The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA

(PSN)Croewe

Without wasting time: DE is dropping the ball on this frame, dropping it very far. 

Khora's original Abilities and general Design was incredibly intriguing. A new Exalted ability, a new pet that can follow you around and help (Which is definitely in-and-of itself something that needs a rework with Pets 2.0), and of course, her ability to change between IPS. This was her signature, main gimmick, it's what made her stand out to me. With an ability like that there are alot of interesting builds and decisions you can make with just that alone. You would have to change it for the enemy you're fighting, for what weapon is possibly out of ammo, maybe you need to be up close and personal, but need just a little more damage output to stay up and fighting. Again this was her main thing but it seems like it's been tossed for more... boring abilities, lets say.

There are too many abilities like her 1, where it simply is a slash that does damage (In fact its VERY similar to how Gara's 1 works, who just came out) Her 2 seems a little too similar to some other CC abilities, namely Nidus's 2; Larva, or Zephyr's 4; Tornado. Her 3 is great, I like the idea of having another pet that follows you around, especially since they still kept the idea of changing between different 'Job's, but I still believe this concept could be much better executed with her previous IPS version. And... her 4. This is, honestly, boring as all hell. Simply put it seems unfun, and other frames could do it better, and Harrow's 1; Condemn. Although, AGAIN, I believe this ability could be FAR better with her previous state. Each Status could affect the enemy in the way they usually do. Perhaps Impact would make them slower when released from the chains, or Puncture could make their shields weaker, and slash even their armor.

Now, I understand why these changes were made. Damage 3.0 is in the works, and 2.5 was thrown out recently. With 3.0 not coming for a while, it seems, there's no reason to just hold the frame back until it releases. IPS can be rather overpowered with certain weapons and builds, (Most notably slash being a must-have for any high level enemy) and having an entire frame buff these in this unstable state isn't the best. Personally, I would prefer this kind of situation be remedied with either a postponement of the frame until 3.0, or to simply release her in a similar way to how her previous design was, and fix her up later when 3.0 rolls around. These new changes, while I understand are VERY placeholder and most likely subject to change, simply take away from what I feel the frame should be. Her abilities are too bland, for the most part, and other frames simply do them better. (From my understanding, at least, we of course haven't played her, or see how her abilities work with various mods and all that)

I really was excited for this character, all-in-all, and do look forward for what DE has in store for her in the future.

Look at the flowers!: Sanctuary Onslaught

To start off, I love the way this is starting to look. An endless, pseudo-survival for Endgame players? Count me in! (Despite the fact i'm more mid-game, if not late early game)

But, and I understand that we don't know exactly all the rewards, but they seem... underwhelming so far. A mod that makes your enemies have flowers pop out of them... really? I know there are plenty of people that will and already do simply LOVE this kind of thing. As stated in the devstream it'd go nice with a fashion frame, Titania, Oberon, Saryn, those kind of things. But they take up an entire mod slot, and are nothing but useless gameplay-wise, which is something alot of people enjoy as well. I know plenty of people who simply enjoy maxing things out, making them as powerful as they can, even if that's simply getting the already most powerful items in the game and just having fun mowing things down. Or maybe someone is simply a collector and wants every frame, weapon, and mod they could possibly ever get. There needs to be a balance between the different kinds of players in the various game modes and rewards for them.

I have some suggestions for the gamemode. For one; Make the rewards system A, B, C, unlike most endless which make it A, A, B, C, keep it at every other round, but make the Portals take a little longer to appear. If this is an end-game deal it's important to make it challenging, and with any decent squad in it's current state it seems just a tad too simple to just run around and kill things with basically any Survival / Large AOE frames. Secondly; Put Orokin Vaults in there. Maybe every certain number of "Waves" the spawn chance for a vault to spawn would grow, similar to how Corrupted Vor will spawn near the end of the void. In it's current state Vaults seem nearly useless, I have almost never seen anyone want to actively go farm for vaults for the rewards, mostly they just trade the mods- the main reason to even farm the vaults- between eachother. (And in my personal opinion some of these mods need to be buffed, but that's a different topic.) Lastly; PLEASE make scalable versions. Maybe they could be tied to each branch of the void, maybe you unlock harder versions through more MR, who knows.

