Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

The servers impacted here are the ones handeling accounts fo the most part and it seems chat as well to an extend, though chat is pretty prone to failing with the smallest of issues

Warframe is mostly peer to peer and open areas like relays and the dojos are all handled by separate servers. so most of the time with general play you wont notice.

However when you want to log in, change a loadout, finish a mission, etc, then the game will try to contact the server that handles your account info. But what if some source starts sending request upon request to that server to for example log in. then you kind of start making it difficult for that server to give you your info because it needs to handle ALL these other things.

Congratulations you now know how a DDoS against warframe functions and what complications it has and why this has all the symptoms of a DDoS strike.

It's pretty much what I said and again the simple fix is to limit the traffic for everyone

but again it's not DDoS attack that's why limiting the traffic wont do S#&$.

7 minutes ago, SchattenBach said:

yea you guys keep saying that ,cuz my roommate has already done it .but you dont know that and i dont blame you .still ,be a little educated will you ?

Your room mate was most likely an random Excalibur spy lazer running noob we wont mis him

3 minutes ago, AttiasBarak said:

ok so to all the stupid kids here.

WF is mainly P2P base, that's mean that you are not connected to the game servers all the time.

say the main servers under DDoS attack it will only slow down the DB update after each mission and not by much
relays\dojo obviously will be laggy but ull still be able to do almost everything in there pretty much normally.

if DE want to avoid the DDoS attack all they need to do is limit the traffic to the servers, which mean that the attacker wont be able to overload the server which wont cause crashes which are the main issue in DDoS attack.

The slowdown does't matter in Warframe sense all critical gameplay related stuff are P2P or hosted by other servers (only stuff like conclave).

So you wont really care about the slow down u'll just have to wait 1200ms instead of 300ms~ and the attacker will basically DDoS him self more then what he can do to the servers cause DDoS works both ways.

This is pretty much how it's 

so why they don't do that? because it's not DDoS attack, they fked up with the dojo decoration which is overloading the servers
much like they did with the twitch drops 

Your first mistake was insulting and classifying.

The second was continuing to rant with anger.

Take a breather.

tantrum GIF

12 minutes ago, SchattenBach said:

I KNOW IT BECAUSE MY ROOMMATE DELETED IT AN HOUR AGO 

THEN you should have said your roommate deleted his account, NOT people are deleting their accounts. By generalizing your roommate reaction, you're overreacting. And he didn't delete his account. His account is the property of DE. He merely uninstalled the client from his computer.

And telling people to get an education (and not 'get educated'), well...

Have a nice day anyway.

Edited by tprx
  • Like 1

I dont get it. It's been over 10 minutes optimizing download cache. Why is it so slow? Currently at 51%, I got the game installed on an SSD, got i7 4770k with H110i, 16GB ram, dual GTX 760 4GB OC Windforce x3 in SLI and a 100/10Mbit/s ethernet cable modem connection? What can there be to improve that optimizing? Seriously

EDIT: CPU: 7% RAM: 26% Disk: 31% LAN: 0% GPU: 7%
There are resources to be used, why ain't you using it??

Edited by K-Bean
Added some more info

1 minute ago, Lahared said:

Your first mistake was insulting and classifying.

The second was continuing to rant with anger.

Take a breather.

tantrum GIF

pretty much what this guy said is why I remark him the way I did.

Don't come off as a prick, and maybe people won't treat you like one.

Just now, K-Bean said:

I dont get it. It's been over 10 minutes optimizing download cache. Why is it so slow? Currently at 51%, I got the game installed on an SSD, got i7 4770k with H110i, 16GB ram, dual GTX 760 4GB OC Windforce x3 in SLI and a 100/10Mbit/s ethernet cable modem connection? What can there be to improve that optimizing? Seriously

Could be due to the ddos is why it' taking forever.

• Like 1

à l’instant, K-Bean a dit :

Once again, the best, fastest computer and connection in the world won't help you against a DDoS saturating the bandwidth of the server you're trying to connect to.

2 minutes ago, AttiasBarak said:

It's pretty much what I said and again the simple fix is to limit the traffic for everyone

but again it's not DDoS attack that's why limiting the traffic wont do S#&$.

