthcoming.

When I joined his clan, it was just him. All his RL friends had left, lots of half decorated rooms, items half built, etc.

It felt like moving into a home/dorm/clubhouse that had been abandoned due to a storm or something.

This'll sound weird but it felt like the echoes of his memories/past with his friends lingered in every room.

It was depressing. He didn't show it but it was obvious he missed the old days.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Eh don't make me regret being so forthcoming.

When I joined his clan, it was just him. All his RL friends had left, lots of half decorated rooms, items half built, etc.

It felt like moving into a home/dorm/clubhouse that had been abandoned due to a storm or something.

This'll sound weird but it felt like the echoes of his memories/past with his friends lingered in every room.

It was depressing. He didn't show it but it was obvious he missed the old days.

Ah, that happened to me as well, and it was exactly why I went AFK several years back. I was the last to leave my old clan, and it was just devastating to see their last log on date started to grow from 2 digits to 3 digits. I kinda know that it is bound to happen again this time around as well with my new clan and new mates, but I guess this is just the nature of gaming, people take rests, move on, or just disappear. 

Thanks for being so open to us my friend, we all can be vulnerable sometimes. I may have digressed a bit but I guess this is why some people prefer to solo, for they don't want to accept the reality of inevitable departures. 

Ok, so...

As someone who has lead a clan and an alliance for quite some time i can vouch for a couple of OPs semtiments 

If the clan has everything done, its gonna seem dead at times. If the clan is half filled with long time high rank players, youre gonna have a chunk of people who feel like no one is ever doing anything other than farmin teralyst kuva ducats and daily sorties. 

If the clan is mostly laid back with lax management like mine, youre gonna have large bouts of what seem like no one doing anything. Even with 15 day inactive cutoffs (if you cant log in then alt f4 to reset the timer..) it will at times seem dead. And if youre not the type to try and force players to recruit then there will also be lulls. 

BUT LETS NOT FORGET,

That all of that listed above really is only a part of the problem most of which are actually the results of outside factors  uncontrollable by the players themselves.. 

Its because the devs have neglected clans and alliances for the majority of their existence. Im sorry but adding new research isnt an excuse to leave clans and alliances to sit and rot. 

More research doesnt really facilitate player interaction.  Especially when the clans have stockpiles of resources. 

There needs to be some serious development to the activities specific to clans and clan members or else theyre going to stay as they are.. semiactive to a point then fizzle out mostly leaving that major gap between the vets who still play and the newbies with a whole game ahead of them. 

Pve dark sectors, kingpin system, clan alerts, clan rooms in relays (tents in cetus).. all of which could boost the activity of players old and new. Incentives willing. 

And lets not even get into alliances. 

DE isnt making the clan thing outside of research and trade really worth the time or effort. 

Tinyurl.com/haelion 

Need something like that specific to alliances introduced so that they can feel like theyre actually accomplishing something in the game universe 

Using and Abusing clans for research is the number one way to make everything toxic.

The alliance i'm in heavily empathises the importance of helping all newer members of the alliance. Heck the discord has a mentor system for people to use.

Clans are an acquired taste, it takes time to find the "one"

9 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Using and Abusing clans for research is the number one way to make everything toxic.

The alliance i'm in heavily empathises the importance of helping all newer members of the alliance. Heck the discord has a mentor system for people to use.

Clans are an acquired taste, it takes time to find the "one"

The mentor system of your discord definitely sounds like a good idea. If I may ask, is there any incentive for the veterans to mentor the new members? Otherwise I just don't feel people will be motivated enough to get out of the way to help. Sorry to assume the worst tho.

21 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Ok, so...

As someone who has lead a clan and an alliance for quite some time i can vouch for a couple of OPs semtiments 

If the clan has everything done, its gonna seem dead at times. If the clan is half filled with long time high rank players, youre gonna have a chunk of people who feel like no one is ever doing anything other than farmin teralyst kuva ducats and daily sorties. 

If the clan is mostly laid back with lax management like mine, youre gonna have large bouts of what seem like no one doing anything. Even with 15 day inactive cutoffs (if you cant log in then alt f4 to reset the timer..) it will at times seem dead. And if youre not the type to try and force players to recruit then there will also be lulls. 

BUT LETS NOT FORGET,

That all of that listed above really is only a part of the problem most of which are actually the results of outside factors  uncontrollable by the players themselves.. 

Its because the devs have neglected clans and alliances for the majority of their existence. Im sorry but adding new research isnt an excuse to leave clans and alliances to sit and rot. 

More research doesnt really facilitate player interaction.  Especially when the clans have stockpiles of resources. 

There needs to be some serious development to the activities specific to clans and clan members or else theyre going to stay as they are.. semiactive to a point then fizzle out mostly leaving that major gap between the vets who still play and the newbies with a whole game ahead of them. 

Pve dark sectors, kingpin system, clan alerts, clan rooms in relays (tents in cetus).. all of which could boost the activity of players old and new. Incentives willing. 

And lets not even get into alliances. 

DE isnt making the clan thing outside of research and trade really worth the time or effort. 

Tinyurl.com/haelion 

Need something like that specific to alliances introduced so that they can feel like theyre actually accomplishing something in the game universe 

My brain hurts a bit when I was reading the massive post you linked, in a good way. It's a really good idea to get clans and alliance to feel that they are a part of a bigger plan, instead of just clusters of Tennos.

I think it takes more than weapon research and "self-organised events" to incentivise clans enough to not turn their clan into convenience stores. I'm also aware that it may be unfair to all the soloing clans out there if DE comes up with an event that requires in clan interaction, so there's really no clean cut answers to this issue. 

But yeah, thanks for the input sir :3

59 minutes ago, H3aN said:

The mentor system of your discord definitely sounds like a good idea. If I may ask, is there any incentive for the veterans to mentor the new members? Otherwise I just don't feel people will be motivated enough to get out of the way to help. Sorry to assume the worst tho.

There isn't any incentive. However it's there so the alliance as a whole can improve and when events come out, the alliance as a whole can smash the leaderboards.