Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

The irony that it happened to me RIGHT as i got the Broken War blade AND Vengeful Revenant on Plato... I left it running at the end game mision screen too... constantly looping the 'updating profile' hoping it would eventually get through... Yeah not gonna see that again, doubt you'll compensate for it and f*&#ed if i'm farming ALL day for that crap again.

1 hour ago, spaceageGecko said:

I feel bad for DE, the scale of this attack seems huge. Makes you wonder who is behind all this, seems way too big to just be one person with a grudge.  

It could be just one person with a grudge and enough money to rent a botnet.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Baro has an 'on off' switch - so easy a programmer doesn't have to do it. 
Boosters have millions and millions of entries per userbase per type per 'start time', a programmer will certainly be able to make it work. We're just discussing the best way to do it - extensions or new free ones, etc. 

will this be for everyone with a booster or everyone in general

11 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

It could be just one person with a grudge and enough money to rent a botnet.

Actually things like that will be more common. Thanks to freaking Internet of (Crappy) Things. We'll see big DDoS'es more often probably (as long as most of **** put on IoT is totally open for anyone who want to use them). It is not even some big cost nowadays so (so yea, this might be just one person who did something like that "for luls" or for some grudge... or it might be as well test for some new exploit, DE is sadly quite nice target for testing as they are big enough to be some challenge but not on level of huge corporations)... I really hope that we'll have some common law against a) DDoS (and other malicious use of network) b) selling unsafe crap just to put on product label "Smart" (look, your fridge/oven/damn vibrator can connect to internet, you can use this via your phone... btw - Im not kidding with vibrator, you can actually buy "smart" one :v ). Most of those have 0 safety mechanisms and companies that product them should be charged (look on for example issue with Smart TV's from biggest companies, do some digging about problems with products...) for selling harmful things.

Just now, SrBTheta said:

So this is what Sacrifice means...

Hah .. yep the Sacrifice Quest has started .. Anyway .. Thanks DE for working ya asses off to fix these problems, great job and awesome game ...  and to all the dorks who threatened to delete Warframe due to these attacks .. please do...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SrBTheta said:

So this is what Sacrifice means...

Jesus the people here are unbearable, they beg and beg for "The Sacrifice" and then we get it and then they get so mad they go on for almost 100 pages about wanting it back to the way it was. This is why we can't have nice things people!

/sarcasm

Keep up the great work DE, hope you get everything sorted out soon so we can return to the wonderful game that you and your hard working team has painstakingly crafted for us.

2 minutes ago, FuredoKrueger said:

Hi, what about the Plat discount, I got one on Friday night as a daily reward, and wanted to cash it, and could not find it today. It was a 75% one, please let me know and thanks!!

Yah, me too xD!

Jeez...wait so it IS DDOS related??? Okay I'm actually frightened now...Anyone on AT&T network, you should switch right now ;-; I've been having the same problem honestly...AND my windows 10 comp keeps restarting on its own it creeps me out...I even yell at it like its a human being trying to piss me off Dx (Oh and sadly, sorry to say but I'm not the one who owns my own internet so yeah...can't really do anything bout mine but you can!)