Please, leave your feedback below! I love discussing these kinds of topics.

an exalted whip would be misused as a better spin2win which is already cancer with the normal whips, and obviously ips can't be linked with her since it's broken and they don't know how to fix it (though it's real simple to, and there's a crap-ton of feedback about it, but it's the usual 'there's more important stuff' argument when it comes to DE). as far as the new 4th, I'd hold my judgement until she's out

frames are bound to be similar overtime, it's just a fact. uniqueness is obvious when there's only 10-15 frames, but becomes next to impossible when you have 30 of them

as for postponing her, they already teased the hell out of her and at this point it'll be worse for them to not release her because you know some people would get salty over it. getting salty over unfinished stuff like TWW (before) and sacrifice (now) is one thing, getting salty over a finished product that won't be released because of future tweaks is another. and getting salty over finished systems that the devs just 'forgot' to release (like kuva survival) is totally justifiable   

30 минут назад, GinKenshin сказал:

an exalted whip would be misused as a better spin2win which is already cancer with the normal whips

you cant use acolyte mods with exalted weapons.

exalted whip would be underused because there are no good stances imo. if i would like to play something like whip in normal way - blade and whip is much more fun to use.

1 minute ago, Sqecmi said:

you cant use acolyte mods with exalted weapons.

exalted whip would be underused because there are no good stances imo. if i would like to play something like whip in normal way - blade and whip is much more fun to use.

But wouldn't it have its own stance since.. you know, its an ability?

48 минут назад, CannyCanne сказал:

Again this was her main thing but it seems like it's been tossed for more... boring abilities, lets say.

yes. sadly khora isnt that fun anymore, they salvaged 1 and 4th abilities from other frames, because they must release at least something.

it's 6 months since last content update after all.

really was excited for this character, all-in-all, and do look forward for what DE has in store for her in the future.

lets hope it wont be at her prime release

Most notably slash being a must-have for any high level enemy

slash feels really underwhelming comparing to condition overload and hybrid builds (sadly only plague kripath can do those, except for prisma dual cleaver) for high level content

Edited by Sqecmi

The stats are interesting on her and not sure if there were a maxed vitality or redirection but the 375 hp and shield means she could have 75-80 hp just like mirage or mag. The 350 armor is an impressive armor rating among the caster-ranger like frames. The energy is seems just above the low energy caster level. The speed is normal a bit better and overall the stats are looks okay. If there was not any modifier in her then she is capable of survive. The abilities not sure I will wait the judgement on her abilities when she released and I get her. 

Yes,I was really looking forward for Khora,her original design was so mind blowing and unique,adaptive damage, familiar, supercool exalted whip.

Everything about her was a plus, fell in love on her at first sight.

But now,they threw her idea out of the window and did everything different from that,I mean,they could keep the original idea and adapting the desired IPS changes just for her kit.

Well, I'm so sad with this final product (still hoping for changes),but I've learned the lesson - never,ever hype for any unreleased/unfished content.

The problem I have with Khora's abilities they showed us is that, except her 3rd power (which is pretty cool and looks fun), every powers are just a copy and  paste of other warframes power (Khora's 1 = Gara's 1 ; Khora's 2 = Gara's 3 ; Khora's 4 ~ Gara's 4 but worse)... Imo, remove the 3rd ability and KHORA=GARA... And this is dissapointing. I don't really care if she has exalted whip or not, but just the fact that she is a Gara Bis is sad. It looks like they quickly made powers to a warframe, just to please us and give us a Mastery fodder. 

So this warframe might be fun, powerfull, but she's not a "new" warframe. That's why I don't like it... They already done that once, with Nezha, which is basically a Rhino with a cool syndicate power augment, and now it's Gara's turn to get a dopplegänger...

Edited by Samotte

22 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

The only 2 that actually feel like exalted weapons are exalted blade and Valkyr's claws.

Sorry but tinny winny pistols that Mesa and Titania use are out of the picture that's why barely anyone uses the as examples, also Ivara too. Not that they don't do damage but it feels like nothing special is happening. You literally just fire pistols or a bow. Wukong - don't even start. No one uses his primal fury that's how much it sucks.

How exactly does an exalted weapon "feel"? They either are exalted weapons or they arent, it isnt about feel. And what makes Valkyr different than Wukong, Ivara or the others? You get claw weapons, that is it. Just as Wukong gets a staff that grows in size and Ivara gets a bow.

Titania is probably the one that changes the most, getting both an exalted melee and range weapon along with three dimentional movement, size change, passive avoidance and passive damage through the butterflies. Excal is probably the second one to change the most.

Hey all, if you havent seen the recent dev stream or the dev stream overview it'd probably help to understand what I'm talking about. 