If only fixing a DDoS was as simple as you hope it is. If that was so, then in theory we should never see a DDoS work again.

Congratulations, you fixed an issue that can take down the connection of multi million companies, Not really, but nice try.

Just now, SauriaLizardqueen said:

Once again, the best, fastest computer and connection in the world won't help you against a DDoS saturating the bandwidth of the server you're trying to connect to.

But it is as slow regargless of having DDoS issues going on...

14 minutes ago, AttiasBarak said:

WF is mainly P2P base, that's mean that you are not connected to the game servers all the time.

say the main servers under DDoS attack it will only slow down the DB update after each mission and not by much
relays\dojo obviously will be laggy but ull still be able to do almost everything in there pretty much normally.

if DE want to avoid the DDoS attack all they need to do is limit the traffic to the servers, which mean that the attacker wont be able to overload the server which wont cause crashes which are the main issue in DDoS attack.

The slowdown does't matter in Warframe sense all critical gameplay related stuff are P2P or hosted by other servers (only stuff like conclave).

So you wont really care about the slow down u'll just have to wait 1200ms instead of 300ms~ and the attacker will basically DDoS him self more then what he can do to the servers cause DDoS works both ways.

so why they don't do that? because it's not DDoS attack, they fked up with the dojo decoration which is overloading the servers

Yeah, that won't fix the problem..................

9 minutes ago, Retrijeuj said:

Did I even say that ?

I said I can see why some people would be mad at the devs and hit them where it hurts.

The sentence meant exactly what it said. You don't need to look further into it and make me say what I never said.

You implied you're ok with what they are doing if they have a valid reason. "I can see some reason why people would want to take the game down". You exactly said that and as far as I know people only said that if they agree on the action (DDOSing) done. I didn't "bend" or change your words, it was your exact statement that led me to my understanding of what you've said. You even mocked the people who are irritated by the DDOS attack which is ridiculous since everyone would be annoyed and possibly angered when they can't play their long time favorite game. Try to get off your high horse because as far as I know everyone here is trying to provide constructive criticism on what is happening. Reply or don't reply I really don't care. I only replied to you since you seemingly don't know the context of what you've said earlier.

Just now, TACOlebeau said:

Can someone explain to me why they don't hire or own a anti-ddos?? :S

You can't fully protect yourself from a ddos attack to begin with. Even if they hire one or own one. It will help level things but still be shakey

2 minutes ago, AttiasBarak said:

"Stupid kid"  who likely has more experience in the matter than anyone on the forum because its part of my job.

That slowdown would be extended to every action you take in your orbiter (other than walking around).  Most folks would not accept a several second to possibly minute (depending on how much traffic is being limited per cycle) delay for every action they needed to take.

5 minutes ago, K-Bean said:

EDIT: CPU: 7% RAM: 26% Disk: 31% LAN: 0% GPU: 7%
There are resources to be used, why ain't you using it??

Another person whipping out some fancy part list and not understanding what's the real problem at hand. *sighs*

omg the cringe in this topic is just amazing(as some one who know how networking work).
kids, please stfu u don't know how things work you just looking for excuses no to blame DE for that. -_-

And for the people who seems to know how thinks working please give me 1 reason why the stuff that I suggested wont work aside from this not being a DDoS attack.

il y a 1 minute, Archforge a dit :

You implied you're ok with what they are doing if they have a valid reason. "I can see some reason why people would want to take the game down". You exactly said that and as far as I know people only said that if they agree on the action (DDOSing) done. I didn't "bend" or change your words, it was your exact statement that led me to my understanding of what you've said. You even mocked the people who are irritated by the DDOS attack which is ridiculous since everyone would be annoyed and possibly angered when they can't play their long time favorite game. Try to get off your high horse because as far as I know everyone here is trying to provide constructive criticism on what is happening. Reply or don't reply I really don't care. I only replied to you since you seemingly don't know the context of what you've said earlier.

"I can see why something" doesn't mean "I agree with something". You get that part, or I have to rephrase it ?