Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You are KILLING Destiny (and probably Anthem, preemptively)...

TheRealDestian

1 hour ago, megastorm said:

That depends what genre's and markets you are talking about. Chinese been doing it since early 2006. We started seeing it mobile gaming, TF2 and counterstrike as well as mmo's. I believe when it hit mmo's back in 2007, or 2010 (i forget) is when it was already a craze. Millions upon millions of people were exposed to this stuff already, and lots of voices have been heard. The media didn't really get involved until battlefront II and overwatch as well incorporate other games like TF2, counterstrike, and even the popular farmville. The evolution happened when it started pouring into other genre's. It has been going on with devs and publishers long before overwatch. The gaming communities of these previous games have already been voicing their opinions. 

When i mean true craze i mean it's hit into the mainstream. They've been around a lot yes but the regular casual player wouldn't necessarily know. But now they're in the mainstream as well and hitting news outlets over how egregious it's gotten?  They likely would. And the big one that pulled it into it was Overwatch that's all I'm trying to say really.  Funny people defended Blizzard for the idea and some likely still do too.

Bungie killed Destiny, with their triple-A greed. The only thing Bungie was good at was making Halo games, and they should do that again; but they can't, because they gave the rights of everything Halo to Microsoft. What does Halo have now? Lootboxes. How many have I spent my money on? Over the amount to buy Zephyr Prime. But what Warframe does is spectacular. Warframe doesn't have lootboxes because it would destroy everything we hold dear to be superior above our friends. Like, If you could get random weapons and cosmetics, that would give the chance to give a mastery 3, a mastery 10 weapon. Or, have those same players win helmets and skins, (non tennogen/new skins) Like the Immortal skins. And Warframe is being ignored by AAA developers because its basically a AAA title. But.. Better! 

So. Moral of the story, kiddos..

Lootboxes are disgusting and if you buy to many you'll develop a gambling problem. :thumbup:

On 19/3/2018 at 3:41 PM, TheRealDestian said:

Thank you for delivering a brutal reminder to the lootbox-infested dumpster fire that is the "AAA" gaming world that smaller devs with vision and talent can kick the crap out of bloated, shareholder-controlled abominations that can't make the connection between customer satisfaction and higher profits.

Makes me smile every time I see mainstream youtubers and streamers saying, "Yeah, Warframe though..." because WF deserves the recognition and I'm glad it's getting more and more of it.

Just to point out Warframe is NOT killing destiny 2. Destiny 2 just killed itself due to Bungie's arrogance and greed.

On 3/22/2018 at 4:52 AM, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

When i mean true craze i mean it's hit into the mainstream. They've been around a lot yes but the regular casual player wouldn't necessarily know. But now they're in the mainstream as well and hitting news outlets over how egregious it's gotten?  They likely would. And the big one that pulled it into it was Overwatch that's all I'm trying to say really.  Funny people defended Blizzard for the idea and some likely still do too.

There are thousands and even millions who have played mmo's. Just because you mention casuals doesn't exclude them from these games. Its been a known thing for a long time. Maybe if you stated that many more people stood up then maybe I can agree seeing as star wars battlefront have brought a lot of people and devs to speak out more than anything.

Edited by megastorm

On 3/22/2018 at 5:31 AM, Volinus7 said:

Warframe had a peak at 121k then after that peak its lowest point until now was 27k, means Warframe also lost 78% of its players? Lolol

You do know it's possible to play the game without Steam, right? Any graphs and charts based around Steam are inaccurate for PC, which also don't even account for consoles.

1 minute ago, WhiteCr0w said:

You do know it's possible to play the game without Steam, right? Any graphs and charts based around Steam are inaccurate for PC, which also don't even account for consoles.

All statistics are innacurate. But they represent a segment that can be assumed to paint a picture of the whole. If statistics show a drop in steam players, its reasonable to assume there’s been a similar drop in non-steam players.

At E3 when Bunjie promoted Destiny with nothing much more than pretty clouds. They promised due to DLC not needing a sequel. Eventually being open world, open space travel, ect. Destiny 2 was proof they don't have a clue what they are doing with a MMO, they may have created the legend that is Halo, and not agreed with Microsoft for not going cross platform while selling consoles at a loss, but they had many ideal expectations that were never met in Destiny.

Glad I never bought it.

Good, after they burn in fire, hopefully more studios will adopt De's strategy model. I saw so many games in 2017 that bought into the PVP only market when clearly they would have made better free-to-play PVE Warframe like experiences. And the kicker is they'd have a leg up due to their PVP being ready to go for that crowd as well. 

