The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cleaning the Grineer from the origin system

(PSN)alvian00

would it be possible to get rid of the Grineer in one full swoop using pathogens that attacks the common genetic templates of the Grineer? i was thinking of synthesizing a Virus that when it enters the cell it re-purposes and changes the cell. The new cell replicates with formerly dormant non-encoding regions active, causing drastic biological changes. during and after the victims was infected the virus "plugs in" and activates the recessive alleles in its victim like genetic diseases, resulting in several biological changes that create (and recreate) sentience within the infected creature's cellular makeup. It acts by affecting the protein encoding regions of the promoter introns in each cell. As a retrovirus, it contains both RNA and the reverse transcriptase enzyme, allowing it to insert its own genetic codes into the host's cells. It enters, re-purposes and changes the cell, replicating previously dormant non-coding segments of the organism's DNA. .my hope is that these rapid changes would create a 99.99% mortality rate cause by massive massive organ failure and cell saturation. but i think this idea is crossing the line and if it where to fall into the wrong hands they may create a strain that target other specific genes and it would also effect Clem which i like. Oh heres an idea maybe creat a Warframe i was thinking of a Warframe that infect enemy s then after the victim expired it would reanimate the corps much like Neckros but unlike Neckros the reanimate corps would infect other living organisms in till it would create a horde. the Warframe would act as the hive mind and the the reanimate corps would act like a superorganism. maybe the new frame would be called Mortifer. Latin for death bringer. it maybe a good story too. a hate driven person who would do anything to get rid of the Grineer and we were sent to stop this but it was already done with Aled v but Aled this one would destroy rather then Assimilate others.

Edited by (PS4)alvian00

Citation

i was thinking of synthesizing a Virus that when it enters the cell it re-purposes and changes the cell. The new cell replicates with formerly dormant non-encoding regions active, causing drastic biological changes

At that moment, the infestation began.

Congrats alvian00, you just f*cked up the origin system big time.

Edited by Galehann

I'm from germany, so 'cleansing' a group of humand always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ingame hoewever, i don't think it's the way of the tenno to completly annihilate a group of sentient being. Not all Grineer are comletely zealous, as prooven bei the Steel Meridian and the defectors from Defection missions.

I'd kill hundereds, maybe thousands or even more innocent.

Wiping out the queens and other administrative structure won't exactly be such a bad idea, though. Just take a few thousand of the Fomorian cores which we've been hijacking, stick them into some of the other thousand of the grineer ships which we've been emptying, then set them to overload and crash them into the kuva fortress. Each one of the cores is supposed to leave the area in which they detonate uninhabitable for decades, so a few thousand ought to completely depopulate the fortress, leaving the grineer completely leaderless.

Edited by DoomFruit

il y a 27 minutes, DoomFruit a dit :

Just take a few thousand of the Fomorian cores which we've been hijacking, stick them into some of the other thousand of the grineer ships which we've been emptying, then set them to overload and crash them into the kuva fortress. Each one of the cores is supposed to leave the area in which they detonate uninhabitable for decades, so a few thousand ought to completely depopulate the fortress, leaving the grineer completely leaderless.

I love where you're going with this.

I may add, we could do that while the Fortress is near Eris... Just an idea... :D

i know its f'ck up which is why it would make a good story quest. this person hated the Grineer so much that this person would be willing to wipe out the whole a lot of them even the innocent. Tyl Regor asking for help, this person ask "Tenno why?! we could wipe out the Grineer once and for all so why do go against it? no one would miss them"

We already sort of screwed over grineer defectors during the Tyl Regor storyline.

Spoiler

Instead of, you know, taking his research and using it for the betterment of all our grineer allies we just destroyed it. Yep.

Edited by CapnToaster

We may end up using them all to give us time against the sentients when they return. Most of them can die and everyone is happy. Let's hope the sentients kill a lot of corpus civillians so we don't have enough followers of a mad capitalist doctrine, then we have balance.

I remember a certain villain of warhammer fantasy defending the idea of peace through death. what do you think about it?

16 hours ago, (PS4)alvian00 said:

would it be possible to get rid of the Grineer in one full swoop using pathogens that attacks the common genetic templates of the Grineer? i was thinking of synthesizing a Virus that when it enters the cell it re-purposes and changes the cell. The new cell replicates with formerly dormant non-encoding regions active, causing drastic biological changes. during and after the victims was infected the virus "plugs in" and activates the recessive alleles in its victim like genetic diseases, resulting in several biological changes that create (and recreate) sentience within the infected creature's cellular makeup. It acts by affecting the protein encoding regions of the promoter introns in each cell. As a retrovirus, it contains both RNA and the reverse transcriptase enzyme, allowing it to insert its own genetic codes into the host's cells. It enters, re-purposes and changes the cell, replicating previously dormant non-coding segments of the organism's DNA. .my hope is that these rapid changes would create a 99.99% mortality rate cause by massive massive organ failure and cell saturation. but i think this idea is crossing the line and if it where to fall into the wrong hands they may create a strain that target other specific genes and it would also effect Clem which i like. Oh heres an idea maybe creat a Warframe i was thinking of a Warframe that infect enemy s then after the victim expired it would reanimate the corps much like Neckros but unlike Neckros the reanimate corps would infect other living organisms in till it would create a horde. the Warframe would act as the hive mind and the the reanimate corps would act like a superorganism. maybe the new frame would be called Mortifer. Latin for death bringer. it maybe a good story too. a hate driven person who would do anything to get rid of the Grineer and we were sent to stop this but it was already done with Aled v but Aled this one would destroy rather then Assimilate others.

Are you suggesting to gas the Grineer? What are you space-Hitler?

10 hours ago, Galehann said:

I love where you're going with this.

I may add, we could do that while the Fortress is near Eris... Just an idea... :D

Yea, yea, let's make some concentration camps on Eris while we're at it, right?

Damn it people, you're not making the Tenno look like the good guys at all...

Dude, the idea to blow up the Kuva Fortress is no more no less than a war strategy opportunity to weaken the grineer.

Guess what ? We're playing WARframe here.

The idea behind getting it blown around Eris is that it could wipe a good amount of infested at the same time... not get rid of them, but still killing a lot of them.

You do know that except the infestation, no living creature is living near Eris right ? And the infestation is like a disease, so mass-killing them is sort of a big medication to the Origin system.

I hope you don't come up with "infestation rights", "they have feelings too" type of bullsh*t. Joke apart, it's a game dude, chill ;)

18 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Last time I checked, you don't seek balance by completely annihilating one side

Yes, that's why you should continue the annihilation until you have annihilated all but one sides.

When only one side will remain, it wil be in perfect balance with itself.