Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kronen Prime Stats NEED A BUFF

cookieknife

Tbh I’m not saying that it’s bad at all but I feel that it could’ve had an amazing potential to be.....well..  OP ok I said it just because over the past year we got these amazing melees with powerful stats and crazy perks.

I know we always ask a lot but for me I think it’s ok but I think they need to think about increasing the range of all tofans category I’m just saying :clem: 

Edited by (PS4)s3d_sas

5 minutes ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

Tbh I’m not saying that it’s bad at all but I feel that it could’ve had an amazing potential to be.....well..  OP ok I said it just because over the past year we got these amazing melees with powerful stats and crazy perks.

I know we always ask a lot but for me I think it’s ok but I think they need to think about increasing the range of all tofans category I’m just saying :clem: 

And give DE another reason to nerf Maiming Strike?

If anything, they need to look into whips and polearms abusing slide attack.

What we, as Warframe players really need right now, more than Excal Umbra or Venus landscape, more than weapon reworks, more than damage 2.5, is for the forum admins to make a separate category called "Buffs & Nerfs Requests" where all the this-needs-to-be-nerfed or buff-this-weapon threads goes, so I don't have to ever read another one.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

What we, as Warframe players really need right now, more than Excal Umbra or Venus landscape, more than weapon reworks, more than damage 2.5, is for the forum admins to make a separate category called "Buffs & Nerfs Requests" where all the this-needs-to-be-nerfed or buff-this-weapon threads goes, so I don't have to ever read another one.

You mean like... a feedback section? 

Gosh that would be nice...

Would be even nicer if people posted in it though.

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

i think DE needs to read what people say more often lol

2 hours ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

yeah i dont think its bad either its just not a buff to the standards as what they've given before.. like tiberon for example! man this blows

On 3/20/2018 at 8:20 PM, MirageKnight said:

How something performs on paper does not necessarily equal how it performs in the wild. Even slight differences in stats can amount to fairly significant buffs when mods are factored in.

If you're referring to the fact that Reach doesn't seem to affect Kronen, - or Tonfas in general - then that's something that needs to be fixed and I'm in favor of that.

But if you understand how this game works you know just by looking at the stats. And yes of course i understand math, adding 4% status chance is a difference but its not enough

and i dont care at all about the low range tonfas have. everyone complains about it but WHO CARES none of the combos call for long range stuff anyways. the sovereign outcast has throws on every combo but the EEEE spam. i dont spam slide attack so i have no problems at all with range.

but if reach doesnt effect these weapons thats definitely not a good thing and should be fixed asap

Edited by cookieknife

So if it does not have a nifty feature then I agree it could use a buff or unique feature.

I will note this that people who bought the prime access without ever checking the stats of the weapons is not ideal and I recommend looking into things before you purchase it. A real life lesson to consider.

But I still believe it needs a buff regardless.

1 minute ago, Mintaro said:

So if it does not have a nifty feature then I agree it could use a buff or unique feature.

I will note this that people who bought the prime access without ever checking the stats of the weapons is not ideal and I recommend looking into things before you purchase it. A real life lesson to consider.

But I still believe it needs a buff regardless.

it has a slam attack that ragdolls enemies that seems quite useful. but its out of place for tonfas and isnt enough to excuse or make up for those stats lol

21 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

it has a slam attack that ragdolls enemies that seems quite useful. but its out of place for tonfas and isnt enough to excuse or make up for those stats lol

That’s in the Kronen as well and most tonfas in general. The only tonfas that has a unique perk on slam attacks are the Ohmas with an electric current proc to it.

Otherwise, ragdoll mechanics on tonfas are ****ing terrible. Telos Boltace is a piss-poor example of that. For weapons that need every inch of close quarters combat range to reach the enemy, DE implements a ragdoll mechanic on the secondary slide attack on it? Nope.

Seriously, for the Telos Boltace to improve all that was needed was the ragdoll secondary slide mechanic removed, the ability cooldown removed, and the initial vacuum slide being able to break boxes. I digress, this is a topic about the Kronen Prime. The Kronen Prime could have had a special perk that could have been a shining beacon for tonfas, like extended range past usual tonfa range, but it’s only  been upgraded within mediocre levels. It seriously needs a stat buff or unique perk to push it away from other tonfas, and if it does get a unique perk, it better not be a tenaciously useless and annoying mechanic that involved ragdolling enemies. I would be absolutely tilted with DE’s gameplay design department.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

That’s in the Kronen as well and most tonfas in general. The only tonfas that has a unique perk on slam attacks are the Ohmas with an electric current proc to it.

Otherwise, ragdoll mechanics on tonfas are ****ing terrible. Telos Boltace is a piss-poor example of that. For weapons that need every inch of close quarters combat range to reach the enemy, DE implements a ragdoll mechanic on the secondary slide attack on it? Nope.

Seriously, for the Telos Boltace to improve all that was needed was the ragdoll secondary slide mechanic removed, the ability cooldown removed, and the initial vacuum slide being able to break boxes. I digress, this is a topic about the Kronen Prime. The Kronen Prime could have had a special perk that could have been a shining beacon for tonfas, like extended range past usual tonfa range, but it’s only  been upgraded within mediocre levels. It seriously needs a stat buff or unique perk to push it away from other tonfas, and if it does get a unique perk, it better not be a tenaciously useless and annoying mechanic that involved ragdolling enemies. I would be absolutely tilted with DE’s gameplay design department.

bro try out kronen prime. it has a very large range its only kronen prime's unique thing

On 21.3.2018 at 1:20 AM, MirageKnight said:

As I said before, there's a massive balance for melee weapons coming soon. You all might want to put down the pitchforks and torches and lower your voices a bit and wait to see what transpires.

Define "soon". All i know is that not even DE knows how to attend this melee rework according to last devstream. The topic Melee being a large can of worms. So they probably haven't even started it. So do we have to suffer with a barely buffed kronen until the next prime access and when the melee rework kills tonfas? I mean we all know that the maiming meta won't last forever. But tonfas rely on it more than any other weapon.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, Fishyflakes said:

It's an MR8 weapon so ask the MR 8'sif it's balanced first.

The MR rating is given AFTER assigning it the stats.

That's why Dex weapons were given MR that in practise serves no purpose since those weapons come pre-built.

2 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

I just ran some numbers on Warframe Builder and a maiming strike build on Kronen Prime is on par with a MR 11 Nami Skyla Prime.  Considering that you and others think the weapon is trash, what am I doing wrong?

Maiming strike makes any weapon good/ not bad.

Doesn't mean people want to play spin-to-win melee, some players actually like fighting normally.

15 minutes ago, Denpoman said:

Maiming strike makes any weapon good/ not bad.

Doesn't mean people want to play spin-to-win melee, some players actually like fighting normally.

Valid point, but tonfa weapons are known for having a high damage multiplier on slide attacks.  So, even with their small range, it sort of leads to using slide attacks, which would scream out to use Maiming Strike.  Still, the point was that WF Builder is showing that it's not as bad as people seem to think.

This reminds me of when the Ignis Wraith came out and people lost their minds because it had less base damage than the regular Ignis.

13 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

I just ran some numbers on Warframe Builder and a maiming strike build on Kronen Prime is on par with a MR 11 Nami Skyla Prime.  Considering that you and others think the weapon is trash, what am I doing wrong?

Warframe builder doesn’t mean a thing. Nami Skyla has a much faster attack speed and it’s ability to reach 100% or near 100% status is much much easier. And it also has a higher range and crit chance respectively 

Mods like condition overload and blood rush (which are some of the only ways to get melee doing enough damage for level 100s) heavily reward those stats. 

Now im not saying kronen Prime is awful awful awful the worst of the worst. But it is the second worst of the tonfas and the design team worked so hard on it and it’s just an absolute shame that blades that big can be considered on par with a sword and dagger lol and falls under the other’s in it’s category. 

Edited by cookieknife

15 hours ago, cookieknife said:

Warframe builder doesn’t mean a thing. Nami Skyla has a much faster attack speed and it’s ability to reach 100% or near 100% status is much much easier. And it also has a higher range and crit chance respectively 

Mods like condition overload and blood rush (which are some of the only ways to get melee doing enough damage for level 100s) heavily reward those stats. 

Now im not saying kronen Prime is awful awful awful the worst of the worst. But it is the second worst of the tonfas and the design team worked so hard on it and it’s just an absolute shame that blades that big can be considered on par with a sword and dagger lol and falls under the other’s in it’s category. 

And, Kronen Prime is much faster than Kronen, which apparently doesn't mean anything?  And, I used CO and BR in my builds.

It's likely they balanced the stats around expecting slash procs to help the performance.  And, it will proc more slash than either the Ohma or the Telos Boltace.  The sky is not falling.

5 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

And, Kronen Prime is much faster than Kronen, which apparently doesn't mean anything?  And, I used CO and BR in my builds.

It's likely they balanced the stats around expecting slash procs to help the performance.  And, it will proc more slash than either the Ohma or the Telos Boltace.  The sky is not falling.

its not "much faster" its a step faster lol. They dont make weapons in between 1.08 and 1.17 attack speed. thats .09 points. Kronen Prime just isnt as good as anyone was expecting and that's kind of unacceptable considering everything they've done in the past with melee, I'm ultimately repeating myself anyways Ohma and Telos Boltace both have something going for them, Kronen only has slash procs. And there are many other better weapons for slash procs, Prisma Cleavers, Nami Skyla Prime, Galatine Prime, Galatine lol, Venka Prime.

Hey giving it the max 10% more slash damage, yeah that makes it proc slightly more, but it's procs are the same damage as the original kronen. the only reason this weapon is better in any way is simply just the fact it has viable crit now, and that crit is the only good thing about it and if we get a buff it should stay the same.

And like ive said before. i dont think the attack speed or crit should be changed! just the damage and the status chance. if they buff it 20 points and give it 28 to 30% status. its going to be fine and dandy and i wont be upset with it

Edited by cookieknife

On 3/22/2018 at 11:51 AM, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Valid point, but tonfa weapons are known for having a high damage multiplier on slide attacks.  So, even with their small range, it sort of leads to using slide attacks, which would scream out to use Maiming Strike.  Still, the point was that WF Builder is showing that it's not as bad as people seem to think.

This reminds me of when the Ignis Wraith came out and people lost their minds because it had less base damage than the regular Ignis.

absolutely no one lost their minds because of the wraith having less damage. it had more status chance and more crit chance, i dont know what game you were playing but everyone was going bonkers over it, havent seen one thread asking for a buff from a reasonable person.

Kronen never were as good as some people wanted them to be. So how could anybody be surprised that the primed version is also not great? It's still an upgrade to the regular ones, and it's not the first rather meh prime-weapon, so... what makes this case so special?

4 minutes ago, RedEyedRaven said:

Kronen never were as good as some people wanted them to be. So how could anybody be surprised that the primed version is also not great? It's still an upgrade to the regular ones, and it's not the first rather meh prime-weapon, so... what makes this case so special?

Because we have had weapons before that were not good and DE buffed them to be great!!

Nami Skyla got +15 crit chance from it's original 5% and a whopping +20 from its original 10%!

and to make matters worse those weapons were never used because they had no redeeming factor but they get primed and get good stats but this weapon doesn't deserve a primed treatment? Boo thats not good for progression and definitely not prime access sales.

And of course its not the first MEH primed weapon but its the first NEW one that got one whole damage buff and 4% status. That's bad on DE status weapons being low damage makes their DPS suffer tremendously if it doesn't have anything to make up for it.

Edited by cookieknife

1 minute ago, RedEyedRaven said:

Kronen never were as good as some people wanted them to be. So how could anybody be surprised that the primed version is also not great?

That doesn’t really make much sense though since there are a lot of prime weapons that are a lot better than their normal counter-parts, such as the Venka Prime, Kogake Prime, Nami-Skyla Prime and the list can go on and on. The point I’m trying to get across is that all the prime weapons that I’ve named, there normal counter-parts are awful weapons and the prime ones are fantastic melee weapons. So all in all, Kronen Prime does need a buff. Doesn’t even have to be a big buff either.