There's a lot that goes into making a good game, it is easy to make something mediocre or downright crap. Sounds like Bungie tried to expand on what they had in Destiny and have fallen flat on their face, it happens.  Question is, is there a main root cause of this or many factors in play?  Even the failure of the interpersonal relationships of the people working together on the game could have had a calamitous effect on the game's quality and cohesiveness.

The real problem might only be present behind the closed doors of Bungie's directors.  It's difficult to see past closed doors and their security keeps bouncing me before I can bug the board room.

Craps on loot boxes.

Applauds game that charges $80 for a reskinned version of a barely relevant existing class, with the only in game alternative for acquisition being countless hours of chore like farming...which sounds an awful lot like...loot boxes, just without the random factor for the cash purchase...

Sure, OP. DE's system might be better. But being better than garbage, doesnt make it GOOD.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Good, after they burn in fire, hopefully more studios will adopt De's strategy model. I saw so many games in 2017 that bought into the PVP only market when clearly they would have made better free-to-play PVE Warframe like experiences. And the kicker is they'd have a leg up due to their PVP being ready to go for that crowd as well. 

Hopefully, more studios will just sell us a complete game, for a single price, and follow that up with optional but worthwhile DLC occasionally. As opposed to, you know, adopting a business model that incentivizes locking fun stuff behind hours of utter tedium.

Want to emulate successful game design? Look more toward CDP, and avoid ANYTHING that is free to play. 

6 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

adopting a business model that incentivizes locking fun stuff behind hours of utter tedium.

A model that has been used by almost every RPG game in existence.  Come on BCM.  You've got to do your proper research before saying something like this.  :smile:

IMO DE isn’t far better than Bungie when it comes to monetization. The difference is that DE are smart at milking money out of you guys. They literally made you think that paying for worthless piece of cosmetics for $80 every 3 months is supporting the developers and money well spent lol.

Monetization is not why Destiny 2 has lost 98%(yes, it has lost 8.4 million players according to destinytracker) of its playerbase. 

Warframe is fun to play for a looooooooooooong time while you basically run out of things to do in 60 hours for Destiny 2. It’s not a story rich singleplayer game so that 60h is filled with s ton of of playtime fodders so the actual playtime is a lot shorter down to maybe like 10-12 hours for a $200 game. Players feel they’ve been lied to immediately after 50-60 hours and they get mad and rage quit. In Warframe they say that they feel the exact same way after about 3000 hours lol. It’s true, Warframe suffers from the exact same issues but DE were smart enough to make sure that it takes waaaaaay too long to realize that and feeding them just the right amount of contents before angry voice gets spread. All in all it actually turned out to be a pretty fun game which is what we have now and it’s great.

But remember, the thing that completely messed up Bungie is blind fanboism, lunatics who idolize and hype things up too much. “Bungie is going to XXX”, “Bungie is going to ZZZ”, “I’m so excited for YYY” “Thank you for putting vomit in my mouth Bungie” etc. If the fans keep praising garbage, the company doesn’t need competent, talented, hard working game developers anymore. When they’re gone, you get Destiny 2. Look no further than Bungie and Bioware. 

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

12 hours ago, rune_me said:

If statistics show a drop in steam players, its reasonable to assume there’s been a similar drop in non-steam players.

And it's just as reasonable to assume the opposite. That's how statistics work, acting as a data point to attach an arbitrary narrative to. Do you go into every thread to state the obvious, or play the contrarian for the sake of it?

8 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

And it's just as reasonable to assume the opposite. That's how statistics work, acting as a data point to attach an arbitrary narrative to. Do you go into every thread to state the obvious, or play the contrarian for the sake of it?

It’s not reasonable at all to assume the opposite. That would be far fetched. To state the opposite, you would have to assume, that people who use Steam are somehow more likely to quit the game than people who don’t. Personally, I believe that Steam has no impact on whether you continue to play Warframe or not.

8 minutes ago, rune_me said:

It’s not reasonable at all to assume the opposite. That would be far fetched. To state the opposite, you would have to assume, that people who use Steam are somehow more likely to quit the game than people who don’t. Personally, I believe that Steam has no impact on whether you continue to play Warframe or not.

We'll agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, PopeOwned said:

I get to be the Guyver in video game form.

Nice! Another Guyver fan. We're starting to become few and far between as the years march on. I can remember watching the original movie as a kid, then getting into the anime and manga later on.

8 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

Nice! Another Guyver fan. We're starting to become few and far between as the years march on. I can remember watching the original movie as a kid, then getting into the anime and manga later on.

Dude, yes! I've seen the anime but barely remember it. Have to go re-watch it but I LOVED Guyver 2: Dark Hero.

Cheesy but oh so fun.

Edited by PopeOwned