For such a cool and edgy theme she really doesn't sound like shes actually doing very much.

Her 1 is an aoe skill cast in front of her using melee mods like gara's. Doesnt seem to have cc or sustain other than it uses your mods, which given it has a cast time means you may as well just hit them with the melee you equipped her with instead. 

Her 2 is called ensnare. Basically what seemed to be like a stronger version of tether grenades or a weak version of vaubans vortex, except it looked like it pulled in enemys fairly slowly. Seems okay on paper but for a frame without much in the way of meaningful defenses it seems pretty mild for cc given its just a small area around the initial target. Probably likened more to titanias lanturn.

Her 3 summons venari. Probably the core part of her kit at this point. Attack, disarm, dot heals allies. The catch is its not you doing any of it. Your ai cat is. So while a good skill it really needs stronger things to compliment it. Especially if the cats gonna run off to heal allies. 

And lastly strangledome.honestly had no idea what it did the first time i saw it on stream. And still had no idea after the next few times either. And thats a problem. Its an ultimate ability that feels more like a 3rd. The lack of a defining ult makes her feel like shes lacking something important that would entice people to use her. 

Please can we get her abilities at least added to before release?  Maybe add healing or overshields when you whip slap enemies with her 1? Combine 2+4 to make a dome that draws enemies in and ensnares them? Then you can have 2 to be a whole new ability. Something like Dominate - mark enemy. On death the enemy respawns as your follower until death or another takes its place. 

As much as id like an exalted whip to be returned, id much rather have more meaningful tools in the rest of her abilities to actually help stay alive rather than healing after the damage gets done

Think they talked about the 4th ability still being buggy when they showed it off in the dev stream. It wasn't acting right in tight spaces.

I don't think they are going to change her abilities that much closer to release. Think they are honestly happy enough with her kit. 

Seems that they are going to fix up any bugs present in her abilities and release her this week. Then visit her again as they do with other frames later on.  

I'm honestly looking forward to using her. Her 1,2, and 3 look fun to use. If her 4th is a little off but hopefully they will revisit her at another time. Have to reserve full judgment until she gets here. 

Her kit is really starting to look like Vauban's, with Ensnare being Vortex and Strangledome being Bastille. Besides this, her first ability is nothing new, as you mentioned it's like Gara's, and several other Warframes already have the 'quick-hit' first ability. Again, as you stated, the only interesting ability is the Kavat, and the bad part is that we're not doing anything except for switching modes. 

Overall I feel really disappointed with this upcoming Warframe. 

Idk about anyone else. A exalted Whip was totally fine to me. I was excited for It. Now since they changed her 4th. I’m probably not even gonna buy this frame. Her 4th is a little underwhelming to me. Everything else is fine. Her 2 should be faster at ensnaring close enemies. Could be a great crowd control. 

Also can we mod Venari as a pet or do It scale off of melee mods?

Just now, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Idk about anyone else. A exalted Whip was totally fine to me. I was excited for It. Now since they changed her 4th. I’m probably not even gonna buy this frame. Her 4th is a little underwhelming to me. Everything else is fine. Her 2 should be faster at ensnaring close enemies. Could be a great crowd control. 

Also can we mod Venari as a pet or do It scale off of melee mods?

I believe there will be a separate modding screen for Venari

Just now, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Interesting. Also does It run on duration? I couldn’t tell from the recent Devstreams 

That part I don't know. They showed a couple more things about her 3 or 4 streams ago (I believe, and am probably wrong) doing a plains bounty and she might be running off a set duration. Note that this was when she was still based off of IPS so it was a good while ago. 

I guess Khora Dec was more action-y than Khora April due to how her kit is now structured. With IPS build you would switch between Slash for DPS, Impact for CC, and Puncture for damage reduction, go around holding a whip that creates explosive orbs for AoE damage, ensnare everything in sight and command Venari to attack targets directly.

With Khora 2.0, you just mod for a good stat stick and smack enemies with 1, still ensnare everything in sight, change Venari's mode depending on what you need done and leave her be, then put down Strangledome over a chokepoint or the objective to protect it from melee enemies or cast it around you when you need that panic button (long cast time though). The major focus shifted from Khora to Venari, and while the modes are a welcome addition, Khora's kit doesn't feel as interactive as before when it empowered her melee playstyle.

But as with all pre-release feedback, judgement reserved until I know the full extent of her abilities.

