Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HYDRON EXP BUG OR AFFINITY REWORK?

IronTaint

So I was levelin up some mr fodder weapons earlier with my avalanche power strenght frost. 3 waves in and I noticed I'm not getting that much exp. I even have affinity booster. But I get affinity on my weapons If other players use their room clearing abilities. Any one else noticed this?

1 hour ago, CaptainDavian said:

If you kill stuff with your warframe abilites %100 of the exp goes into your warframe.

Wait what ? Since when ?

its not 25 % and 75 split amongs others anymore ?

Guys you can laugh i dont know how to read !

Edited by trunks013

You're right in the issue of affinity farming.

If you want to levelup 2/3 gears it's better if your teamates do the killing.

If you want to levelup 1 weapon/frame, it's better if you do the killing with that weapon/frame.

If you kill with your frame 100% of the affinity goes to the frame, 0 to the weapons.

If you kill with a weapon, 50% goes to the weapon and 50% to the frame.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

(being afk leeching is great ;)  )

à l’instant, trunks013 a dit :

Wait what ? Since when ?

Since... Always.

When ash stabs a grineer, 100% of the affinity from that kill goes to ash.

Edited by Trichouette

Just now, trunks013 said:

Wait what ? Since when ?

Thats how it works since beggining. If you kill enemies with warframe abilites %100 of exp goes to your warframe but if your teammates gets kills %25 goes to warframe and %75 goes to weapons

Just now, trunks013 said:

Wait what ? Since when ?

The 25:75 split is for ally kills, not your own.

No matter how an ally kills an enemy, as long as its within 50 meters you get 25% to your frame, and 75% split among your three weapons.

When you kill an enemy 50% goes to your frame and the other 50% goes to whatever did the killing, so 100% can go to your frame if you kill with an ability.
Your allies get the 25:75 split

4 minutes ago, IronTaint said:

So I was levelin up some mr fodder weapons earlier with my avalanche power strenght frost. 3 waves in and I noticed I'm not getting that much exp. I even have affinity booster. But I get affinity on my weapons If other players use their room clearing abilities. Any one else noticed this?

The reason why you didn't get much affinity is you were power spamming.  If you want affinity on your weapons either:
A) Use the weapon to do the killing
B) Let allies do some killing

How affinity works, ever since ever(?):
1: If you use <item>, <item> gets xp, and so does the warframe you're using. This also affects companions, I would think.
2: If you use your warframe's abilities all the time, all the xp earned will go to the warframe itself.
3: Teammates, however, if they kill anything within eachother's affinity radius, they all get xp.
Note: Naramon's Melee Xp boosting passive does get affected.

Others have pretty much explained the details.

Yes, 100% of the frame kill goes to the frame... but your teammates will also receive this affinity, although for them it will be split 25/75 (or 33/66 or 50/50 if they have 2 or one weapon only).

If you do less affinity today than the other days with the same method, it only means that the people you're playing with are less good at killing stuff (or better at leeching affinity) than the other days.

Edited by Galehann
sorry bad english

Sadly I don't have any evidence to show you about the alleged changes I noticed. That's why I came here asking for other players. I even bought a 3 day affinity booster 3 days ago.(Then I got another one from the sorties) 

I thought the affinity booster I got expired. I've been grinding for days for affinity. That's why I noticed this subtle change. And most of those times , I deal most of the damage and get a consistent amount of affinity. And if other players like saryn started spamming and get all of the kills, I still get the same affinity as with the former. Or maybe I'm getting crazy. Too much hydron for me lately I guess.

30 minutes ago, IronTaint said:

26 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Wait what ? Since when ?

Killing with a frame grans 100% to frame.
Killing with a weapon grants 25% exp to frame and 75% to weapons divided by number of weapons carrier.

3 minutes ago, IronTaint said:

Sadly I don't have any evidence to show you about the alleged changes I noticed. That's why I came here asking for other players. I even bought a 3 day affinity booster 3 days ago.(Then I got another one from the sorties) 

I thought the affinity booster I got expired. I've been grinding for days for affinity. That's why I noticed this subtle change. And most of those times , I deal most of the damage and get a consistent amount of affinity. And if other players like saryn started spamming and get all of the kills, I still get the same affinity as with the former. Or maybe I'm getting crazy. Too much hydron for me lately I guess.

