Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

il y a 30 minutes, Archforge a dit :

So you're okay with people DDOSing games that is created by people who earns a living from it as long as the reason is "good by your standards"?

Did I even say that ?

I said I can see why some people would be mad at the devs and hit them where it hurts.

The sentence meant exactly what it said. You don't need to look further into it and make me say what I never said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SauriaLizardqueen said:

Except when the attack basically consists in dropping hundreds of dead bodies on you. Sure you won't be harmed much thanks to your shield, but you'll still have issues to move and breathe.

Which is how DDoS attacks work. As a rough, coarse and gets-everywhere analogy, you could argue they're not offensive attacks, they're basically stunlocks.

I know how DDoS attacks work, I know most relevant attack types and on.

To avoid having a pile of dead bodies you can use big guys holding big shields for you(even if it is not free).

Surely using only one datacenter is not enough to handle huge pile but there are some big filtering networks that can clean up up to 5-7 Terabits per second.

58 minutes ago, Nightressa said:

If your not like all of us. Read the initil post. There getting ddosed. Don't asume people will delete because of server issues. Shame on you.

hmmm rather aggressive of you ,tho dont assume what i said won't happen ,my roommate has deleted it like an hour ago .so eat your own word back :D 

1 minute ago, AttiasBarak said:

lol?

I'm just stating the facts, DDoS in WF is almost not a thing, all they need to do is to close\limit the relay\dojo servers and limit all the income traffic
it will effect the game much much much less then what u got now and the attackers will probably stop because they cant do S#&$

also u got this mysteries maintains to the chat, pretty much prove my point that theres no DDoS attack and that they just fked up something
u are being the ignorance here, issue with the dojo can be seen as DDoS, almost any issue with the game can seen as DDoS attack or they just lying

The servers impacted here are the ones handeling accounts fo the most part and it seems chat as well to an extend, though chat is pretty prone to failing with the smallest of issues

Warframe is mostly peer to peer and open areas like relays and the dojos are all handled by separate servers. so most of the time with general play you wont notice.

However when you want to log in, change a loadout, finish a mission, etc, then the game will try to contact the server that handles your account info. But what if some source starts sending request upon request to that server to for example log in. then you kind of start making it difficult for that server to give you your info because it needs to handle ALL these other things.

Congratulations you now know how a DDoS against warframe functions and what complications it has and why this has all the symptoms of a DDoS strike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UltimoApollo said:

welll we wish them bon voyage ...

cant decide whats more stupid your comment or the ppl who delete a game couse it have some problems for few days

ooook its your whiny comment

yea you guys keep saying that ,cuz my roommate has already done it .but you dont know that and i dont blame you .still ,be a little educated will you ?

1 minute ago, Lahared said:

Sorry. That's just how it is sometimes.

shiba inu what GIF

I swear the doge was saying 'wat' the first time... it seems that in the minutes since you last posted it has improved its mastery of human languages. Clever doge. Let's train it to sniff out and devour anti-WF haxors!

9 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

Oh you are hilarious.

Please do educate this expert on how easy it is to avoid DDoS attacks (without preventing people from reasonably accessing their product).

ok so to all the stupid kids here.

WF is mainly P2P base, that's mean that you are not connected to the game servers all the time.

say the main servers under DDoS attack it will only slow down the DB update after each mission and not by much
relays\dojo obviously will be laggy but ull still be able to do almost everything in there pretty much normally.

if DE want to avoid the DDoS attack all they need to do is limit the traffic to the servers, which mean that the attacker wont be able to overload the server which wont cause crashes which are the main issue in DDoS attack.

The slowdown does't matter in Warframe sense all critical gameplay related stuff are P2P or hosted by other servers (only stuff like conclave).

So you wont really care about the slow down u'll just have to wait 1200ms instead of 300ms~ and the attacker will basically DDoS him self more then what he can do to the servers cause DDoS works both ways.

This is pretty much how it's 

so why they don't do that? because it's not DDoS attack, they fked up with the dojo decoration which is overloading the servers
much like they did with the twitch drops 

il y a 1 minute, Airwolfen a dit :

The servers impacted here are the ones handeling accounts fo the most part and it seems chat as well to an extend, though chat is pretty prone to failing with the smallest of issues

Warframe is mostly peer to peer and open areas like relays and the dojos are all handled by separate servers. so most of the time with general play you wont notice.

However when you want to log in, change a loadout, finish a mission, etc, then the game will try to contact the server that handles your account info. But what if some source starts sending request upon request to that server to for example log in. then you kind of start making it difficult for that server to give you your info because it needs to handle ALL these other things.

Congratulations you now know how a DDoS against warframe functions and what complications it has and why this has all the symptoms of a DDoS strike.

Thanks for making things clear rather than insulting the guy. A few people in this thread could learn from you.

1 minute ago, Isca said:

I swear the doge was saying 'wat' the first time... it seems that in the minutes since you last posted it has improved its mastery of human languages. Clever doge. Let's train it to sniff out and devour anti-WF haxors!

Or we could employ this guy.

tantrum GIF
Edited by Lahared

13 minutes ago, AttiasBarak said:

lol?

I'm just stating the facts, DDoS in WF is almost not a thing, all they need to do is to close\limit the relay\dojo servers and limit all the income traffic
it will effect the game much much much less then what u got now and the attackers will probably stop because they cant do S#&$

also u got this mysteries maintains to the chat, pretty much prove my point that theres no DDoS attack and that they just fked up something
u are being the ignorance here, issue with the dojo can be seen as DDoS, almost any issue with the game can seen as DDoS attack or they just lying 

tell MS?

u obviously don't know what u are talking about

every case it for itself, for wf its pretty easy and almost wont effect the game play, btw read what i typed up there, pretty much the way to stop the "DDoS attack"

again stupid kid who don't understand how networking work -_-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I mean whatever tickles your fancy bud.