The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think Warframe is P2W?

(PSN)Eagleman443

even the toughest content in the game is easily doable without rivens

rivens are not an argument for p2w

on top of that theres nothing stopping you from farming your own rivens

ive never paid plat for a riven and i dont grind my face off at warframe but i still have 3 or 4 "god tier" rivens

• 2 months later...

By definition it IS.

BUT

You can atleast eventualy earn ingame the means to obtain stuff that is bought.

FYI the deffinition is (paraphrased) : Paying real life money, ether directly or via special currency, to obtain items in game that give an advantage within the games playable mechanics that is otherwise not obtainable by those who do not pay money, or otherwise requires intense grinding and high numbers of hours of play time to aquire.

A simple example is this.

Take 2 new players, one who spends money on plat, one that doesnt.

The one that does can easily out perform the one that doesnt by buying things like Orokin catalysts and reactors, and rushing build jobs, aswell as immediatly being able to buy items from other players on the market with that plat.

The one without paying for plat, cannot.

Hence by deffinition of P2W, Warframe IS Pay 2 Win.

If I would have read this yesterday I would have answered 100% no.

But today while everyone is accessing all the guns and mods and fashions that Baro has ever sold, and if you didn’t spend $20 real money, you can’t access it. I’d have to lower that percentage down some. 

Still not a over the top damage for cash game though, and DE has been good to the community for the most part.

Just now, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

If I would have read this yesterday I would have answered 100% no.

But today while everyone is accessing all the guns and mods and fashions that Baro has ever sold, and if you didn’t spend $20 real money, you can’t access it. I’d have to lower that percentage down some. 

Still not a over the top damage for cash game though, and DE has been good to the community for the most part.

This is literally a "Thank you" for supporting the game and making Tennocon happen. Baro coming back with everything he's ever sold is simply just that, a thank you for the support and a way to give those celebrating Warframe something in return when they can't be there IRL. It's also a clever way to get everyone together like a Virtual con in the relays, talking about the events on the stream and news together as well.

We still have to work our asses off for the ducats lol.

I’m aware of what it is. But most thank yous don’t come with a price tag on them. But the bang is worth the buck in my opinion. I just don’t like access to in game stuff behind a Pay wall esp a wall that I’m willing to pay for but didn’t know anything about till now lol

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

I’m aware of what it is. But most thank yous don’t come with a price tag on them. But the bang is worth the buck in my opinion. I just don’t like access to in game stuff behind a Pay wall esp a wall that I’m willing to pay for but didn’t know anything about till now lol

Except that aside from maybe one or two items, everything in Baro's inventory will come back and was never behind a paywall.

And still no "winning" to pay for.

hace 26 minutos, (PS4)Visegrip117 dijo:

You can get all baro stuff in about 6 month, or even less. Have all together is just to buy and sell their stuff to impatient people or just because you want something and don't want to wait till he brought it again. So no, Tennocon baro isn't a p2w.

There is nothing to win in a Co-op Pve game, but without buying booster i will never spend that much time max daily Focus to max my Operator into a god! And use high end builds without those rare mods to make my future mission runs like a boss.

So P2W? It certainly has some feel to it and not at the same time.

I can spend money to purchase plat which allows me to purchase godlike rivens which in turn allow me to blow past other people in terms of combat prowless, aka one shotting enemies, getting through content faster, so yes in a sense warframe is totally P2W, do I care? No not really as there are no real competitive elements in the game aside from leaderboards and how much more efficiently I can kill enemies than other people.

5 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

I can spend money to purchase plat which allows me to purchase godlike rivens which in turn allow me to blow past other people in terms of combat prowless, aka one shotting enemies, getting through content faster, so yes in a sense warframe is totally P2W, do I care? No not really as there are no real competitive elements in the game aside from leaderboards and how much more efficiently I can kill enemies than other people.

Ah. But here's the catch, you'd still need to be the MR to use them.
Gotta play before you can even pay in a way.
( I seriously didn't mean for that to rhyme that well)

Edited by RetroNomad