Better check kills, not damage dealt. You can deal 99% damage and your teammate lasthits every mob.

@Syasob I am getting the kills. A 200% power strength with 190 range can definitely kill a ton of grineers in hydron.

edit : frost avalanche build

edit 2 : Here's The build that I've been using in hydron affinity farming. 

SPpozzo.png

Edited by IronTaint

So, what happens when you activate your operator? I notice a loss of affinity simply activating it. The rest of the mission seems to split team mate kills into your operator by some %? Important to NOT want that passive when power leveling.

Edit: Your amp anyways

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Evilpricetag:

So, what happens when you activate your operator? I notice a loss of affinity simply activating it.

Activating Operator will give all(?) Affinity to your Amp. At least everything else won't get anything in the time you use your operator. I tested it by leveling my Amp and a pet

13 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Killing with a frame grans 100% to frame.
Killing with a weapon grants 25% exp to frame and 75% to weapons divided by number of weapons carrier.

The way I remember it :

Warframe kills give 100% to warframe. 

Weapon kills give 50 - 50 to warframe and the weapon used to kill. 

Ally kills are the 25 - 75 you mentioned. 

21 minutes ago, IronTaint said:

I've been grinding for days for affinity. That's why I noticed this subtle change.

Maybe you've been getting just a small amount of affinity all this time and didn't even know. Try using weapons only and staying close to all allies (3 Tenoo Affinity, that icon on the top right corner).

Just now, GnarlsDarkley said:

Activating Operator will give all(?) Affinity to your Amp. At least everything else won't get anything in the time you use your operator. I tested it by leveling my Amp and a pet

Yea but for a while when power leveling I would just activate it for the passive, then leave. I notice I was getting less affinity, the amp received some small amount, even though I activated before any combat took place, and didnt go back into operator the rest of the mission. I'm certain it drains some affinity.

12 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I think Amps get 50% from their own kills, 75% from ally kills, while you're in operator mode and the rest of it disappears into your operator which is standing in for your frame and doesn't level at all.  They definitely level slower than they would if they got all of the affinity, tested with stealth farming where they are comparable to other weapons instead of leveling up faster.
It used to be a problem with exalted weapon abilities where 50% of the affinity would disappear into your exalted weapon and 75% of radial affinity would do the same, took them a little bit to fix.

39 minutes ago, Galehann said:

Yes, 100% of the frame kill goes to the frame... but your teammates will also receive this affinity, although for them it will be split 25/75 (or 33/66 or 50/50 if they have 2 or one weapon only).

If you do less affinity today than the other days with the same method, it only means that the people you're playing with are less good at killing stuff (or better at leeching affinity) than the other days.

The number of weapons equipped doesn't affect the division of shared affinity, it will always be 25% to frame and 75% divided among weapons.

If there's one weapon in particular that you want to level, I'd suggest equipping it on Trinity and EV spamming so that your allies can get all the kills and feed you affinity. Typically what a leech provides is bonus spawns, which increases affinity for the whole party, while they suck xp for a weapon. Playing something that supports your allies without getting kills is just a friendly way of doing it.

12 minutes ago, IronTaint said:

@(PS4)iQuedas

I know. I even just stand around in the center of hydron spamming avalanche and get almost all of the kills. And I still get a lot of affinity for my weapons, Unlike today.

You weren't getting all of the kills, and you were getting a lot less affinity than you otherwise would have been.

12 minutes ago, IronTaint said:

@(PS4)iQuedas

I know. I even just stand around in the center of hydron spamming avalanche and get almost all of the kills. And I still get a lot of affinity for my weapons, Unlike today.

And several people have already broken down why this happened. If you're spamming avalanche instead of using your weapons, then all the affinity goes to your frame, which is already maxed at 30 based on your screenshots, and is wasted affinity. 
And if you're in the middle, you're in range for the affinity from ally kills, which is broken down as 25% warframe aff, 25% primary weapon aff, 25% secondary aff, and 25% melee weapon aff. That's why you still see exp for your weapons. 

If could have just saved some screenshots, I'll have a better way of explaining my side over this affinity thingy at hydron with avalanche spam. And I thought I have found some tricks that vets have using for a very long time with weapon leveling with room clearing abilities. But, Since I really don't have any evidence about it. I rest my case. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Edited by IronTaint