Her 1 being a melee whip lash that uses your melee mods means its a miniature Exalted Whip. It has a single attack on it, but otherwise serves as a much faster, much larger, much stronger single swing than a normal quick melee would. I would agree that having a synergy with 2/4 would be cool, though, but it doesn't necessarily have to have that.

2 will need to actually see the execution and how it scales to judge. The stream it felt slow but they also may have been in the middle of tooling it and had it slow to help find where some bug was.

3 I actually like, but the actual execution will matter greatly.

4 was bugged in the stream... but my biggest complaint about it is that it's a spider frame ability more than anything. It could end up being kinda nifty though, as a quick aoe hard CC that sticks everyone to the walls.

I really dont know the idea of changing an entire damage system just to fit one warframe on it (and fixing some underwhealming stuff).

They could just apply the intended buff just for Khora and it should work fine,no,awesome...perfection in one warframe.

I'm really disappointed with her current status right now,even more because she was in development for a long time with such a good premise.

I pretty much agree with everything you guys have said here. And on the exalted whip topic, it would have been awesome. 

Heres what i thought it could possibly have been like to make it different now that ips isnt her thing: why not make it so you can cast the skill then swap between stances using the alt fire button. The stances i was thinking are weaker fast strikes for status, slow heavy hitting strikes for crit, and a cc stance that staggers, stuns or blinds enemies with whipcracks. 

It'd at least have great utility, could be used for a variety of situations and playstyles and would at least be different than say, exalted blade or hysteria

no matter what happens she will be a frame ill enjoy playing. while frame powers can have similarities they aren't the same. her 2 =/= vortex they are both different abilities. vortex sucks in everything that comes near it, while she turns targets into snare traps. its completely different. strangle dome will snatch people who touch the chains to the wall. for vauban to even get the effect it has he would have to throw bastille and vortex at all the edges of bastile. she is what i could call a living vine. im very thankful we are not getting another exalted mode frame. that type of ability is so tired imo.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I'm basically a broken record at this point so i'll just tldr my thoughts:

~old khora didn't fit thematically with the dominartix/summoner vibe.

~the gimmick of switching damage type was a flop of an idea.  Would never need to swap off the best damage type.  impact would be disruptive gameplay wise for allies.  and puncture would barely be used.

~her old kavat was set and forget like other summoned allies.  Boring.

~exalted whip was fan service to top off a poorly mashed together kit that likely would have over shadowed the rest of her kit basically like nearly every other kit that has one.

~new Khora is more team support due to heals/disarm + more cc.

~Since you interact with the pet much more and nothing in the kit overshadows it she's more in line with a proper summoner.  And having 2 bind abilities that encourage use of her whip fits her dominatrix theme well.

~Abilities sounding/looking similar isn't new to warframe and doesn't mean the abilities will play the same role or play the same.  Khora's 2 is better than nidus and more flexible than boobens vortex.  it's very team friendly.  strangle dome doesn't seem to capture enemies based on power strength and meshes to the environment making it better than bastelle.  Esp since you can pull enemies into it with her 2.

Khora is less visually appealing with this new kit.  we're un aware of any synergies in her kit that are hidden ala gara.  and her survivability is questionable.  but overall this fits her theme much better and the kit is more cohesive with itself rather than the old kit that felt like a gimmicky mess.

Honestly, I don’t understand all the hate she is receiving. What we saw on dev stream 109 was on the dev build which as they said was still being worked on hence  the presence of some bugs. Therefore so many people are frustrated that they removed the exalted whip and find the new ultimate  completely useless but why don’t we give her a chance? As Tactical Potato said, Im paraphrasing: “We should all give some time to a warframe we hate and understand them before projecting all our hatred towards them”. Additionally, the Warframe hasn’t even been released yet and some are already  saying “wow she was fun before now shes just boring” I just don't see how you could know if you didn’t even try her out yet. Nonetheless, I know you guys are giving feedback and that’s what the devs want but I think we shouldn’t always judge a book by it’s cover. The Warframe team have been working on her for roughly 5 months now and after all the IPS feedback they decided to completely change her and the results are nearly not welcomed at all. As we have seen before, underwhelming abilities might come out as outstanding abilities when it comes live. Moreover, im not trying to bash anyone, Im just trying to understand why everyone is being so negative about something that they have just seen and not experienced yet.

(Sorry if things are badly placed, this is my first time using the forums)

Also here’s the video about Tactical Potato expressing his ideas towards a disliked Warframe: