Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

wtf servers are mega broken now, I can't even leave the dojo I'm in without being sent right back into it. I am stranded, plz send help! 

My supplies include an overwhelming amount of ammunition, an edible warframe, and a golden suit, will pay for expenses!

Update: I have successfully escaped, no one saved me.

Edited by Kalrizion
  • Like 1

Same thing with Dojos.. And dont try ascension ceremony, because it will say you FAILED it. And you wont be able to do it again.

That is a problem with the server itself, not just the connection. If game is unable to tell whether the ceremony was successfully done or not, then that is not just a connectivity issue. Same as MR tests.

1 minute ago, Kalrizion said:

wtf servers are mega broken now, I can't even leave the dojo I'm in without being sent right back into it. I am stranded, plz send help! 

My supplies include an overwhelming amount of ammunition, an edible warframe, and a golden suit, will pay for expenses!

An edible warframe? Sounds kinky ;)

24 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

Simple, too many people are impatient and the delays to every action in ones orbiter would annoy the general playerbase, possibly to excess.

Every console you use in the orbiter has to talk to the server.  Taking up to a minute to adjust a loadout and change mods, which normally could be a couple seconds would be too much for many folks.

Is that a good reason?  No people could just STFU and deal.  But as a business, DE shouldn't take the "STFU and deal with it" approach too often.  Hurts the bottom line.

When the servers are working normally u wait about 300ms for every non critical request(pretty much everything) 
under limitation it will be bumped up to about 900ms-1500ms still really good
under DDoS without limitation it can bump up so high that it will hit the timeout 

There's no down side to limiting the requests.
it will still be better then just letting the attacker to attack 

every normal company would do that anyway, DE probably already did it and even free some space with the chat
the thing is that it's NOT DDoS attack that's why it wont work

you'll see it clearly after the hot fix, it will just stop which if it was DDoS attack it wouldn't stop after a simple hot fix.

Edited by AttiasBarak

3 hours ago, technobot316 said:

And yet the word on the street was that warframes community was awesome o.0 who knew..

It is, but you have to be nice to us too. We're human and there are times we don't always be nice, but I know the Warframe community tries. 

I've seen worse communities. 

And the Tenno I've met at the last TennoCon were extremely friendly and I look forward to seeing them this year. 

Please, give DE time to resolve it. They're spending time away from their families to help us enjoy the game

Hey all..

Login failures, Login timing out, incorrect Account Information provided as for when i start the game.

Group gameplay is not really possible, took me like 20 min to actually get a group running on Sinai, Jupiter. Relics/Void fissures are being delayed and/or timed out, sometimes it freezes on "Waiting for other Players", so not playable at this time.

Guess some smartass space ninja took his Nikana to the connection cables..

2 minutes ago, Rasant87 said:

Hey all..

Login failures, Login timing out, incorrect Account Information provided as for when i start the game.

Group gameplay is not really possible, took me like 20 min to actually get a group running on Sinai, Jupiter. Relics/Void fissures are being delayed and/or timed out, sometimes it freezes on "Waiting for other Players", so not playable at this time.

Guess some smartass space ninja took his Nikana to the connection cables..

Yeah I can't get in either. The login bar goes grey but it won't actually let me in

1 minute ago, Adiastrasz said:

Because they don't know jack about network infrastructure in general? And it seems that most people here don't even know what actually is DDoS and other network related problems...

I do know how a DDoS works, because I've experienced it before, and I tell you, it's not fun. This could be DDoS, or it may not be, but let's be honest, a hardware or software problem, whether it be a network issue is easier to solve than a DDoS. 

Second, it may not be DE's fault at all, if we're going by your theory. In this case, it could be the ISP, the Internet Service Provider, who I'm guessing is in my city (Toronto). In that case, DE is at the mercy of the provider working on the problem themselves.. which means, they don't have much to report because they're waiting for the Internet provider to respond. 

Since my city has no issue with Internet at this time, it is likely the problem is confined to that provider. We don't know what is going on with that provider.. though from my days of working with an ISP with a data centre...  and it may also be the upstream provider as well. However, let's try to be civil. Being rude isn't going to get anywhere but upset people. It's not fun, eh?

1 minute ago, zerofighter005v said:

But this isn't the first time a DDoS attack happened...

How long the problem will be fixed in your opinion?

I expect it stop under 3 days.

Usually attackers do not have patience to attack longer than 3 days. 

Or if DE will be able to defend well from this attack it can stop sooner.

• Like 1

Just now, zerofighter005v said:

But this isn't the first time a DDoS attack happened...

How long the problem will be fixed in your opinion?

My thoughts: It might not have been DE being directly DDOSed I think it could have been their ISP that their servers happen to work ON and I think they got hit as collateral damage. It has happened on a few games I've played over the years, heck even my own ISP was getting hit, and I am sure everyone remembers last year or the year before the net, in general, had an outage overall, major websites were down and lagging out. I think this is similar, but not 100% sure. I am just happy that DE is even willing to talk about something like this has occurred and hasn't said it is the player bases net or something on our side.  I have seen that go down as a thing many times. I am happy they have done their best with what they have and if it was the ISP being hit offline and not DE HQ's servers, even with them looking into major upgrades for protection against this I am not 100% sure if this could deflect future issues that they are just in the line of fallout for it. Thanks, Space mom, thank you, staff, for doing what you can to stop this and make things more stable. I know this stuff is really hard to work around if you have no idea who is doing it or where is coming from. All my statements are speculations though, could be right could be wrong. Who knows why it happened, couldn't say.

• Like 1

Just now, Zilotz said:

I expect it stop under 3 days.

Usually attackers do not have patience to attack longer than 3 days. 

Or if DE will be able to defend well from this attack it can stop sooner.

Unless they're using a distributed network of machines to attack the system. Set the attack running, sit back and giggle. The (relatively) hard part is actually setting up the distributed network, once that's done the amount of effort on the part of the attacker is minimal and the attack can run without intervention until the method of attack is determined and eliminated.