Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star Armored Vault: One-Shotted, Bounty Failure

Raspberry

Seems the Napalm one-shotting the whole vault is still a problem, unfixed since December. I know there are lots of ways to prevent enemies from even shooting the vault, but if you look at this reasonably, we're not playing Plague Star to be super hardcore and go sortie or beyond in terms difficulty. I'm not okay with a SINGLE Napalm fireball (or whatever the culprit was) wiping out all of a vault's 4-5k health in just 2 seconds. That's a level of damage that almost all of our Warframes cannot easily withstand. This from a level 20 tier of enemy is unacceptable and unreasonable regarding balance.

Or I dunno, it could be that lvl 6000+ Latcher bug again, I honestly didn't see.

Happened a twice for me whilst solo but never bothered by it. Just figured its a bug since I've done alot of runs after that and I was very comfortable clearing it. And the nature that it failed made me sure its some what a bug because its still early on the timer and theres not many enemies around. Went away for a few secs to fetch some energy orbs then somehow it failed. Happened way too fast for it to be from normal enemy fire.

Not sure if theres that ridiculously dumb tusk bolkor though.

The difficulty of that mission segment is all over the place. Sometimes I can hold attackers off without a problem, and sometimes the game goes "F*** you" and spawns four nox mobs of which one is an exilus, that you deplete your entire ammo stock on trying to take down, while his friends happily rips the vault to shreds, supported by two Bolkor gunships for good measure. Or like you said, one napalm would lazily point his gun at the vault, with a smug smile hidden beneath his mask. Add to that the ghouls and infested mob spillover and a screen filled with particle effects, and you have a very frustrating gaming experience.

9 hours ago, kambinks said:

Happened a twice for me whilst solo but never bothered by it. Just figured its a bug since I've done alot of runs after that and I was very comfortable clearing it. And the nature that it failed made me sure its some what a bug because its still early on the timer and theres not many enemies around. Went away for a few secs to fetch some energy orbs then somehow it failed. Happened way too fast for it to be from normal enemy fire.

Not sure if theres that ridiculously dumb tusk bolkor though.

It was certainly not a bolkor in my case. I'm guessing it's a bug, too, because it was the only run where the armored vault took any significant amount of damage at all. Since then, I've even risked having some Napalms shoot at it as a test, didn't get hurt very badly.

Only two things that have ever done this are a Napalm coating the defense target with a dozen fires while it was hiding in a bush nearby (once, and rare, and not really instant so much as "Welp, we're hosed"), and a Tusk Predator doing its teleport attack and crit-slash proc'ing the defense target a couple times.

With the Napalm you've just gotta keep an eye out for 'em, and generally the terrain around the defense target doesn't allow this to happen to begin with. The Predator mostly requires you to keep the console in your field of view at all times so you can obliterate them the moment they teleport, or deploy a placeable that will prevent it from attacking the console after it teleports (Effigy, Vauban's Vortex & Bastille, Fireball Firepatch, Equinox with charged Peaceful Provocation, etc.).

I saw it happen a few times back in November. The Napalms are annoying but the real culprits are rogue Flameblades. If you're super unlucky they can teleport into the vault and 2 - 3 hit the console. By the time you notice it it's already too late a lot of the time.

Edited by Jaysus41

Happening like 1/4 of the times so far. Really taking any motivation to grind this event further out of it. I'm already running a Nova, if that can't prevent this random failure then what's the point of all the running around? It's just gambling and hope I get lucky at this point, or rather, not  unlucky.

Edited by marelooke

I had runs with literally no enemies coming at all. Another time I had a Tusk Predator teleporting onto me then proceeding to attack the mixer one-shotting it. Yeah, both spawning and difficulty is all over the place during the mixing step.

Can confirm the predator problem, now I know exactly what to look for.

Using shield drone specters seem to help a little, but they are very unreliable and fly off to poke at mobs more than a hundred meters away. When they do stay close to you and the vault, they tend to get torn apart very quickly, so they are not really a solution to the problem.

There's also the problem with mob numbers. All their visual effects combined tend to clutter up the screen, making me virtually blind half the time. Frame rate also tanks when this happens, so the game turns into a slideshow.

Warframe has a difficulty inconsistency problem overall, and it is no more obvious than here.