Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Euphona Prime+Alt Fire Quality of Life Change?

(XBOX)x Deathcraft x

You know how the Argonak can swap between single shot & full auto with the press of a thumbstick?
I'd love to see this mechanism brought over to the Euphona Prime, just so I don't have to press in the stick to fire the secondary shot.

Something else that bothered me, Would it be possible to setup individual mod setups for weapons with alt fires?, Would it not be cool to mod both sides of the same coin I mean Euphona?

Yes to switch, even though it makes no real difference in my view.

5 hours ago, (XB1)x Deathcraft x said:

Would it be possible to setup individual mod setups for weapons with alt fires?

There's no way you get to bring 2 different mod setups for 1 weapon. With the Euphona, you mod for the main bit and the other one is a bonus. It will never be treated as a totally separate weapon, lest you basically be able to bring more than 3 modded weapons into a mission.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26. 03. 2018. at 9:33 PM, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I'd like this alt fire toggle for every weapon with alt fire.

On 26. 03. 2018. at 11:01 PM, (XB1)INe Saninus said:

Yes pls.

Bring it to all weapons with alt fire. Tenora struggles as well.

(Not the Corinth though. It's fine with its current alt fire mechanic)

Agreed. Having to use something else other than Left Mouse Button completely screws with accuracy and tracking.
Why is it that Euphona and Tenora don't have a toggle? I mean sure Tenora ain't that awesome so I don't use it much (that stupid spool-up and suicidaly bad spread during spool-up) but this lack of toggle is a big reason why I don't use it, and it's one of my favorite looking weapons. Same (aside from looks) goes for Euphona as well.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:18 AM, (XB1)x Deathcraft x said:

You know how the Argonak can swap between single shot & full auto with the press of a thumbstick?
I'd love to see this mechanism brought over to the Euphona Prime, just so I don't have to press in the stick to fire

On 3/27/2018 at 8:33 AM, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Agreed

Edited by (PS4)Fairfied

On 3/26/2018 at 12:33 PM, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Yes please. Make alt fire button a toggle, not the actual fire button. 

On 3/26/2018 at 12:18 PM, (XB1)x Deathcraft x said:

Something else that bothered me, Would it be possible to setup individual mod setups for weapons with alt fires?, Would it not be cool to mod both sides of the same coin I mean Euphona?

Disagree here. You don't want guns to be full blown swiss army knives because that reduces loadout variety/choices. 

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe for console, but that sounds like a button mapping issue not a weapon issue.  Can you rebind alt-fire to something more comfortable?  Maybe let elite controller owners on xbone map to their paddles? (actually I think they already can by binding paddle to click).  I don't really have a solution for PS4.  Maybe use the stick as a modifier key that toggles primary fire into alt fire?

For PC I want the opposite.  Alt fire on Zarr should just fire barrage instead of being a clunky slow mode swap.

I also miss when alt-fire was RMB instead of M3.  Do alt-fire guns really need ADS?  Only if you're trying to trigger argon scope or something.  Can we have a toggle option to swap ADS and alt-fire keybinds for guns with alt-fire (or just default map alt-fire to ADS on guns without alt-fire)?

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

It's not what you think, I want to have a toggle option for every alt-fire gun. This would exclude things like Castanas/ some launchers & their alt-fire detonation though.

It would still be using the same thumb stick just toggled. Look at the "Argonak", it toggles & works smoothly.

Edited by (XB1)x Deathcraft x

Give Euphona Prime an alt-fire toggle and bump up the damage fall-off on the alt-fire. Currently it only has 5m range max before the damage takes a dip, so if the handcannon gets a QoL buff to changing dedicated fire modes, the alt-fire should have something to make it a little more reliable than past melee range.